English TV series discussion

That is an unwarranted suggestion/advice. Voice acting matters for many, and subtitles do a fine job to make people get the hang of things even when the dialogues are not in English.
Sorry suggestion police.

I watched 30 mins of the show in german and hated it. You have to keep your eyes glued to the screen and go back if you glanced away for a few seconds. I like the english version much better.

^^ Doesn't seem like you know the meaning of the term 'subjective', nor do you intend to frame your 'suggestions' with intent.

What worked for you may not work for others.

^^ Doesn't seem like you know the meaning of the term 'subjective', nor do you intend to frame your 'suggestions' with intent.

What worked for you may not work for others.
I don't need to tag every sentence I say here with context, warnings and disclaimers. If you liked it some other way, mention it and people can read both and pick what they like. Please grow up and stop bickering over a suggestion. If you are jobless, let me know, i'll pass on some work and we can both be engaged constructively.

The Big Lebowski - I am not sure why it is such a hyped cult classic. I did notice that it was an offbeat movie that was trying to be a noir when in reality it was a spoof. It wasn't a mindless spoof though. Enjoyable movie.[DOUBLEPOST=1526452250][/DOUBLEPOST]Got myself Netflix and Prime.

I am watching Rurorini Kenshin on Netflix and McLaren pre 2017 season prep on Prime.

Suggestions for what is good on both of those services guys.

Last edited:
Completed 'Luther' - Sound quite odd, Office colleague are addressing each other with their Rank like 'DCI Luther, DS Ripply, DS Lane' - Even head of the department i,e their Boss also addressing them in the same way....Also, what is the 'Copper' mean - A Metal :) :D.

How is the 'Patriot' and 'The Looming Tower' - Any Good ?

Have been watching "The Looming Tower" .. Earlier episodes were ok..
but then you realise that it is nothing much except a jehad-apologist show ( a la AL-Jazeera)..turn off..

Completed 'Luther' - Sound quite odd, Office colleague are addressing each other with their Rank like 'DCI Luther, DS Ripply, DS Lane' - Even head of the department i,e their Boss also addressing them in the same way....Also, what is the 'Copper' mean - A Metal :) :D.

How is the 'Patriot' and 'The Looming Tower' - Any Good ?

Copper is another term used for a Police Guy or a Cop. Cop = Copper
The badge was used to be given to law enforcement authorities in colonial or texan times was made of copper, hence the term copper came into existence.

Just finished watching the final episode of The Americans.

Intensely gripping and a beautifully melancholic end to one of my slow burning yet favorite shows of all time.

I'm recording the last 3 episodes of The Americans which is playing on DTH channel but a couple of weeks behind. Finale will air here this coming Saturday then I will watch the pending episodes on Sunday! :D

Done with The Americans And TMNT 2012. Former is an all time fav for me, while the latter got ruined with its last two seasons.

The Americans show had/has such a fantastic vibe. The laid back feel of the 80s along with a gripping theme + well executed episodes, things did clicked for this one. Very few episodes had the slack, but they pulled it off quite neatly in the end. Def something which I would recommend along with other personal favs like The Wire, Happy Days, Fresh Prince, Narcos etc.

And thank you for introducing me to Fleetwood Mac.

I'm currently watching Westworld Season 2 .
It's not as intriguing to watch as Season 1 .
Not quite impressed after 7 episodes .
May give Season 3 , if it ever comes up a miss .

Dead on. Seems like they are going a bit too ham handed with the slow trickle which keeping in mind that the man behind the Inception script is the showrunner is not a surprise.

However keeping audiences' attention over 2 hrs of a movie and a slew of 1 hr episodes is not the same.

Even s1 was very slow to start. Only got good around 8th ep. Its just that the whole new world and characters kinda kept your interest.

Finished - 'The Looming Tower'
Very engaging, Thoroughly enjoyed the Office Bureaucracy as well as Action when just it needed. Perfectly balanced matured shows.

Started 'McMafia' - First episodes looks promising, hope rest continued.

Completed The Walking Dead Season 8 - Truth to be told, Don't want to watch it anymore.

Even s1 was very slow to start. Only got good around 8th ep. Its just that the whole new world and characters kinda kept your interest.
Agreed
But the storylines are getting too confusing to follow and hard to keep up with all the new characters .
In the last episode the main characters too were missing .
It's like as if they are preparing the stage for series 3 .
Unlike series 1 which was a complete story by itself .

Back