English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

^^ I really don't care about the current Ari and his burnout friend arc either.

chiron said:
^^ I really don't care about the current Ari and his burnout friend arc either.

dude, he is like the character of the show....if not ari, who is ur fav character/part of the show?

ENTOURAGE SPOILERS

i hate to say this but i don't really like this season of entourage much. i can understand the overall direction the show is taking with all the 4 main characters taking different paths in life, but the individual stories just aren't that great. eric being hung up on sloan is seriously irritating now (as is ashley for that matter). johnny drama and turtle just seem to be meandering along with their lives, and vince doesn't have anything happening. a stalker who broke into their house to steal their underwear is the only subplot that vince is involved in... wtf man. that's just stupid. and to top it off, ari has nothing to do with their lives now. the andrew kline affair is boring too.

Jasku said:
dude, he is like the character of the show....if not ari, who is ur fav character/part of the show?

I was talking about the current storyline, not the character as such. The previous post sums my opinion of this season too.

spindoctor said:
ENTOURAGE SPOILERS

i hate to say this but i don't really like this season of entourage much. i can understand the overall direction the show is taking with all the 4 main characters taking different paths in life, but the individual stories just aren't that great. eric being hung up on sloan is seriously irritating now (as is ashley for that matter). johnny drama and turtle just seem to be meandering along with their lives, and vince doesn't have anything happening. a stalker who broke into their house to steal their underwear is the only subplot that vince is involved in... wtf man. that's just stupid. and to top it off, ari has nothing to do with their lives now. the andrew kline affair is boring too.

couldnt agree more dude, its like they are just dragging on the for the sake of it, they have got to get their act together and bring back the excitement of seasons 2 and 3

Jasku said:
couldnt agree more dude, its like they are just dragging on the for the sake of it, they have got to get their act together and bring back the excitement of seasons 2 and 3

sadly i think it's too late for this season. this week was episode 8, so they have only 4 more episodes left in the season. that's the problem with cable shows that have 10-12 episodes per season... if things get bad, it generally sets the tone for the rest of the season. the longer shows which have 22-24 episodes in a season can have a few bad episodes and still turn it around later.

another bad point is that the 4 guys don't have a lot of scenes together. those used to provide some of the most entertaining moments of the show.

so i just finished watching the first and only season of a show called sons of anarchy and damn it is awesome. riveting stuff, i watched all 13 episodes back to back.

trailer for the show -

[youtube]hTSNeDE3yik[/youtube]

description from tv.com

From Kurt Sutter, writer/producer of The Shield, comes Sons of Anarchy, a dark drama set in Charming, a sheltered community watched over by a renegade motorcycle club intent on protecting the town from the newcomers that threaten it. Jackson "Jax" Teller is one member of the brotherhood, who finds his own loyalty to the group tested when he experiences its increasing lawlessness and notoriety, while at the same time adjusting to life as a father. But confusing matters are Jax's mother and stepfather, two ruthless individuals who happen to be the masterminds behind the club.

despite the unfamiliar and strange setting of a motorcycle gang, this show is extremely well written. it has everything... politics, corruption, betrayal, lies, secrets, action, mystery, drama and even humor. wonderful writing, great characters and storylines... damn i can't recommend it enough. if anyone has some time, check it out. season 2 starts on september 8th, so there's just enough to time to catch up :bleh:

great show... no idea why i waited so long to watch it.

spindoctor said:
ENTOURAGE SPOILERS

Couldn't agree more. Even Ari's lines don't have that punch anymore. The only fun part was Andrew's wife screaming on him. :p

Sei said:
^Such a lot of praise! Going to get it immediately Sir! :D

i hope you enjoy it as much as i did :)

just a heads up... the show has an ensemble cast. which means, in the first episode, you are introduced to about 8-10 main characters and their storylines... as a result, i was kind of struggling to keep up right at the beginning... but by episode 2/3, everything had fallen into place ;)

Sei said:
Even Ari's lines don't have that punch anymore. The only fun part was Andrew's wife screaming on him. :p

i know. of all the things that have gone wrong with this season, ari gold's diminished role is right at the top of the list of disappointments :(

I finished watching 6 seasons of 24 on the trot from last few weeks, now i have given it a break and started with smallville season 1

a list of season premiere dates for the fall shows... folks, the good stuff is coming back starting next week :hap2:

September 8:
90210, 8 p.m. (The CW)
Melrose Place, 9 p.m. (The CW)
Sons of Anarchy, 10 p.m. (FX)

September 9:
America’s Next Top Model, 8 p.m. (The CW)
Glee, 9 p.m. (Fox)
So You Think You Can Dance, 8 p.m. (Fox)

September 10:
Supernatural, 9 p.m. (The CW)
The Vampire Diaries, 8 p.m. (The CW)

September 11:
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?, 8 p.m. (Fox)

September 12:
America’s Most Wanted, 9 p.m. (Fox)
Cops, 8 p.m. (Fox)

September 14:
Eddie Griffin: Going for Broke, 10 p.m. (VH1)
Gossip Girl, 8 p.m. (The CW)
The Jay Leno Show, 10 p.m. (NBC)
Lincoln Heights, 8 p.m. (ABC Family)
One Tree Hill, 9 p.m. (The CW)

September 15:
The Biggest Loser, 8 p.m. (NBC)

September 16:
The Beautiful Life, 9 p.m. (The CW)
Launch My Line, 10 p.m. (Bravo)

