English TV series discussion

The first episode is a non-starter. It very slowly rolls out of park and was only by episode two or three that left me wanting more. However, it's not Ritter so much that carries this but more the feel of the story - if you get what I mean. Colter is more interesting in his turn as Cage and imbues a greater sense of three dimensionality. Perhaps I've overdosed on 'strong women' of late (in just about everything) who each share the same 'quality' of an A personality. Namely, demanding selfish b**ches who come off as petulant using teens, that beat up people physically and/or mentally. These roles used to be the space of men and got criticized over time as laddish, sexist and boring. And yet, somehow, because they're the domain of strong women characters now it's to be regarded as fresh. Not so.
It's getting to be the case more and more where a lead female character is less important to me than the story and this is running that way for me.

Anyways I feel that Darevdeil is far better than this self obsessed drama.A villain without a vision is just a playground bully.
David Tennant's performance as top notch as usual but think of the power that this guy has and wastes it on silly stuff like stealing magazines....
Same goes for JJ who seems like the lone ranger type dudes in the 80's action flicks.

In DD both the hero and the villain have a purpose which encompasses a broader vision outside their own selves.

AFAIK person of interest has been postponed indefinitely. Aka shut down.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Person_of_Interest_episodes#Season_5

As for Jessica Jones, I have watched first 3 episodes and frankly I am underwhelmed. Many of the serious, "thinking and sorting through evidence" scenes feel empty and there just to elongate the run time. As for David Tennat, he is there briefly in some shots so I cannot comment on his acting right now. But it somehow reminds of his portrayal of Barty Crouch Jr from Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire :p

Last edited:
Any Reviews on fargo season 2
Season 1 was epic

I'm loving the atmosphere and pacing (It's even slower than season 1). Definitely worth watching if you liked season 1.

Fargo Season 2 is Brilliant. I was afraid it might turn out to be a little underwhelming with a completely new cast but it has so far managed to be on par with season1 for me. But I believe season 1 had more memorable characters. I am yet to come across someone as vile as Lester Nygaard, But this season definitely feels more fast paced.

One suggestion though, try to binge watch the complete season once it gets finished. I made the mistake of watching it every week, it takes you out of the experience.

Thats great news. What are they going to do next? I hope some characters make a return though, with completely new characters every season, these things can go either ways. Take True Detective for example, season 2 ruined it for me.

Just finished re-watching "The Wire" on blu-ray. Going to start with a new series. Any suggestions? Looking for something on the lines of "Sopranos", something Mob related. Have narrowed it down to two choices : Boardwalk Empire and Peaky Blinders. Which one should I start with? I was leaning towards Boardwalk but then I heard "Peaky blinders" just got "Tom Hardy" and as predicted he is fantastic.

How is Luther? I am a fan of Idris Elba but don't want to watch another Procedural serial killer show. Is Luther any good?

Boardwalk is awesome, you're in for a treat since you seem to like slow paced character driven shows. Haven't watched Peaky yet so can't comment.
Luther is pretty average and over-rated, you won't be missing anything if you don't watch it.

Finished s01 of 'The man in the high castle' . Not very impressed , rather more confused.
Was watching 'Agent x ' . Waste of time . They are trying an American version of James Bond . Sharon Stones talents are rather wasted in this serial [emoji14]

Finished s01 of 'The man in the high castle' . Not very impressed , rather more confused.
Was watching 'Agent x ' . Waste of time . They are trying an American version of James Bond . Sharon Stones talents are rather wasted in this serial [emoji14]
She is the reason i watched the first 2 episodes. Not watching it anymore.
Finished 2 seasons of White Collar.

I swear Once Upon a Time is a child's dream tv series. I thought that it was weird when Snow White was introducted. What followed her was even more...(i don't know how to express it)...there's Robin Hood (does his storybook even begin with "once upon a time"?) and Ariel the mermaid. Now we even have Frozen's own Elsa and Anna, Kristoff and not to forget that lying bastard of a prince, Prince Hans (who btw looked just like in the disney animation movie so that's a plus). LOL. Yep my little siblings and niece loved it.
I'm eagerly waiting for Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock Holmes new season.

My sister likes that show too. But wtf is Robin Hood doing in it? He's not even a fantasy character. Unless there's a magical version of his story somewhere.

Back