English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

^^ Thanks mate :) Will try them out. Anyone else has any other suggestions for some comedy series?

Sourav said:
^^ Thanks mate :) Will try them out. Anyone else has any other suggestions for some comedy series?

The IT Crowd. Its a British Comedy and its pretty good. Too bad each season has only 6 episodes

imagine my surprise when daler mehndi came on in the latest episode of the unusuals. amongst all the shows that got cancelled this season, this is the one that bugs me the most. it's funny, it had good characters and decent writing... shame that it got canned :(

^^ just check out Homicide. With seven seasons, it will keep you occupied for a while, not to mention the fact that its basically a precursor to The Wire.

chiron said:
^^ just check out Homicide. With seven seasons, it will keep you occupied for a while, not to mention the fact that its basically a precursor to The Wire.

it's really old. i'd rather watch something from the last decade or so. besides, i didn't like the wire much anyway. the first season was great... realistic, gritty, believable. from there on it went to shit (especially s3 with the hamsterdam nonsense and s5 with the serial killer stuff)

Has anyone here seen "Titus" ?
Recommended highly if you don't mind dark comedy :)

Hey guys, into season 4 of Prison Break, and after season1 really the show seems to have lost the plot and gone totally haywire, like one of the Ekta kapoor serials, S1 was pure genius, guess I had my expectations too high.

Did u guys also feel the same?

Jasku said:
Hey guys, into season 4 of Prison Break, and after season1 really the show seems to have lost the plot and gone totally haywire, like one of the Ekta kapoor serials, S1 was pure genius, guess I had my expectations too high.

Season 1 was outstanding. I felt Season2 was good and unlike many I liked Season 3 too which was short, well paced and Michael was in a hostile and impossible situation yet again.

The only time I felt PB lost its charm was from around the 17th episode of Season 4. Also Wentworth Miller didnt look the same.

spindoctor said:
it's really old. i'd rather watch something from the last decade or so. besides, i didn't like the wire much anyway. the first season was great... realistic, gritty, believable. from there on it went to shit (especially s3 with the hamsterdam nonsense and s5 with the serial killer stuff)

It doesn't feel dated at all. The difference is that instead of having a single main plotline of police vs druglords this follows the basic premise of a show like The Unusuals with crimes solved in one or two episodes. Except it is much smarter, funnier and at some points a lot more intense. A few of the plots seem a bit unrealistic but there are some episodes that are excellent.

Thank you so much Mohit. Upon your suggestion, I gave Hustle a try. I have just finished watching the first season and it was absolutely brilliant. Like he said, every episode feels like an Ocean's 11 movie. The Cast is great, the acting first rate and Jaime Murray is a treat to watch. I recommend this to everyone in this thread. This show has everything .. Comedy, action, Drama, Suspense, emotions and all of this done very stylishly.

recently started watching the big bang theory, just finished watching the first season and i absolutely loved it .

most of you must have seen it, but for those who haven't, do so :eek:hyeah:

Jasku said:

yep. the show consistently went downhill from the first season onwards. s4 was better than s3 but that isn't really saying much.

log 1 = 0 said:
Anyone watched "Santuary" and/or "Blood Ties" ?

i watched a few episodes of sanctuary. seemed way too generic and of course, it was a low budget production and that showed. did it get better later?

I have it on HDD but was undecided as to should i watch it or not.. Now may be I will postpone it :bleh:

The number of vampire series is unbelievable considering how stupid the stories invariably are. And all of the guys look exactly the same. Part of the vampire curse I guess.

chiron said:
The number of vampire series is unbelievable considering how stupid the stories invariably are. And all of the guys look exactly the same. Part of the vampire curse I guess.

vampire series don't necessarily have to suck. look at true blood... it's a very nice show. they suck when they start doing the twilight style stuff.

edit - just finished the season premiere of raising the bar. pretty decent episode.

Back