English TV series discussion

Outcast
Preacher

Outcast is an interesting take on the exorcist genre with surprisingly graphic violence. I've watched till the 4th episode and while some of the side storylines are starting to get a bit dull the show is definitely worth watching.

Preacher is just loads of fun and has the potential to be the best new show this year.

someone suggest me a nice comedy series. Some of the ones i have liked are- modern family till season 3, Two and a half men till season 5, big bang theory till season 3.

Completed Black Mirror Season 1 and 2 - Impressed Very Much - Why no Season 3 ? !!!

Vikings Season 4 - Last Episode Left - Disappointments So Far.

Completed Agent Carter Season 2 - Nothing to mention.

My series spree so far -
Breaking Bad - Awesome - slow to start with but picks up pace and interest by Season 2.
GOT - you all know.
Prison Break - First 2 seasons are the gem of the series. Every 15 mins, there is some adrenaline rush coming our way. The series later got a little dragging from S3.
Ray Donavan - 1st season was good. Lost the story line there after.
Bosh - Okay - Some police procedures and a fine story line.
Banshee - Its for ppl who like actions every episode - I liked it. The series is complete and no complains given the genre it is.
Homeland - Awesome - Till S3 the series runs so gripping. S4 and 5 have diverted focus and is only in the making of a better storyline.
Luther - Waste of time.
Hannibal - One awesome work - Not suitable for ppl who cant accept Saw (movie) as a mainstream and fun movie. :)

someone suggest me a nice comedy series. Some of the ones i have liked are- modern family till season 3, Two and a half men till season 5, big bang theory till season 3.

apart from the ones @psyph3r mentioned I would also suggest Trophy Wife, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Better off Ted, Master of None, Horace and Pete and You're the Worst

Last edited:
binge watched 2.5 seasons of breaking bad but now fup over. couldnt wait and ended up reading summaries of all episodes left. dunno if i should watch now. also saw pilot of spartacus , seemed like a cheaper version of 300 but seemed ok. will download a few more epis next month

I really liked Peaky Blinders. The cinematography and the acting in general is superb. I also liked the first 3 seasons of misfits, granted its a bit out there and sometime cartoon-ish but it has its charms and is enjoyable. You also see a few GoT actors in completely different roles (e.g. - Iwan Rheon as an awkward nerd).

binge watched 2.5 seasons of breaking bad but now fup over. couldnt wait and ended up reading summaries of all episodes left. dunno if i should watch now.

iRPm2uw.gif

If you folks have not seen Stranger Things, drop everything else and watch the eight episodes Now! This is hands down the most awesome series I have seen in years.

A true homage to 80's classics like ET, Close Encounters and Goonies. However it has enough modernity to keep you hooked from beginning to end.

^Watched the first episode earlier this week, thought it was pretty meh tbh and haven't been able to return to it since then. Will give it another shot this weekend.

If you folks have not seen Stranger Things, drop everything else and watch the eight episodes Now! This is hands down the most awesome series I have seen in years.

A true homage to 80's classics like ET, Close Encounters and Goonies. However it has enough modernity to keep you hooked from beginning to end.
Saw it the sunday after it released. A veyr good show "with a heart". The kids in the show do some great acting. No typical plot twists that you'd expect in normal thrillers.

Back