English TV series discussion

Archive 81 on Netflix.
Loved the setting up phase of the horror/suspense themes. Personally, the ending felt a let down. Felt like generic horror.
7/10

Started a couple of new shows this weekend-

Severance (apple TV)- 8/10
2 episodes in but this seems to be a mind-bender in the making. Reviewers who have seen 9 episodes are singing high praises.

From(Have to get it from the high seas)- 9/10
3 episodes in but it is genuinely scary.

Started a couple of new shows this weekend-

Severance (apple TV)- 8/10
2 episodes in but this seems to be a mind-bender in the making. Reviewers who have seen 9 episodes are singing high praises.

From(Have to get it from the high seas)- 9/10
3 episodes in but it is genuinely scary.

Watched the first ep of Severance today. Looks extremely well-made. The way Lumon is described in a show made by Apple, I couldn't help but snicker at every opportunity. Always loved Stiller and Scott, so I knew I'd like it, but it has surpassed my expectations so far (halfway into the second ep).

Almost Human : 7/10. Slick sci-fi with J.J.Abrams producing. I wonder why they killed it after only one season.
It was aired out of order by the tv channel. Last episode was aired halfway through the run i think, so viewership suffered. Plus FOX is known for killing off promising shows after a single season. I really liked Karl Urban and Michael Ealy's chemistry together. If it was made today, i think it would go on for atleast a few seasons considering the shit that gets renewals now a days. Other victims of FOX cancellations are Firefly, Terra Nova, Alactraz and Arrested Development to name a few

started Gotham (TV Series on netflix )

wtf man.. it's also censored like hell, even word like f*ck is muted.
Sansakari Indian words like maderch0d, bahincd0d, bh0sdiwala, g@ndu are allowed and USP of all Netflix Indian shows, which are even used out of context as a fashion.
This disgusting words was the reason we had completely stopped watching hindi shows..

Now looks like torrent are the only option for English ones.

Indian censor board ****ed everything.

I'm waiting for the entire season to finish airing so I can binge Outer Range in one go.

Raised by Wolves got a bit too weird for my taste - especially during Season 2. I don't think I'll continue, which is a shame because I really liked Season 1.
I can't believe we're in 2022 and still don't have a 10/10 space sci-fi series.

I'd recommend everyone watch Black Sails. It's definitely in my top 5 all time shows.
It has a Game of Thrones vibe - but is superior in every way (including a great ending), imo.

Currently making my way through Hannibal Season 1. So far, so good.

I'm waiting for the entire season to finish airing so I can binge Outer Range in one go.

Raised by Wolves got a bit too weird for my taste - especially during Season 2. I don't think I'll continue, which is a shame because I really liked Season 1.
I can't believe we're in 2022 and still don't have a 10/10 space sci-fi series.

I'd recommend everyone watch Black Sails. It's definitely in my top 5 all time shows.
It has a Game of Thrones vibe - but is superior in every way (including a great ending), imo.

Currently making my way through Hannibal Season 1. So far, so good.
The Expanse is a 10/10 space sci-fi series imo if you haven't watched it yet. Agree about black sails and hannibal

The Expanse is a 10/10 space sci-fi series imo if you haven't watched it yet. Agree about black sails and hannibal
It's the one where they're looking for a missing girl in space, right?
I remember watching a couple of seasons quite a while ago, didn't wow me too much, I recall a cookie-cutter MC and forwarding through a lot of boring exposition.

Maybe I'll give it another shot. I was also watching Lost in Space at the time - which made me hate anything sci-fi for a year.

It's the one where they're looking for a missing girl in space, right?
I remember watching a couple of seasons quite a while ago, didn't wow me too much, I recall a cookie-cutter MC and forwarding through a lot of boring exposition.

Maybe I'll give it another shot. I was also watching Lost in Space at the time - which made me hate anything sci-fi for a year.
Lost in space was utterly dogshit, IDEK how they made 3 seasons of it. Give The Expanse another shot you won't be disappointed

started Gotham (TV Series on netflix )

wtf man.. it's also censored like hell, even word like f*ck is muted.
Sansakari Indian words like maderch0d, bahincd0d, bh0sdiwala, g@ndu are allowed and USP of all Netflix Indian shows, which are even used out of context as a fashion.
This disgusting words was the reason we had completely stopped watching hindi shows..

Now looks like torrent are the only option for English ones.

Indian censor board ****ed everything.

have netflix, amzprime, hotstar, zee sonyliv

have a plex seedbox where i watch everything - completely agree!!!!
:D

Halo is building up good in the sci-fi space, give it time and don't judge it by the starting episode.

Resident alien and the Orville both are good if you're in to light comedy sci-fi.
The expanse is a good watch but it builds up the environment a little slow for some people. It's a great watch for sci-fi fans, really wish they expanded more with it's universe.

Raised by wolves and The Westworld had great starting season but went a different way which some might not like, personally i found it okay to continue watching after the first season

Last edited:
Back