English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

Just finished watching all 5 series of "Lost", and I must say it is a fantastic series :). Recommended to anyone who enjoys sci-fi and thrillers. Started watching "How I Met Your Mother" from season 1 and that too is legen...wait for it...dary! :D Awesome series so far :D Cant wait for season 5 to kick in soon...

Has anybody watched Scrubs? I should say it is pretty good. I just finished watching the Season 8 finale.

Any Prison Break fans over here? Man it really went of with a band. PB: Final Break was awesome!

Fringe is another show worth watching. Its Sci-fi. Its initial few episodes were pretty cheap, but man the last 2 episodes were totally mind*#$%! Alternate Reality and Parallel Universe rules.

My top 5 shows at the moment are : LOST, Dexter, Damages, Heroes and DollHouse (a little known show about a secret organisation that erases people's personality and imprints any personality your order thus making them your slaves or dolls).

spindoctor said:
Curb your Enthusiasm is produced by and aired on HBO in America. Cable shows (on HBO, Showtime, AMC, USA, TNT) typically have 10-12 episodes per season. On the other hand, the network shows (on NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX) are the ones that can have 20-26 episodes per season. Why this happens is not set in stone... the cable channels are usually pay channels, have lower consumer penetration in general, have lower advertising costs, lower budgets and hence fewer number of episodes per season. Although the lower budget part isn't strictly true... specifically HBO and Showtime shows have very high production values. It's just something that is.

The big networks are opposite and hence can afford more costly seasons... although a new trend is starting to show up recently. Now even some network shows are getting cut down to 16-18 episode seasons (eg. LOST, the next season of Heroes etc.) All this is an attempt to bring down the costs of creating the shows.

Also, Curb your Enthusiasm has already had 6 seasons, and season 7 is in production right now :)

I knew you had answer, awesome SpinDr:hap2: , would have repped you if I could, thanks for the answer, and how do u know so much about these shows??...do u like read up stuff, where are u located?

saumilsingh said:
Anybody watch Highway On My Plate on NDTV Good Times :p?

Yup, good show, with those timepass food quotes at the end... I really love "Around The World In 85 Plates" its like a travel/tourism + foodie show - very nice. They've just started rerunning it on NDTV Good Times

Jasku said:
I knew you had answer, awesome SpinDr:hap2: , would have repped you if I could, thanks for the answer, and how do u know so much about these shows??...do u like read up stuff, where are u located?

thanks man ;) . i just happen to watch a whole lot of shows and have been for years.. over time one picks up this kind of information.

vishalrao said:
Yup, good show, with those timepass food quotes at the end... I really love "Around The World In 85 Plates" its like a travel/tourism + foodie show - very nice. They've just started rerunning it on NDTV Good Times
Watching Around The World In 85 Plates is torture; the stuff he eats and the way he describes it :p.

Anthony Bourdain : No Reservations which airs on Discovery Travel and Living is another great food show

anybody here seen the real hustle on bbc entertainment it is quite a entertaining show which showcases some really nice cons which can even rival that of oceans movies :p

Dunno about Real Hustle.. But

"BBC Hustle" is pretty awesome show.. If anyone hasnt watched it, then I highly recommend it.

Class actors and equally interesting storyline.. It was back after being cancelled..

log 1 = 0 said:
Dunno about Real Hustle.. But

"BBC Hustle" is pretty awesome show.. If anyone hasnt watched it, then I highly recommend it.

Class actors and equally interesting storyline.. It was back after being cancelled..

indeed. hustle is a brilliant show. the only sad thing is that every season only has 6 episodes :( . they had one bad season when the lead actor wasn't a part of the cast but apart from that, the show is gold and anyone who hasn't watched it yet should check it out.

Yeah that was 4th season..It dragged..

Lead character Michael Stone (Adrian Lester) was out.

I also miss Jaime Murray. She was doing a splendid job, though the new girl isnt doing that bad a job.

Only 6 Episodes, so it sucks but 60min eps are anyday better than 40 min eps. 40 min is just too less to fit a decent con..

Btw 'Leverage' a cheap US rip off of HUSTLE is just terrible. Though I d/ld all eps. Couldnt watch after 3rd ep..

Some of the british shows are just supreme and beyond comparison. Watched one show 'Jekyll' (Director - Steven Moffat (Coupling & Dr.Who fame)last year or so. Awesome acting.

Here's the plot if anyones interested..

Jekyll is a British television drama series produced by Hartswood Films and Stagescreen Productions for BBC One. It was written by Steven Moffat and stars James Nesbitt as Tom Jackman, a modern-day descendant of Dr. Jekyll, who has recently begun transforming into a version of Mr. Hyde (also played by Nesbitt). He uses modern technology in an attempt to keep Hyde in check and the two for a while have a peaceful co-existence until it is revealed that they are the key to a secret-organisation's one-hundred year old plot.

Bluffmaster said:
^Is there any show currently on TV that you've not watched?
there's quite a lot actually :bleh:

log 1 = 0 said:
Yeah that was 4th season..It dragged..

Lead character Michael Stone (Adrian Lester) was out.

I also miss Jaime Murray. She was doing a splendid job, though the new girl isnt doing that bad a job.

Only 6 Episodes, so it sucks but 60min eps are anyday better than 40 min eps. 40 min is just too less to fit a decent con..

Btw 'Leverage' a cheap US rip off of HUSTLE is just terrible. Though I d/ld all eps. Couldnt watch after 3rd ep..

Some of the british shows are just supreme and beyond comparison. Watched one show 'Jekyll' last year or so. Awesome acting.

i didn't really miss jaime murray that much in the last season. the new girl did a really good job imo.

leverage season 2 starts in june as well i think. it's a terrible show but i still watch it out of morbid curiosity. there's so much fail in every episode :bleh:

i loved d concept of leverage. Good show with some bad/lame writing. I mean writing is so weak it ends up making mockery of d character a lot of things about the storyline is unconvincing. one good thing about d show is it got kickarse cast there did good job with this lame/boring plot.

Burn Notice anyone? one the smartest Tv shows on d cable. It looks pretty, the writing's is strong, more importantly it's an intelligent, smart, fun show. Only show that tell how to really piss Anyone with things from local shops mostly importantly How to make bombs n how to use them............

Just started with Boston Legal , and man it's addictive :) The simple court-room comedy and the serious parts make it a wonderful show. Alan Shore (James Spader) has become one of my favorite characters :p Ohh how he kicks A$$ :rofl:

Back