(Exclusive) Try Times Of India App

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried out the app for 2-3 min and i see that the city tab has a option to select the user's city . But its hard to choose the city every time .

So i think you should provide the user to select a city from the settings and the app should directly take the user to respective city page on clicking the city tab .

@ Varkey... it's possible there is a bug. Will have to check.

roxysmile said:
I tried out the app for 2-3 min and i see that the city tab has a option to select the user's city . But its hard to choose the city every time .

So i think you should provide the user to select a city from the settings and the app should directly take the user to respective city page on clicking the city tab .

Yes, a very valid point. Will see how we can include it in the app.

^^ Sent. I have provided link to quite a few people. But not all are coming back with feedback... come-on folks, share your experience. Good or bitter... doesn't matter. say something.

hatter said:
^^ Link sent... Price of Blade please
Price of blade is around 10k...... may be its even lesser.....

by the way any chance for app on bada OS also........ for Samsung Wave.....??

^^ aha, makes sense now.

Links sent to all.

To all who are using... Is the App good and stable enough to be pushed in Android market?

hatter said:
^^ aha, makes sense now.

Links sent to all.

To all who are using... Is the App good and stable enough to be pushed in Android market?
Yes,The UI looks good ....

Will it be a free or a paid application,if launched in Android Market ?

OP,

I liked the application, everything looks good especially GUI,the app is easy to use.

The only gripe I have it takes sometime to open and it crashed once on my Desire Z.

I think the startup delay might be due to the fact that it collects data from internet. I am talking about the "times of india" screen with red backround.

vivacious_tg said:
OP,

I liked the application, everything looks good especially GUI,the app is easy to use.

The only gripe I have it takes sometime to open and it crashed once on my Desire Z.

I think the startup delay may be due to the fact that it collects data from internet. I am talking about the "times of india" screen with red backround.

Can anybody else confirm the start-up issue? Will ask devs to see if there is anything fishy going on at start-up

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@m.Khurana No comments for now

@ Devesh38: AFAIK, not anytime soon

What's up with TE... Some of my posts are getting duplicated? (Edit: now it's ok)

^^ The start-up delay is most likely because of information being downloaded from the internet. It is common in most news apps, so I don't think it is an issue.

Ok, so first impressions.

1 - Very clean and easy to use UI.
2 - There was no start up delay, started up in less than 4 secs on wifi.
3 - Runs fast and smooth on the modest hardware of the Blade.
4 - Video section didn't work. When clicked on any video, it returned an error that 'This video cannot be streamed to this device'.

A suggestion

1 - Would be good if it also came with a home screen widget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back