English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

PhOeNiX said:
Just started with Boston Legal , and man it's addictive :) The simple court-room comedy and the serious parts make it a wonderful show. Alan Shore (James Spader) has become one of my favorite characters :p Ohh how he kicks A$$ :rofl:

its a great show!,..i have seen all 5 seasons,..it only gets better with time,..alan shore,denny crane rock.:hap2:

vishwaswish said:
Burn Notice anyone? one the smartest Tv shows on d cable. It looks pretty, the writing's is strong, more importantly it's an intelligent, smart, fun show. Only show that tell how to really piss Anyone with things from local shops mostly importantly How to make bombs n how to use them............

burn notice is great. very entertaining, even though it's a little cheesy. new season starts on thursday! :clap:

The acting of Jeffry Donovan is pretty awesome in Burn Notice.
Actually there is another series of his named 'Touching Evil' - A Crime Drama with superhot Vera Farmiga (Departed fame).
It was an interesting series..

Btw anyone watched Reaper ?
I read the plot and found it cheesy so I skipped it. Is it worth watching ?

Guys, just finished watching the season2 of Chuck, quite good, getting too dramatic now, and the last episode seemed like an inspiration from the Matrix trilogy, and I dont think it will be that much fun
if Chuck could fight and stuff
, but I am sure the writers will have a twist for us!...waiting for season 3!!...

@phoenix- Boston Legal is a great show, but if you like more serious law, you should first check out 'The Practice', its by the same maker, David E Kelley.
and yes Spader is brilliant no doubt, shatner adds humor.

^^ True Blood was pretty good, despite the fact that I don't like vampire shows too much.

Jasku said:
@phoenix- Boston Legal is a great show, but if you like more serious law, you should first check out 'The Practice', its by the same maker, David E Kelley.
and yes Spader is brilliant no doubt, shatner adds humor.

I stopped watching Boston Legal after 3 season as the show kept going around in circles.

^ Though the show does go around in circles, but season 4 and 5 are just worth watching for the chemistry between Alan Shore and Denny Krane :)

there's a new canadian show which is in it's first season right now called 'the listener' which i find pretty decent. the concept isn't very original... it's about a paramedic who can read other people's minds. it's an episodic show and the writing is above average i feel... fairly entertaining and only 12 episodes so far.

Watched only Pilot...when it was aired.. I found it boring.. Haven't checked other eps yet..

log 1 = 0 said:
Watched only Pilot...when it was aired.. I found it boring.. Haven't checked other eps yet..

well i'd suggest checking out a few more episodes then. one is almost never enough to judge ;)

Guys, I just finished watching the first season of Prison Break, and now I get what the hype is all about, it is totally justified, what a brilliantly scripted show by god!....if the remaining 3 seasons are anywhere close to S1, its got to be one of the best shows ever!

michael weston is back! just watched the season premiere of burn notice :D
good episode, and it looks like they're setting up for an interesting story this season.

Jasku said:
Guys, I just finished watching the first season of Prison Break, and now I get what the hype is all about, it is totally justified, what a brilliantly scripted show by god!....if the remaining 3 seasons are anywhere close to S1, its got to be one of the best shows ever!

S2 is as good as S1.

S3 & S4 are not as good as the first 2.

Did anyone recommend the IT crowd yet?.. its great.

I saw Mental. The pilot. Guess how it is? Yep, you got it, its "Mental".

They tried to do a House but it sadly is not even a zhopadpatti.

SharekhaN said:
Did anyone recommend the IT crowd yet?.. its great.

I saw Mental. The pilot. Guess how it is? Yep, you got it, its "Mental".

They tried to do a House but it sadly is not even a zhopadpatti.

The IT Crowd is brilliant

John: I don't think that's true.

Jen: With all due respect John, I am the head of IT and I have it on good authority. If you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet. So please, no one try it, even for a joke. (the executives laugh) It's not a laughing matter. You can break the Internet.

Moss: Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark egg on your face!…I sort of forget what I was talking about.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Extras is another good british sitcom

Watching True Blood in HD :bleh:

Showtime and HBO ppl sure know how to make stories interesting..

does anyone here remeber a show called now and again it was brilliant i wanna know wether its out on dvd??

stalker said:
Just watched the pilot of 'Dead Like Me' Awesome :D
Unfortunately the pilot is the best episode in the series which keeps getting more and more uninteresting as it goes on except for a few episodes here and there which are truly brilliant.

Back