English TV series discussion

Isn't it time that LOST got LOST? :bleh:

Anyone here watches GREEK? probably not the geekiest/thrillingest/<insert any other adjective normally found in this thread>est show around.. light hearted fun.. makes for a good 40 minutes.. and has been doing so for the past 3 seasons now.

really funny reference to this week's big bang theory episode that i found on twitter

37886760.jpg

Just watched 4 back to back eps of Raising the Bar S2 (Ep3 - Ep7) and I am loving it...

The way the argument revolves, the handling of situations.. Script..Relationship hassles amongst the characters..

I hope it doesn't get cancelled :|..

log 1 = 0 said:
Just watched 4 back to back eps of Raising the Bar S2 (Ep3 - Ep7) and I am loving it...

The way the argument revolves, the handling of situations.. Script..Relationship hassles amongst the characters..

I hope it doesn't get cancelled :|..

season 2 episode 7 is hands down the best episode of the series, at least in my opinion. it's so good that i even remember it today, despite having watched it back in july when it first aired.

the show has been renewed for a 3rd season, so it's not going anywhere soon :)

spindoctor said:
season 2 episode 7 is hands down the best episode of the series, at least in my opinion. it's so good that i even remember it today, despite having watched it back in july when it first aired.

the show has been renewed for a 3rd season, so it's not going anywhere soon :)

Definitely, In Ep - 7, the acting of the guy who owes money to the court (Angel) is supreme.. I was amazed..

Although I hate one thing..

Defenders are always shown in better light than Prosecutors. Show should not be biased in this way as Michelle and McGrath are both pretty strong characters.

Especially McGrath (Real Name - J. August Richards ) - I saw one awesome LEGAL DRAMA couple of years back - Conviction and since then been a huge fan of Richards.

Anyways Jerry Kellerman is shown has a HERO in every episode which kinda irks after a while.

And as a silver lining.. Bobbi Gilardi is super hot...:clap:

yea the writing is definitely biased. i guess it's because they have more characters on the defendant side? mcgrath and michelle end up being the pseudo bad guys. mcgrath is a decent actor, but the chick who plays michelle is eye candy only. she really can't act apart from making a pouty face in every other scene.

I was gonna say exactly same thing... If ask to choose the favorite character.. I would go for Ros - PDs Boss.. You should observe when she acts, her dialogue delivery and expression.. Its a waste that she doesn't try cases..

Anyways as mentioned above, I strongly recommend you CONVICTION. Watch the Pilot and see if it clicks with you..

Also you can try JUSTICE, one HIGH ACTION law drama - It kinda seems to go over the top ( Afterall produced by Jerry Bruckheimer ) but you will enjoy it for sure ;)

i might check them out later. i actually have a huge backlog of stuff to watch right now.. lagging 2-3 weeks behind on new shows, and lots of full seasons lying on my hd waiting to be watched as well. no time to indulge myself :bleh:

Gannu said:
Dexter Ep. 4 - :O

WTF? Was that the Trinity killah or Anton who shot them? R.I.P. Sgt. Lundy. :(

Confirmed - Debra's a proper slut! The ice-truck killer, Sgt. Lundy, Anton, Back to Sgt. Lundy - sheesh! :|

Yeah Deb is a real floozy ! daddy issues i guess LOL.

HIMYM , I havent watched this season , dont miss it too.

Flashforward has many gaping holes , just like Heroes. LOST is concluding this season so cant wait for it.

But Flashforward will spiral down very soon , if they want to change something in the future they can change what they are doing right now instead of just following what they saw in future.

I dunno about you, but I think the latest episode was pretty damn good.

Things FINALLY started to make a move,,

Flashforward has the base to make an awesome short, 1-2 season show. If they try to pull it beyond that, a la LOST, its gonna go down.

bombaybaba said:
Flashforward has many gaping holes , just like Heroes. LOST is concluding this season so cant wait for it.

But Flashforward will spiral down very soon , if they want to change something in the future they can change what they are doing right now instead of just following what they saw in future.

stalker said:
I dunno about you, but I think the latest episode was pretty damn good.
Things FINALLY started to make a move,,

Flashforward has the base to make an awesome short, 1-2 season show. If they try to pull it beyond that, a la LOST, its gonna go down.

yes but you guys have to admit its the best new show this season & is miles ahead of whatever else has come. its got a v interesting plot.

I would say the best breakout show of this season is Modern Family.

Comedy central has started the Jeff Dunham show which i am not much fond of.

Cant wait for the Sarah silverman show to come back.

PS - Does anyone watch Real Time with Bill Maher ?

Flash Forward is dragging. The last episode did absolutely nothing in terms of story development. Its still early but I feel the character development is also somewhat weak up till now. I am yet to connect with any of the lead actors of the show. The only character I like so far is that of the black FBI chief. John cho was great in Harold and kumar but he is absolutely wooden in this show. Joseph Fiennes is otherwise a fine actor but has somehow failed to impress me so far. I hope with the introduction of Dominic Monaghan ( The hobbit and Charlie from Lost ) next week, things starts to get moving.

On the other hand, Sons of Anarchy has been awesome so far. The last episode was specially pretty intense. The bait scene was hilarious. The charcter development of this show is really amazing. This show has been pretty underrated imo. Its one of the better shows airing presently.

I watched first 3 eps of Flash Forward as they were released but now will watch after end of the season.. I don't enjoy watching single eps as such..

Back