English TV series discussion

spindoctor said:
modern family is seriously awesome. somehow the description made it sound weak when it first came out, so i didn't bother to check it out. but after hearing so much praise for it around the net, i decided to check it out and i'm glad i did... it's a great show.
Its very hilarious , but they always add the happy family preachy part at the end , unlike Arrested Development .

Guys, has any one of you got the 6th episode of HIMYM 5th season ? I have been checking at lots of places, but it doesn't seem to be uploaded anywhere.

Heroes S04.E07 was uploaded everywhere right on time, but HIMYM wasn't up anywhere. And it still isn't. Any ideas people?

halloween episode of castle was brilliant. especially the return of captain malcolm reynolds, space cowboy! that scene made me smile and also made me a little sad.

sons of anarchy is really starting to pick up the tempo now as the season winds down :eek:hyeah: one of the best shows on tv atm.

log 1 = 0 said:
Did anyone checkout Pilot of WHITE COLLAR ?

just watched this. still on the fence... they're trying to make a stylish drama like hustle with the story kind of reversed but i don't think they're quite there yet. the chemistry between the 2 lead actors was a bit lacking... i thought they were trying a little too hard. still, not a terrible start, so i'll check it out for a while longer.

Athena said:
Try Underworld ....... an action-horror film about the secret history of Vampires and a type of werewolf known as Lycans. There are 3 movies- Underworld, Underworld Evolution, and Underworld rise of the lycans

They are movies and this is a TV series discussion :)

But decent watch for Vampire/werewolf fans. Just dont expect too much :p

This season is definitely better than the last ie pretty much as good as we can hope for. Wonder who will get the hammer next; quinn or spanish detective or someone else?

Heroes is back to its normal boring self btw. It seems that everytime Hiro travels back in time the writing also takes a turn for the worse.

neomustdie said:
anyone watching supernatural..??? the series started with a bang.. but its losing its lustre now.. hope the tempo picks up soon...

regards
neo

this is likely the last season of supernatural. if the show isn't canned, it's possible that one or even both of lead actors might quit, as they have said that it's not fun for them anymore.

today's episode of modern family was just awesome. best new comedy of the year imo.

did anyone else watch the series premiere of V yesterday? seems like it's off to a good start.

and a great episode of sons of anarchy as well. it's seriously one of the best dramas on tv right now. can't wait for next week... huge episode for the season coming up :D

Heroes sucks big time.. 8th episode where hiro goes time travelling... it had me at the end of my limit... seems like i would give it a miss next time onwards... what say..??

regards
neo

How I met your mother has completely lost it. Seriously, this is the worst season ever. No matter how "cool" you are, how can you give tips to your friend about your ex-girlfriend's love spots and then act all affectionate towards her at the same time. This is what happens when you try to copy a great show i.e "Friends".

The sensitivity with which the Ross-Rachel-Joey angle in Frineds was handled was amazing. But I can't say the same for HIMYM in which Barney actually high fives Ted for ***king Robin in different poses.

Another problem I have with HIMYM is with Jason Segel's character. If anyone has watched his "I Love You, Man", they know that he is brilliant versatile actor and they are absolutely wasting him in HIMYM where he is only reduced to say stupid mushy dialogs with lily. It gets so annoying after a while.

The Big Bang Theory on the other hand is still awesome. Granted, that not all episodes are great but they manage to make me laugh nonetheless.

I don't even bother with Heroes now a days. But its like Prison Break, you know its getting worse but you would still watch it anyways because you have invested a lot of time in getting attached to the show. The only reason why I watch Heroes is because I am familiar with the show and its characters and because I once loved it (Season 1). I seriously hope they end it after this season.

Bluffmaster said:
I don't even bother with Heroes now a days. But its like Prison Break, you know its getting worse but you would still watch it anyways because you have invested a lot of time in getting attached to the show. The only reason why I watch Heroes is because I am familiar with the show and its characters and because I once loved it (Season 1). I seriously hope they end it after this season.

Totally agreed.. tbh Heroes has been sucking since after Season 1.
You guys should check out V (2009) if you haven't already. It's seriously good :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(2009_TV_series)

Anyone tried Cougar Town? I got the pilot just because it has Courtney Cox. I thought it was ok. Might consider getting a few more eps.

One Tree Hill is also being ok.. Greek too.. I mean considering where it was, its ok. Over all it's always sucked :p

Basically House, Supernatural, Smallville, and TBBT are the only eps I actually wait to see every week. Numb3rs also is being a big let down lately.

Too bad Supernatural ends this season. House is interesting most of the time but I think they are at an important time in the show. Their next few eps will either make the show (continue its awesomeness/go beyond it) or kill it.
Its a brave move but it needed to be done.
If you're a fan of Superman, Smallville is still continuing with the same shizzle dizzle.. at least Clarke finally made out with Louis :p Erica Durance is hot (L)

Back