English TV series discussion

Wanna recommend a banger of a show.
Community. It's has such a unique and creative way of twisting genres. Every episode feels like a new movie. If still have doubts, just watch S1 E23 'Modern Warfare'. Don't need to watch prior episodes to enjoy it.
yeah, watching 2nd last season now.
S1 was crazy good, after that it loses momentum a bit. But its still very good and funny.

Where are you guys watching Fargo. Prime says not available in India.
linux iso site :)
btw heard it will be available in motabhai's platform soon.

True Detective Season 4 feels so much like Fargo.
True detective lost all its credibility for me. This season, first episode was started good, but its rapidly spiralling down.

Its unfair to compare this with fargo - Fargo is different style of storytelling, laid-back and relaxed, every EP is making progress.. where as TD just running in circles with auto-tune soundtrack.

I am trying out a few series on Apple TV+ during the free trial period.
Ted Lasso is a great watch.. Currently almost about the complete season 2, and it is fun. Good clean comedy for most parts, except the language.
Criminal Record is a gripping crime drama, that I'm simultaneously enjoying along with the above.

Any other must watch shows on Apple TV+? I am not sure if I'll pay for the subscription once the trial period ends in March.

Ted Lasso is a great watch.. Currently almost about the complete season 2, and it is fun. Good clean comedy for most parts, except the language.
Criminal Record is a gripping crime drama, that I'm simultaneously enjoying along with the above.

Any other must watch shows on Apple TV+? I am not sure if I'll pay for the subscription once the trial period ends in March.
For me it's Severance, Silo, Slow Horse. All three shows are f**king awesome.

Fun fact, AFC Richmond was on FIFA 23 and so was Ted Lasso. It's a great (sort of wholesome) show. Won't regret watching it.

Perhaps I'm the only one who didn't like Ted Lasso. Boring and bland show.
Meanwhile Silo was one of the best shows I've seen. Foundation is very good. Yet to see other shows on apple tv.

Perhaps I'm the only one who didn't like Ted Lasso. Boring and bland show.
Meanwhile Silo was one of the best shows I've seen. Foundation is very good. Yet to see other shows on apple tv.
Agree with you there. Nothing in Ted Lasso really stood out. Felt like a bland soap opera trying to pull at emotional strings.

Check out this BBC show called 'Shetland'. (I downloaded it so don't know where to officially stream it on)
It is available on iPlayer as it is a BBC Scotland show. It is one of those slow burners you can keep running in the background and wouldn't miss many twists and turns. Watched the latest season as well but with the Douglas Henshall story arc having ended, it is a reset. Started with Midsomer Murders now as with 24 seasons, it should last longer as far as British shows are concerned.

You can safely watch any show and it'll be above average. Recently watched Drops of God and it is so amazing.

Watched Grand Tour Season 5, Episode 3 - Sand Job.

This was one BIG episode... over 2 hour long! Watched it in two sittings and loved the epic drive through the punishingly hot Sahara.

Back