Farcry 4 - Discussion Thread

I don't get it if they are still waiting then how they are saying these
its competitive multiplayer stands out as a gamble that paid off -- in that it has many familiar elements from Far Cry 3 transplanted to an amazing new place, but those elements are incredibly empowering and rewarding.

^^Thats wrong (or mistake by them) or that issue has already been sorted out . Go to IGN us the review is complete today. Till yesterday it was not rated.

^^Thats wrong (or mistake by them) or that issue has already been sorted out . Go to IGN us the review is complete today. Till yesterday it was not rated.

I usually visit IGN US as IGN India sometimes takes time to update stories. On the IGN US site here -

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/14/far-cry-4-review

the date of the console version review is mentioned as Nov 14th 2014. AFAIK, I saw the SP review at least 2-3 days ago but I am not 100% sure. When I saw this page earlier, it had only the SP portion reviewed. Now, it covers the MP portion of the game as well which means the article was recently updated.

Plus, if you scroll down to the comments, the very first one is by Mitch Dyer, ie., the guy who reviewed the game and the date of his post is also dated 14th Nov.

Its entirely possible that the IGN India site is yet to update the fact that IGN US has reviewed the MP portion of the game...

Last edited:
Those who are playing this game please keep on updating. I am hearing more people complaining about copy and paste. I want to know is it worth the money.

I know people who bought because it is copy paste. If you want more of Far Cry 3, get it. For most part it plays exactly like FC3, while looking a lot better. If you want a new game, this is not it.

There are some performance issues though. Check out the PC Port Report by TB

Got the game today... installed it which took a pretty darn long time even on a SSD. Was amazingly looking forward to playing it but BAM!... a 3GB update patch via Uplay. Entire evening spent in downloading the said patch. :bored:

It's decent so far as long as you know what you are paying for. It's FC 3.5, a Coop campaign with lesser characters, auto drive and some hindi expletives. 8/10 game so far if FC3 was 9/10.

Nevertheless a lot of fun. Platinum run at 10%.

It's decent so far as long as you know what you are paying for. It's FC 3.5, a Coop campaign with lesser characters, auto drive and some hindi expletives. 8/10 game so far if FC3 was 9/10.

Nevertheless a lot of fun. Platinum run at 10%.
Okay please keep posting. Let me know more about the story (after you have completed it), also about the outpost systems.

@quixand: After completing the 'Prologue' did you continue with the missions or did you instead start the tower hunting to unlock the map further and fast travel?
Tower unlock and side quest to unlock gear.The toughest was unlocking the Bushman (loved this as a mainstay assault rifle in FC3) .I had to survive gruelling rounds in Shanath for an entire day for that gun.A bug that I found is that the Z93 was not showing up in the shop before it was unlocked.Wouldn't have spent a large chunk on the Predator Signature Sniper Rifle if I knew taht I would have the Z93 available

Been playing it for more than 4 hours now and its more engrossing. Freeing outposts is not easy . I have done only 4 and did two of them using elephants,its was amazing. Riding elephant and stomping everyone. Now outposts dont remain free forover,they get recaptured again and then you can also gain mastery in unlocking them. Then there are certain outpost which are hardest to free coz they are fortress. There are many vivid things to do and i remember that in FC3 i did not find all the relics and letters but still played it for 45+ hours. This will be even bigger. Skinning animals has a catch,dont kill them with grenades or lauchers as the skin gets damaged when you skin the animals. I used to kill animals with grenades or launchers as it leads to multiple kills at a time.

Eagles and Rhinos attacked surprisingly. But its fun with the backdrop i.e the Himalayas.

@quixand: After completing the 'Prologue' did you continue with the missions or did you instead start the tower hunting to unlock the map further and fast travel?

@Black_Hawk I started doing some missions but it's kinda boring.

The premise is realistic and quite believable. But the motivation to help out Freedom Fighters is just not there.

In FC3 the Devs really understood that the gamers would love the surrounding and immediately go on hunting. The protagonist had a real reason to be pissed and gradually gets more predatory. As I was playing FC3 I felt the same. Get kills then get better kills IYKWIM.

In FC4 so far the motivation is not strong enough to help out the freedom fighters. I mean the Guy has come back to scatter his mothers ashes and all of a sudden starts believing in their cause?

If I had to write the story I would put some more supernatural elements.

=================================

I am on a bell tower , outpost and animal hunt right now.

The environment is just stunning, not just visuals but there is so much happening at one point of time.

The animals are super aggressive. The NPCs behave in a life like fashion. I didn't see any bugs so far.

The buzzer (gyro copter) is brilliant.

All in all I think it's a better version of FC3 in terms of pure gameplay, the story lacks punch. The villain is non existent so far.

Again this is just 5-6 hrs in.

Back