English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

Its a radio show but has anyone checked out Loveline? Its a great timepass while travelling etc except that you'll be grinning like and idiot for no reason.

Index of /mp3/loveline <-- few of the better shows, especially the first one.

stormblast said:
how is numbers. has anyone seen it. was thinking of giving it a try.

It's quite kiddish.. watched the first 8 episodes. Not boring but quite amateurishly made IMO.

wingmysoul said:
recently started watching the big bang theory, just finished watching the first season and i absolutely loved it .

most of you must have seen it, but for those who haven't, do so :eek:hyeah:

Big Bang Theory is pretty good. Not seen all the episodes but highly recommended for us geeks. You will get all the jokes and you will see yourself atleast once during the show. :D

Sei said:
It's quite kiddish.. watched the first 8 episodes. Not boring but quite amateurishly made IMO.

Watched it 3 yrs ago.. Your opinion + 1.. Totally childish & nonsensical..

has anyone seen How I Met Your Mother? (pretty dumb question that, i guess!) :D

its pretty cool

and so is Red Dwarf

rules of engagement is timespass....if ur bored.

im dloading the 10gb bdrip of planet earth :D

I Recommend "Hustle" once again. Its extremely fun and interesting to watch. Right up there with the likes of Prison Break, Dexter, Heroes etc.

I would highly recommend people to watch JAG. Its an old show, however a lot of people may have missed it. It has some highly entertaining court room drama and shows how the US military, navy and airforce works.

vij said:
Season 1 was outstanding. I felt Season2 was good and unlike many I liked Season 3 too which was short, well paced and Michael was in a hostile and impossible situation yet again.
The only time I felt PB lost its charm was from around the 17th episode of Season 4. Also Wentworth Miller didnt look the same.
Yea well, it is gripping alright, but nothing nothing comes close to Season1, speaking of which I have just reached the 17th episode of Season4, it is getting quite dramatic! Wentworth Miller is a brilliant actor, really liked his performance throughout.

Also dloaded 'The IT crowd' as suggested by someone a couple times.

Next few on my list
Burn Notice
Heroes - not a big fan, but will try S1

@Sharekhan, yes JAG is a good show, watched a few episodes on StarWorld long time back, I though it was quite decent.

@Jasku

Yes PB goes downhill bigtime from around the 17th ep of Season 4 :p

Wentworth Miller played scofield well but his role only needed him to keep a straight face most of the time. He has pretty looks and charm and used that. But I cant envision him play a Jack Bauer(Keifer sutherland in 24) kind of role...

Finished watching Two and a Half men . Pretty awesome , waiting for S07

Checking out Peep Show and Black Books ATM

spindoctor said:
vampire series don't necessarily have to suck. look at true blood... it's a very nice show. they suck when they start doing the twilight style stuff.

edit - just finished the season premiere of raising the bar. pretty decent episode.

Just checked out a couple of episodes of Being Human; its also got the cliches of the genre but its as good as True Blood. Nice music at least.

chiron said:
Just checked out a couple of episodes of Being Human; its also got the cliches of the genre but its as good as True Blood. Nice music at least.

i read about this show sometime back... for some reason i generally stay away from british shows... just last night i tried a comedy called spaced starring simon pegg... couldn't even stand 1 episode of it :bleh:

maybe i'll check out this vampire show later. right now i'm struggling with supernatural... every damn episode of this show puts me to sleep. about to start the season 3 finale and then another entire season to go omg.

I watched first 7 eps of Supernatural S1 couple of yrs back.. The show just wasn't going anywhere and that too with no variations.. It was akin watching same ep again and again... Didnt watch after that..

Try "Mumbai Callin"... its a new brit comedy series based on a call center in Mumbai!!!!!

3 episodes have come out till date .....
Its really good!!!!

^^ And its sad IMO. No good shows on currently, I guess I will give weeds a try :)

BTW finished 2 seasons of Its Sunny and Philadelphia, and that show rocks... they simply dont make comedy like it anymore...

log 1 = 0 said:
I watched first 7 eps of Supernatural S1 couple of yrs back.. The show just wasn't going anywhere and that too with no variations.. It was akin watching same ep again and again... Didnt watch after that..

You should watch S04 of Supernatural...frikkin awesome storyline

Aces170 said:
^^ And its sad IMO. No good shows on currently, I guess I will give weeds a try :)

BTW finished 2 seasons of Its Sunny and Philadelphia, and that show rocks... they simply dont make comedy like it anymore...

I find the woman in weeds to be one of the most annoying tv characters. Breaking Bad is better but not by much.

Back