English TV series discussion

TBBT - Just watching for the heck of it. Seems I will never miss this show after it goes off air.
White Collar - Bidding adieu to this show with the last episode remaining. I very much enjoyed watching it. Only 6 episodes in this last season. :(

Next going to start with "The Killing". Is it worth watching ?

TBBT - Just watching for the heck of it. Seems I will never miss this show after it goes off air.
White Collar - Bidding adieu to this show with the last episode remaining. I very much enjoyed watching it. Only 6 episodes in this last season. :(

Next going to start with "The Killing". Is it worth watching ?
IMO, White Collar had not much going for it after about S03. The forced conflict of "oh Peter doesn't trust Neal because he is being manipulated/coerced into stealing x,y,z". I am just surprised they allowed for even for 6 seasons.
That said, The Killing, as with many Nordic adapted series it has a slow build up. Not the "mystery of the week" format many US series seem to follow. So if you are into series long mysteries go for it.

tbbt Is a perfect example of a great comedy that starts off appealing to the intelligentsia and then once it becomes famous, starts pandering to the masses and loses its essence

Person of Interest exceeds expectations. Again. In a setup episode. With a flashbacks resembling 1970's spy films.

Can't wait for next two episodes.

ixKqWsn.png

Randomly picked up Marco Polo and finished the 10 eps over 3 days.
The first couple of eps seemed pretty aimless, guess they were just familiarizing the viewers with the setting.
It got interesting after that.

Strangely, all the other characters have stronger performances, and even more focus than the titular character.
I liked the acting and dialogue by these other characters. Marco Polo himself was not bad, but not really memorable.
Some nice bits of non-cheesiness too, in the form of hey-i-didn't-expect-him-to-say/do-that.

Overall I enjoyed it. Not super spectacular, but it was good.
Anyone else seen it?

Luther is amazing, I just finished 3rd season. It was so intense, man!!.. And I've read somewhere that they are making another season

Back