English TV series discussion

bored to death seems to lack any sort of direction. it has an interesting idea but they don't seem to be taking it anywhere. still, it has been renewed for another season, which means the people who watched the rest of the episodes seemed to think it was worthy enough to renew.

chiron said:
Like the dialogue in Office Space goes, each new episode of HIMYM is the worst one ever.

yep this week's episode was pathetic imo.

manu1991 said:
then any other good sitcoms worth checking out ?

check out the big bang theory. it's a little nerdy humor but at least it's funny. better off ted is pretty average imo. it's funny sometimes but overall, meh. check out curb your enthusiasm if you haven't already... pretty funny show on air, but you should start from season 1 if you've never watched it.

spindoctor said:
check out the big bang theory. it's a little nerdy humor but at least it's funny. better off ted is pretty average imo. it's funny sometimes but overall, meh. check out curb your enthusiasm if you haven't already... pretty funny show on air, but you should start from season 1 if you've never watched it.
I watch TBBT obv (thats why i replied on the last page) . Besides it i watch HIMYM , Its always Sunny .. , The Office . Two and half men went downhill a long time ago . Checked out Cougar Town , it was a bit boring . I did download the whole first season of CYE last month but didnt like it . dont know why . Same with Entourage .

Will checkout Better with Ted

sorry, didn't realize that you watched tbbt. :bleh:

honestly, it's slim pickings for sitcoms right now. there's a new show called hank you could try out. it stars kelsey grammar (frasier) but it's pretty average too.

if you're looking for comedy, check out castle. it's not a sitcom, but it's a reasonably funny hour long drama. although, there is a lot of speculation that it will get cancelled soon.

Well doesnt matter if the show has ended , it should be a good comedy . I watched Arrested Development just a few months ago and it was definitely one of the best sitcoms ive seen

any british comedies ? on the lines of the it crowd / coupling / the office / peep show

chiron said:
Old sitcom + British = Fawlty Towers ftw.

+1000

John Cleese Pwns all :eek:hyeah:

Currently watching the awesomest show of all time - "Monty Python's Flying Circus". Coincidentally its the 40th aniversary of the show premiere.. I think the pythons are reuniting for one last time on the 15th at New York

stalker said:
Castle seems to going along nicely enough.. why would they wanna cancel it? :(

it's a very strange situation. at this point, castle is more likely to be cancelled than heroes for example. even though the latest episode of castle had 10 million viewers in america as compared to heroes which had 5.6 million.

the problem is demographics... the 18-49 age group is the one that all channels target for maximum impact of advertising. so, while a show may be getting more viewers, their demographic is what really matters, and that's where castle is losing out. of course, it's not all about the numbers... there's obviously politics involved, plus the competition, the impact of a show on the ones that air before and after it, and of course budgets. as it turns out, quality seems to be the last priority :(.

case in point, i feel dollhouse is doing ok this season. not great, but not worse than last season at any rate. and fox just announced that they would be airing all 13 episodes of the season. that sounds like good news right? but the industry gurus are taking that as almost sure shot confirmation that the show is cancelled and will not get a full season order or a renewal for season 3. this is how their damn industry works... too much nonsense for people like us to understand :bleh:

manu1991 said:
Well doesnt matter if the show has ended , it should be a good comedy . I watched Arrested Development just a few months ago and it was definitely one of the best sitcoms ive seen

i think you will like modern family. its got disfunctional people like arrested development.

@ stalker - have already seen it . read my previous post :p

@ stormblast - thanks , looks good .

Currently 'obtaining' fawlty towers .

log 1 = 0 said:
Hows Stargate ?

Have never watched it prequels or anything related to it..

haven't seen the today's episode but otherwise, the show is not too bad. it had some dumb moments in the pilot but on the whole, it's watchable. especially if you are new to stargate... you will be more forgiving of some of the things that seem to piss off stargate fans.

Back