English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

Saw the Pilot episode of Fringe. Seemed pretty good. Let's see if it sustains till the end of the season.

Aces170 said:
Hmm just started watching Burn notice, its entertaining...

Yeah, it was the best show of 2008 in my opinion with fast paced story and nice characters. And it hasn't gotten repititive till the end of season 2 :)

aaahhh, finished season 5 of entourage and it just keeps on getting better.
cant wait for season 6, hope this series never ends :eek:hyeah:

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles.... AwwwwSummm...

y they had to terminate the freakin show itself when it started being GOOD.

the ending was just superb...

watch it guys :)

also go for CRIMINAL MINDS... freakin good show based on crime.. extremely good infact (let go the first 10 episodes.. then its a GEM)

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles.... AwwwwSummm...

y they had to terminate the freakin show itself when it started being GOOD.

the ending was just superb...

watch it guys :)

I didn't get what was so amazing about that ending. But I guess it was because of too much hype leading to too much expectation.

Thinking of trying Nurse Jackie as "dark comedies" are my favourite kind. Started on True Blood's new season; ep2 was decent.

In case of 'Criminal Minds' - Its interesting in the beginning.. Even 1st season as a whole is good.. But after a while theres no variety and it starts getting repetitive i.e no novelty.. though characters are good...

I started watching Arrested Development after it was suggested here.

I watched around 8 episodes until now and there is nothing that made me laugh out. The characters are odd but they fail to be funny in situations. Its a light comedy that will make you smile, similar to My name is Earl , but nothing more than that.

After watching Curb your Enthusiasm, this one doesn't seem to be up there.

Any other sitcoms, mockumentaries to be watched ?

I have seen The Office (US) and like this one a lot as well

I have completed 3 seasons of Sunny and to be honest it has started getting annoying. The characters feel too loud now. It is good for some occasional time pass but it failed to make a fan out of me.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Saw the Pilot episode of Fringe. Seemed pretty good. Let's see if it sustains till the end of the season.

the first half of the season of fringe is very repetitive. it's the same thing over and over again. the writing only gets better in the second half of the season.

^ i watched like 6-7 epis and got bored. old man solving all the mysteries of the world.

^ added the fact that he is been out of touch for like 17 - 18 years from his field, and yet he seemingly knows everything that happens around him, as if no further research has been done after he left

Back