English TV series discussion

I enjoyed the over the top gore of Hannibal in the first season for its novelty and characters like Abigail, Gideon, Madchen etc made the show interesting.
The second half of the second season imo completely fell apart. Hannibal being able to abduct Gideon, Will with his bloody knuckles not being connected to Tier's murder, the entire Lound's thing, Bloom dating Hannibal, Miriam and Chilton... the entire thing was ridiculously bad and filled with plotholes.
I'd dropped the show 4 episodes into 2nd season and completed it only after hearing of how shocking the finale was supposed to be.

Hannibal the TV series did create a good narrative pre-Red Dragon and post-Hannibal rising (which form major part of the books).
Though i think now they over played their hand with the S02 finale, itwas high time to start off with the Red Dragon/Silence of the Lambs stuff. Those too are pretty good.

Regarding delayed gratification i.e. holding off watching per episode to enjoy whole season at once, im going one step further nowadays with respect to movies. I dont watch trailers for new movies nowadays. I dont want to have a single inkling of what is going to happen . When you see a cool sequence in a movie , i was earlier like "Cool, i saw that in the trailer " , now i am like "Wow, i never saw that coming". For this reason, i havent watched trailers of Spiderman and godzilla. Will wait for blu ray rip to be released. I have also skipped interstellar trailer as well. Will watch that movie in cinema hall for sure.

For the same reason, i frantically search for mouse to stop the video playback when at the end of the episode , it says "Coming up in the next episode"

Anyone watching Silicon Valley here?
Yep, its a good refresher after the weekly GoT carnage :)

The show started out a little weird but has been getting better and better each week. The last few one have been quite good, hoping for an awesome finale.

Microsoft is trying to advertise its tablets and Metro UI OS left right and center in many TV shows.
Last year I saw they were using MS tablets in Under the Dome. The S09E04 of Supernatural i saw them showing surface being used and the metro UI, even it had a tile of supernatural app. I saw in some other TV show as well, may be blacklist.
They are are aggressively doing their product placement.

Microsoft is trying to advertise its tablets and Metro UI OS left right and center in many TV shows.
Last year I saw they were using MS tablets in Under the Dome. The S09E04 of Supernatural i saw them showing surface being used and the metro UI, even it had a tile of supernatural app. I saw in some other TV show as well, may be blacklist.

To their credit, it is not too obtrusive, you notice that it is a MS device, but it is never central to the story or too distracting,

Hyundai did the same for burn notice - with Fiona's car, 95% of the time when Michael describes what a getaway vehicle needs, its an ad for hyundai :D,

Chuck/Community had Subway built it into the plots :D

To their credit, it is not too obtrusive, you notice that it is a MS device, but it is never central to the story or too distracting,

Hyundai did the same for burn notice - with Fiona's car, 95% of the time when Michael describes what a getaway vehicle needs, its an ad for hyundai :D,

Chuck/Community had Subway built it into the plots :D

Compare that to the "serial placement" I have seen in CID.
Fredy says "Sir aaj mujhe jaldi ghar jaana hai"
ACP: "Kyun kya kaam aa gaya"
Fredy: Sir aapko pata nahi, aaj xyz ka pehla episode hai and mujhe dekhna hai

It is just terrible.

Even Watson in Elementary uses a MS Tablet. Sherlok from Sherlock uses a WMP. If GoT times had mobiles.. Nokia wudve been seen there too :p:p

Continuum is nowhere near POI. The latest 2 seasons are just god awful

Oh :(. Any other good crime/thriller shows besides POI/bates motel/orphan black/the americans. I cant seem to like Fringe. It requires too much suspension of disbelief and it is yet another show where there is one brilliant actor (John noble) and others suck, much similar to blacklist.

Oh :(. Any other good crime/thriller shows besides POI/bates motel/orphan black/the americans. I cant seem to like Fringe. It requires too much suspension of disbelief and it is yet another show where there is one brilliant actor (John noble) and others suck, much similar to blacklist.
Fringe's first season is so-so , individual plots each episode , it gets better later on
For thriller try les revenants

Just got done with Archer Vice and Sons of Anarchy S6 (Holy crap what a finale).

Taking a break now, and just watching Comedians in Cars getting Coffee - 15 minute shorts of Jerry Seinfeld in retro cars (from his collection i'm assuming) talking to his comedian friends, really nice and free to view on the web.

Back