September 17:
Bones, 8 p.m. (Fox)
Community, 9:30 p.m. (NBC)
Fringe, 9 p.m. (Fox)
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, 10 p.m. (FX)
The Office, 9 p.m. (NBC)
Parks and Recreation, 8:30 p.m. (NBC)
Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday, 8 p.m. (NBC)
Survivor: Samoa, 9 p.m. (CBS)

September 18:
Brothers, 9 p.m. (Fox)
Crash, 10 p.m. (Starz)

September 20:
Bored to Death, 9:30 p.m. (HBO)
Curb Your Enthusiasm, 9 p.m. (HBO)

September 21:
Accidentally on Purpose, 8:30 p.m. (CBS)
The Big Bang Theory, 9:30 p.m. (CBS)
Castle, 10 p.m. (ABC)
CSI: Miami, 10 p.m. (CBS)
Dancing with the Stars, 8 p.m. (ABC)
Heroes, 8 p.m. (NBC)
House, 8 p.m. (Fox)
How I Met Your Mother, 8 p.m. (CBS)
Two and a Half Men, 9 p.m. (CBS)

September 22:
The Forgotten, 10 p.m. (ABC)
The Good Wife, 10 p.m. (CBS)
NCIS, 8 p.m. (CBS)
NCIS: Los Angeles, 9 p.m. (CBS)

September 23:
Cougar Town, 9:30 p.m. (ABC)
Criminal Minds, 9 p.m. (CBS)
CSI: New York, 10 p.m. (CBS)
Eastwick, 10 p.m. (ABC)
Gary Unmarried, 8:30 p.m. (CBS)
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, 9 p.m. (NBC)
Mercy, 8 p.m. (NBC)
Modern Family, 9 p.m. (ABC)
The New Adventures of Old Christine, 8 p.m. (CBS)

September 24:
CSI 9 p.m.(CBS)
Flash Forward, 8 p.m. (ABC)
Grey’s Anatomy, 9 p.m. (ABC)
The Mentalist, 10 p.m. (CBS)

September 25:
Dollhouse, 9 p.m. (Fox)
Ghost Whisperer, 8 p.m. (CBS)
Law & Order, 8 p.m. (NBC)
Numb3rs, 10 p.m. (CBS)
Smallville, 9 p.m. (The CW)

September 26:
48 Hours Mystery, 10 p.m. (CBS)
Saturday Night Live, 11:30 p.m. (NBC)

September 27:
60 Minutes, 7 p.m. (CBS)
The Amazing Race, 8 p.m. (CBS)
American Dad, 9:30 p.m. (Fox)
Brothers & Sisters, 10 p.m. (ABC)
Californication, 10 p.m. (Showtime)
The Cleveland Show, 8:30 p.m. (Fox)
Cold Case, 10 p.m. (CBS)
Desperate Housewives, 9 p.m. (ABC)
Dexter, 9 p.m. (Showtime)
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC)
Family Guy, 9 p.m. (Fox)
The Simpsons, 8 p.m. (Fox)

September 28:
Lie to Me, 9 p.m. (Fox)
Trauma, 9 p.m. (NBC)

September 29:
Hell’s Kitchen, 8 p.m. (Fox)
Shark Tank, 8 p.m. (ABC)

September 30:
Hank, 8 p.m. (ABC)
The Middle, 9 p.m. (ABC)

October 1:
Private Practice, 8 p.m. (ABC)

October 2:
Stargate Universe, 9 p.m. (Syfy)
Til Death, 8:30 p.m. (Fox)

October 4:
America’s Funniest Home Videos, 7 p.m. (ABC)
The Next Iron Chef, 9 p.m. (Food)
Three Rivers, 9 p.m. (CBS)

October 5:
Sherri, 7 p.m. (Lifetime)

October 6:
Scare Tactics (Syfy)

October 7:
Secret Girlfriend, 10:30 p.m. (Comedy Central)
South Park, 10 p.m. (Comedy Central)

October 9:
Sanctuary, 10 p.m. (Syfy)
Ugly Betty, 8 p.m. (ABC)
Wizards of Waverly Place, 8 p.m. (Disney)

October 15:
30 Rock, 9:30 p.m. (NBC)

October 16:
Supernanny, 8 p.m. (ABC)

October 23:
Southland, 9 p.m. (NBC)
White Collar, 10 p.m. (USA)

November 2:
I Want to Work for Diddy, TBD (VH1)

November 3:
V, 8 p.m. (ABC)

November 7:
The Wanda Sykes Show, 11 p.m. (Fox)

If you havent already, watch every episode of Futurama, House, Entourage, The Shield and when you're done with that ill suggest some more.

spindoctor said:
a list of season premiere dates for the fall shows... folks, the good stuff is coming back starting next week :hap2:

thanks for the huge list. Something to cheer about this fall

Thanks for the list doc. Pretty much every show I love is coming up this month. This is going to be one hell of a month.

so this promotional image of the next season of house m.d. is causing discussion on the web. the guy gets paid 9 million dollars a year for the show, but would you do this?

house-caduceus_l.jpg

those are real snakes btw..

why do i have to be the one to keep bumping this thread :p

anyway i watched the first season of the mentalist and i thought it was strictly average, timepass stuff just as i had suspected. the main plot of red john was touched in 3 out of 23 episodes in the season, which is just bad writing. other than that, it had it's moments, especially with the humor but otherwise it was quite bland. not really sure how it became so popular...

and has anyone watched the new cw shows that started up this week? the vampire diaries and melrose place... i'm fairly sure they suck, just wanted to know how badly they suck.

Back