Farcry 4 - Discussion Thread

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
dp2bmko3bxwnxolo0suo.png

Kotaku

:watching::wacky::woot:

I have not played FarCry 1 and 2 but had the privilege of playing Far Cry 3 on PS3 last year. It is one of the best games that I have played and the best sandbox game. I like GTA series but this was something else, highly addictive.

Ah that cut scene and the music when you flipped the tower switch or shot the last man in the camp.

Far Cry 3 was the one the best games last year for me. The world was huge and beautiful, but it felt a bit empty. Maybe they can improve on that.

:watching::wacky::woot:

I have not played FarCry 1 and 2 but had the privilege of playing Far Cry 3 on PS3 last year. It is one of the best games that I have played and the best sandbox game. I like GTA series but this was something else, highly addictive.

Ah that cut scene and the music when you flipped the tower switch or shot the last man in the camp.

Played FC1 and immediately got hooked up due to the impressive environment and intelligent AI. Try, and you won't be disappointed. Didn't like FC2 though.

Far Cry 3 was the one the best games last year for me. The world was huge and beautiful, but it felt a bit empty. Maybe they can improve on that.
What more would you expect from a Jungle. Adds to the fun when some animal jumps at you suddenly. I completed all the hide collection tasks first. Got biggest bags before going for the regular missions.

Far Cry 3 was a game changer for Far Cry series. I remember being all pumped up for Far Cry 2 and how it's engine boasted these huge set of features. When it finally did release, the game turned out to be a f*ckin' disaster. I didn't expect Ubisoft to bounce right back, but they did, and in style. Far Cry 4's location is what intrigues me. So far, only Uncharted 2 has been able to pull off a stunning detail for Himalaya. Knowing Ubisoft's track record with it's visuals, I'm sure this won't disappoint.

Oh boy this has me all excited and jumpy!! I completely loved Far Cry 3 and eagerly looking forward to this one. This November... Himalayas... oh YES!

As with sequels ... FC1 was the best ... linear singleplayer well done. FC2 tried the open world. But the world was just a bit too real /open. FC3 improved on it, but became a lot repetitive to the end. Hope this installment is a lot more varied.[DOUBLEPOST=1400246055][/DOUBLEPOST]Everthing i wanted to express made into an article :)

8 Things FC4 has to improve on FC3

Last edited:
As with sequels ... FC1 was the best ... linear singleplayer well done. FC2 tried the open world. But the world was just a bit too real /open. FC3 improved on it, but became a lot repetitive to the end. Hope this installment is a lot more varied.[DOUBLEPOST=1400246055][/DOUBLEPOST]Everthing i wanted to express made into an article :)

8 Things FC4 has to improve on FC3
Agree. Still haven't finished FC3. Need to retrieve my ubi account information first.

Honestly I never liked any of its series much. But yes far cry 3 was a good game. However after going through the gameplay shown at E3 surprisingly I became interested in this game.
At first I thought its another uncharted 2 & tomb raider reboot in first person mode but as the gameplay demo progressed it really started getting more interesting (That auto to truck shift was awesome!).

Last edited:
Far cry 3 undoubtedly was the best single player shooter I've had the privilege of playing over the past 5-6 years. Incredible game with a fascinating story line. Never got bored whilst playing.

I'll try to buy this if I can.

FC3 became a wee bit repetitive for me in the end. Hope they keep this one a bit more fresh.
FC3 also bundled a multiplayer. It was meh, they could improve that too here.

I guess this time they brought all things from FC3 and put it on FC4 with cool stuff plus scaling improved way better than FC3 and gameplay looks superfun cause riding on an elephant and spirit tiger which is going to defend?? man that's going to be epic :D

The thing that confuses me is how is that they are gonna achieve a guy who dont have the game joining you. Wht is the tech behind that ?

@note .. for people who dont know it .. its a ps4 exclusive feature.

Back