English TV series discussion

spindoctor said:
what a fantastic episode of the office today. double episode special shot at the niagara falls baed on jim and pam's wedding. the writers really went all out with the jokes. and the last sequence (no spoilers here) had me laughing my ass off all the way through. and amazing acting by the cast too. probably one of the best episodes of the show ever.

I just logged on TE for this reason. The final part of the episode (still no spoilers) was just awesome. Already watched it twice.

Nice work by writers

Aces170 said:
Actually even I was disappointed initially, it lacks the stargate trademark light hearted humour. And frankly speaking, the first hour was terrible it basically seemed lost rip off in outer space. In addition there was hardly any story development in the 1st 2 hours, it was just a bunch of annoying people who didnt seem to get along. The shaky camera work also doesnt help things. The 3rd episode was yet a little better, more traditional stargate storyline, explore new planet through the gate etc....

it wasn't the best premiere, that's for sure. the whole stereotype mmo nerd solving an ancient equation and getting beamed out of his house onto a ship was insanely stupid. there were plot holes as well, no doubt.

but the criticism i'm reading about the show is pretty crazy as well. for example, someone points out that the daedalus class ship should have easily taken out the ha'tak class destroyer in the attack on the stargate base. someone else pointed out that it's not believable for a ship to be travelling faster than light without hyperspace. what kind of nitpicking is this? is any of the stargate cosmology real that you can raise objections like this? you will believe that stargates exist which can teleport you to any part of the universe but you insist on hyperspace (another purely made up idea) for ftl travel?

personally, i thought the general idea was pretty good. being stranded on an ancient, unmanned ship with an unknown destination is interesting. if the characters don't get along in the beginning, i guess that's a more realistic depiction of how human nature would be in a situation like this. robert carlyle is a pretty good actor so hopefully he can become a strong character as time goes along. the drama could have been toned down for sure... the senator sacrificing himself, the token eye candy daughter and her scene with the mother... too much like a soap.

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia was back , man i didnt even know , just went through the first two episodes , its still pretty awesome

manu1991 said:
Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia was back , man i didnt even know , just went through the first two episodes , its still pretty awesome

Highly recommend the show. :hap2:
It is one of the most unappreciated comic shows I think.

^^that is true. With no other better options to explore, I have started downloading 60's cartoons, namely Yogi Bear, Flintstones and the Jetsons. Also in Q is Samurai Jack.

SharekhaN said:
^^that is true. With no other better options to explore, I have started downloading 60's cartoons, namely Yogi Bear, Flintstones and the Jetsons. Also in Q is Samurai Jack.

i've recommended better options to you... you just choose to ignore them :p

spindoctor said:
what a fantastic episode of the office today. double episode special shot at the niagara falls baed on jim and pam's wedding. the writers really went all out with the jokes. and the last sequence (no spoilers here) had me laughing my ass off all the way through. and amazing acting by the cast too. probably one of the best episodes of the show ever.
Just watched that episode . Definitely the best office episode till now .

i found it pretty boring. yea yea, the lesbian kiss was supposed to be a big deal but man, they have a weak story this season. the carnival story is the only one that seems to have any sort of promise to it.

viralbug said:
This might just make me start watching Heroes again. :p

seriously, it was just a ratings stunt. the show has become somewhat retarded now. in the last episode, you had about 10 minutes devoted to a deaf woman who can 'see' sound. as in, whenever there is a sound around her, she sees colours looking like the aurora borealis. that's it. no reason, no purpose. she just sees colours. then you had hiro who went back in time 47 times to stop some person from photocopying his butt so that said person would not jump off a roof and commit suicide. no, i am not making that up. then nathan petrelli was shot and killed and buried, but of course, since this is heroes, no one ever really dies, so he climbs out of the grave, except this time, he has sylar's body. and he has amnesia. drama!. and finally you have claire who has joined college and is trying to be lead a normal life, but she goes ahead and tells her first friend about her powers. that friend then develops a crush on her, which leads to the much talked about the kiss which was a pure ratings stunt all the way. and guess what, it didn't help the ratings at all.

heroes has fallen so far from grace it's not even funny anymore.

manu1991 said:
^^ but i felt they overdid the eye of the tiger thing otherwise it was pretty decent

yea, it was overdone definitely. but the episode was still good... it's actually one of the only comedies on air that i actually find funny (on network channels).

manu1991 said:
Anybody here seen Bored to Death ? The trailer seems promising , guess ill check out the pilot
just average nothing great., 4 episodes are out and I already feel its getting boring.

all I can say is that it lives up to its name :p it bores you to death :rofl:

Back