Farcry 4 - Discussion Thread

I was not interested in this game since it's basically FC 3.5 but i saw a preview vid and now i want to play it just for the silly voice-over and in game hindi text.
Anyone remember those sardars in Silent Assassin ? :D This is gonna be just like that.

Far Cry 4 System Requirements Revealed -

Minimum

• Supported OS - Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64bit versions only)
  • Processor - Intel Core i5-750 @ 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2 GHz
  • Memory - 4GB
  • Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD5850 (1GB VRAM)
  • Direct X - Version 11
  • Hard Drive - 30 GB available space
  • Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers

Optimal

• Supported OS - MS Windows 7 SP1, MS Windows 8/8.1 (64bit versions only)
  • Processor - Intel Core i5-2400S @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better
  • Memory - 8GB
  • Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon R9 290X or better (2GB VRAM)
  • Direct X - Version 11
  • Hard Drive - 30 GB available space
  • Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
[DOUBLEPOST=1415344543][/DOUBLEPOST]On another note, some potentially bad news for Steam fans of forthcoming Ubi titles -
http://www.shacknews.com/article/87050/report-ubisoft-fall-lineup-pulled-from-steam

Looks like Ubi is doing an EA and pulling out of Steam. Except that while the Origin digital store fully supports Indian rupees and the client is generally not bad, uPlay is still priced in Euros and the client is pretty meh. Thankfully Ubi titles are locally 1800 bucks and not 3.6k like EA titles. I got Farcry 3 at launch, had a lot of fun with it. Maybe I will pick this up too.

I had kept myself away from the trailers up until now but today I gave in and saw them... I'm bloody impressed and can't wait to play this!! I'm wondering if and where I should pre-order it from!

EA does not want to share any money as its running into losses but didnt expect this from Ubisoft as they are making profits. None the less , i hope the PS4 version looks better on the consoles.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/14/far-cry-4-review

From the above I have listed some points which may leave you ambivalent.
1. Massive copy and pastes from fc 3.
2. Protagonist is not much interesting
3. Overall disappointing story.
4. Pagan Min wasted.
5. Except for few rest of the characters are poor.

Good points

1.Liberating outposts is more challenging
2.Good co-op
3. Huge world with good vistas.
4. Interesting side quests.
5. Diversity.

I think it will get an 8 (+/- 0.5 to 1 depending on the multiplayer)

Ah! Sounds disappointing. Maybe I'll get DA:I
I think you are quite right.
Gamespot says the same story. I am just going to quote them.
When it's good, Far Cry 4 is very, very good.
When it's bad, Far Cry 4 is very bad
The oft-maligned Far Cry 3 story is a classic when compared to Far Cry 4's mess of embarrassing stereotypes, abysmal dialogue, and contradictory themes.
A "destroy the drug fields" mission. It's almost like Far Cry 3 all over again. Oh wait--it totally is that.

& Here is one which I think is really really very bad. Reminds me of the far cry 2 outpost blunder.
Thus, Far Cry 4 is a needy game, reminding you constantly that there's something to do everywhere you go with pop-up messages that invite you to go do something other than what you are currently trying to do. Did you just liberate that camp? Well, you'll be told it's under attack 10 seconds after you leave it, and the game will move your waypoint to it on your behalf. And if you re-liberate the camp, it'll be under attack again 10 seconds after you leave. Don't want to go back? Far Cry 4 informs you of your failure when you don't.
:banghead:
I think people who don't care for story, character development etc may enjoy this game.

Last edited:
Looks like Ubi isn't getting any money from me this year. I will wait for a sale. Btw, any words on how the PC port run? This was ported by a different studio than FC3, might want to wait for a PC specific review.

Thus, Far Cry 4 is a needy game, reminding you constantly that there's something to do everywhere you go with pop-up messages that invite you to go do something other than what you are currently trying to do. Did you just liberate that camp? Well, you'll be told it's under attack 10 seconds after you leave it, and the game will move your waypoint to it on your behalf. And if you re-liberate the camp, it'll be under attack again 10 seconds after you leave. Don't want to go back? Far Cry 4 informs you of your failure when you don't.

Oh noes!! The entire camp take-over and enemies spawning in them only seconds later was the single most annoying thing that made me almost quit playing Far Cry 2... why did they have to do it over again!! :banghead:

Back