English TV series discussion

Not sure if should put this in spoilers or not but the show is a quite off from the books.
In the books - Graham was the one responsible for putting Hannibal behind bars - though he got disfigured. Now in the show he gets arrested for the murders himself. IMO was a move just so that they could add more suspense points next season.

Thanks for putting up the Spoiler as I haven't read the book stuff .. I much like the pace and the story arc of the show.

From what little I had heard of the show .. I was expecting this guy (Will Graham) to turn into "Hannibal Lecter" .. or that Hannibal Lecter would already be a know Serial Killer like the movies showed and the show was about his FBI hunt ..

Thanks for putting up the Spoiler as I haven't read the book stuff .. I much like the pace and the story arc of the show.

From what little I had heard of the show .. I was expecting this guy (Will Graham) to turn into "Hannibal Lecter" .. or that Hannibal Lecter would already be a know Serial Killer like the movies showed and the show was about his FBI hunt ..
Actually wasn't the show really about the second thing already?

Fantastic mid-season premiere for BrBa! Tread lightly! :D

The best part was Badger's stoned version of Star Trek. Had me in splits. :hilarious:

Dexter was okay. I've always wished this series ended with Season 4 - the Trinity killer's season. This has become a boring drag-fest!

Last edited:
@pradeep200417 & @dinjo: A question for season 3 episode 3 'Bad Day at Black Rock':

I found this episode to be really funny and witty. However, towards the end, right when Dean & Sam are about to dispose off the Rabbit's foot, Bela arrives on the scene and threatens to shoot Sam (since Dean has the Rabbit's foot). She asks Dean to lower the Rabbit's foot down. As Dean slowly lowers it, he flings it right at Bela and she grabs hold of it. The next thing we know is that she burns the Rabbit's foot. What happened here? I know she was cursed too when she got hold of it and handing it over to anyone else would mean her luck running out. But what I don't get is, wasn't she already cursed when she flicked the Rabbit's foot from Sam's jacket pocket back at the restaurant? or did I miss something?

@pradeep200417 & @dinjo: A question for season 3 episode 3 'Bad Day at Black Rock':

I found this episode to be really funny and witty. However, towards the end, right when Dean & Sam are about to dispose off the Rabbit's foot, Bela arrives on the scene and threatens to shoot Sam (since Dean has the Rabbit's foot). She asks Dean to lower the Rabbit's foot down. As Dean slowly lowers it, he flings it right at Bela and she grabs hold of it. The next thing we know is that she burns the Rabbit's foot. What happened here? I know she was cursed too when she got hold of it and handing it over to anyone else would mean her luck running out. But what I don't get is, wasn't she already cursed when she flicked the Rabbit's foot from Sam's jacket pocket back at the restaurant? or did I miss something?
She hadn't touched it. I think she had it wrapped or something.
IF you think that episode is funny, then you need to watch Season 5 Episode 8, "Changing Channels".
It was so funny, that i was laughing out so loud like crazy. That episode would give Sitcoms some tough competition.

Last edited:
Trickster episodes are really great.
Did you watch Season 5 Episode 8, "Changing Channels"?
Dean is usally funny, but this dialog of his had me holding my stomach.

Sam Winchester: You gotta calm down.

Dean Winchester: Calm down? I am wearing *sunglasses* at night! You know who does that? No-talent douchebags! I *hate* this game! I hate that we're in a procedural cop show, and you want to know why? Because I *hate* procedural cop shows! There's like three hundred of 'em on television, they're all the freakin' same, it's "ooh, a plane crashed here," oh shut up!

Last edited:
Hannibal is a serial killer but known by another name .. no body knows its actually him.
its very much like Dexter/Homeland - The Inside Man Thriller -
Ok yeah gotcha.
Actually I think S02E01 will start with what happened in the books - or maybe mid-season. There is no dragging this around if they even want to make it to S03.

She hadn't touched it. I think she had it wrapped or something.

I re-watched the restaurant scene and you're right. Looks like she used the cleaning cloth to wrap it up.

IF you think that episode is funny, then you need to watch Season 5 Episode 8, "Changing Channels".
It was so funny, that i was laughing out so loud like crazy. That episode would give Sitcoms some tough competition.

There was another scene that I found really funny in the first episode of season 3 where

Bobby tells the group the demons they are hunting are the seven sins. Then Dean suddenly says "What's in the box?" and they all look at him in a confused state, then he says "Brad Pitt? Se7 en? No?". ROTFL!

Even I didn't get the reference, that too after having watched Se7 en recently. But that scene came out of nowhere.

I re-watched the restaurant scene and you're right. Looks like she used the cleaning cloth to wrap it up.

There was another scene that I found really funny in the first episode of season 3 where

Bobby tells the group the demons they are hunting are the seven sins. Then Dean suddenly says "What's in the box?" and they all look at him in a confused state, then he says "Brad Pitt? Se7 en? No?". ROTFL!

Even I didn't get the reference, that too after having watched Se7 en recently. But that scene came out of nowhere.
Yeah Dean is funny. :D

Back