English TV series discussion

Done with the 5th season of Two and a Half Men. This show is absolutely EPIC. Not a single dull episode as far as I can remember. It's been consistently hilarious and not just that, it's very witty and well written.

You have started 2.5 men now..? :dead:
Long trip to Himalayas earlier? :borg:

Not done man..

I'll do that.

Completed Sons of Anarchy season 5 this weekend and hand down, this was the best season so far. The first 3-4 episodes really brought out the true brutality and some of the scene were extremely shocking and intense. I'd rather hold discussing the spoilers, but if people are on the fence with this show, this season should change your whole perspective. Though, I have to list this track which was stood out in the entire season. Please don't read the YouTube comments.

Done with the 5th season of Two and a Half Men. This show is absolutely EPIC. Not a single dull episode as far as I can remember. It's been consistently hilarious and not just that, it's very witty and well written. This is my favourite scene till now:

Is 2.5 men a good show? Does it have adult jokes only or is it as witty as Frasier?

Watched the three episodes of The Strain back to back. Is it just me, or anyone else is bored over the same protagonist has "marriage trouble and loves his kids" and will do anything for his kid cliché. Its becoming like the main actress is torn over two guys and sleeps with them cliche in chick flicks (too much of Scandal :p). I am just ffwding all those scenes.

Is 2.5 men a good show? Does it have adult jokes only or is it as witty as Frasier?
Never watched frasier. But i had a blast watching the first 8 seasons of 2.5 men. It is one of those rare shows (besides friends) which maintains its humour quality throughout 8 seasons unlike others which have became a mess in later seasons ( bbt, office). . I think 1 season is enough to judge whether this show is for u or not.

Never watched frasier. But i had a blast watching the first 8 seasons of 2.5 men. It is one of those rare shows (besides friends) which maintains its humour quality throughout 8 seasons unlike others which have became a mess in later seasons ( bbt, office). . I think 1 season is enough to judge whether this show is for u or not.
Never watched Frasier? Do give it a try. Its one of the best comedy shows I have ever seen and abit underrated as well, just like Monk was underrated. The dialogs are so intelligent, witty and funny. I rate it a bit above over Seinfeld.

Till Charlie Sheen was in TAHM it was epic. He and Jon Cryer had impeccable timing and awesome awesome writers. The first 8 seasons I guess were super duper awesome. Weather one likes Ashton or not is subjective, but Jon is carrying the show currently. That new girl isn't much to talk about, there are sometimes when u are reminded of Charlie coz of her dialogs but then nothing much happens after that.

Charlie was the life of the show. He was the highest paid TV actor of his time getting paid $1.25 million per episode when the second best paid was getting $550,000 and that too was the guy who played Alan. Next was Hugh Laurie who was paid $400,000 per episode for House.
I haven't been following the show anymore. Stuck for two seasons after Charlie left but it isn't the same fun it used to be. Chuck Lorre would definitely be feeling the truth in Charlie's words when he said that it was him due to which the show was such a success.

Though I agree Charlie Sheen is the major factor that keeps the show going, Jon Cryer does a fantastic job as well. It's insane how much Sheen was getting paid for his role, that too for a network show. Then again, they don't spend much on the sets, locations or special effects, so it's quite possible they can funnel so much cash into actors provided they are worth it.

You have started 2.5 men now..? :dead:
Long trip to Himalayas earlier? :borg:

Not done man..

Honestly, I'm kicking myself for not starting it earlier. But I'm glad that I finally did.

It's a f*cking laugh-a-riot show. It has tons of adult jokes and innuendos, but all delivered splendidly. It rarely feels cheap. I haven't seen Fraiser, but you definitely need to pick this up ASAP. I'm watching 6 episodes per day. I'm almost at the end of the 6th season now and every episode has been nothing but an absolute blast to watch. I'd say go for it.

Here's another ROTFL Alan scene:

and Jake's ringtone:

^^ don't you guys find such shows excruciatingly slow at dialog delivery? characters wait too long for each others' reaction... needs too much patience to sit through.

^^ don't you guys find such shows excruciatingly slow at dialog delivery? characters wait too long for each others' reaction... needs too much patience to sit through.

There are moments when the pauses would be present, but it doesn't break the overall flow. They are present only when the situation demands it, for which they compensate with awkward gestures and follow up with a good retort. I wouldn't exactly call it "excruciatingly slow", the pacing is perfectly fine.

Watched the season premiere of Outlander.
Time travelling romantic adventure drama. Gorgeous cinematography. Not to mention the ravishing Caitriona Balfe. Can't wait for E2. Based on a book by the same name.

Thanks for the recommendation mate.
Stupendous premiere.

The cinematography and the period setup was great, + the many intertwining levels of two phases of the very pretty Ms Caitriona promises an intriguing season ahead. Glad to have watched it rightaway.

Thanks for the recommendation mate.
Stupendous premiere.

The cinematography and the period setup was great, + the many intertwining levels of two phases of the very pretty Ms Caitriona promises an intriguing season ahead. Glad to have watched it rightaway.
Wired describes it as: "Outlander" is a fantasy story that engages in the sorts of fantasy we so rarely see on television: the kind that dares to put a woman, her experiences and her sexual desires at the center of the story-and lets them run the show.
Couldn't agree more.

Completed the 6th season of Two and a half men. Is it just me or is Jake turning out to be an even bigger douche with each season? Since the last 2 seasons he has been an obnoxious little twat.

Also done with Sons of Anarchy's 6th season, I wouldn't say it was as good as season 5, but managed to deliver a few twists to keep the story afloat. Hope the final season delivers a proper conclusion.

Lastly, half-way through Homelands 3rd season and I'm already getting tired of it. Don't really have the motivation to continue.

Started Foyle's War. Set in the WW era, Foyle is very composed as a Detective and always has a poker face.
Finished 24 S9 in a day :p
Need to finish lots of pending shows

The Knick - Frigging brilliant. Been waiting long for a show like this. Hooked in the 1st 3 minutes !
Is it really that good? Looks like I need to give it a try.
From the trailers it looked like Dr. House (read brilliant doctor with drug issues) set in 1900s. I think there is a Cuddy like character too.

Back