FB Marketplace Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to hear your experience! I've bought so many stuff from Ashish before he joined MSI, he's a genuine guy. Negative reviews do pop in the groups now and then, it's not heavily moderated like you're saying. Many of these FB sellers don't have their own shops, they're like middleman to other retailers so many don't even cover transit damage but can't really blame them when even some big retailers like MD and others don't provide transit insurance either. I like theitdepot, nakodaithub more than them just for that reason.

Also can you share your exact RAM module, it's possible that it's not supported by the motherboard. I have seen it in some FB posts where this has happened. If you had already checked for compatibility then forget it.

Sad to hear so many dissatisfied customers on FB but good for me as I don't use FB at all and comfortable using TE with mostly old trusted members. But again you can't really say anything unless in trouble which I faced while dealing with Arun as he literally sold me the product saying to trust him and used his feedback as a selling point.

Lesson learnt, never go ahead with payment unless you are satisfied specially invoice pics and actual photos of the product
Screenshot_2021-05-30-09-00-04-728_com.whatsapp.jpg

90% of them are kids on fb. I wanted to buy a gpu, so o thought let me explore fb. Iwas told buy whole pc. Seller Rahim Ansari . I thoughthim to be one of the genuine seller (as compared to others)
He toldme i can give card at 38k blah blah . Obviously this quote is over priced by 10 to 15k. View attachment 106199
How come the quote does not indicate individual product prices?

Really? How did you verify the guy is an actual MSI employee? MSI has reps on social media, I know there's one on reddit in /indiangaming, but I highly doubt they'd let one of their employees be an admin for these groups.
The ex-msi representative on Reddit IndianGaming - u/rahulmsi - had mentioned his name in one of the posts.
Sad to hear your experience! I've bought so many stuff from Ashish before he joined MSI, he's a genuine guy.
Ashish was very prompt in replying. I didn't expect him to reply to my queries when Anang doesn't reply in 4-5 days.
Also can you share your exact RAM module, it's possible that it's not supported by the motherboard. I have seen it in some FB posts where this has happened. If you had already checked for compatibility then forget it.
Its BL8G36C16U4BL.M8FE1 8GB but yeah, I have done all the checks and RAM has no issues. It could take higher fclk values but pc doesn't boot when dram was increased.

The ex-msi representative on Reddit IndianGaming - u/rahulmsi - had mentioned his name in one of the posts.

Ashish was very prompt in replying. I didn't expect him to reply to my queries when Anang doesn't reply in 4-5 days.

Its BL8G36C16U4BL.M8FE1 8GB but yeah, I have done all the checks and RAM has no issues. It could take higher fclk values but pc doesn't boot when dram was increased.
i have met Ashish in their andheri office, was helpful for buying my first laptop. Also gave me MSI bag for buying the laptop.

Half the members there are just kids who are resellers. They just dropship, if you ever have a problem with the product you cannot expect any sort of assistance from them.
True, if you see the discussions on these forums one can sense by the language most of the guys are some college going kids with simply josh and rough lingo and Hindi crap.

Sad to hear so many dissatisfied customers on FB but good for me as I don't use FB at all and comfortable using TE with mostly old trusted members. But again you can't really say anything unless in trouble which I faced while dealing with Arun as he literally sold me the product saying to trust him and used his feedback as a selling point.

Lesson learnt, never go ahead with payment unless you are satisfied specially invoice pics and actual photos of the product
I'm quite unsure which Arun you referring to but there's one Arun who is into this biz since a long time now and I bought few ssds from him year ago and also referred him to an outsider friend with noobish knowledge yet Arun guided him building his rig of course from used parts and it ended on a positive note. No loots no issues and the fella was quite happy. He got the best in his budget except for gpu which I did tell him to get or bargain for a better one for few bucks more.
If you can pm me his no. via whatsapp I can verify if both the guys are same or not.

And yeah never rush for the product blindly unless verifying all the authenticity of the bills etc. + online warranties registrations/mails if any.
Do you mind elaborating on this if possible? I ask because I've seen it being reviewed well in other places, and almost ordered from them as well.
Means stuff procured via illegal sourcing like carding etc. Actually no one cares how the stuff was procured as far as you getting the bill box warranty etc. but just if anything goes wrong be ready for the mess..

Unable to verify if both are same as I dealt with him only over whatsapp and forwarded referred him to my friend. If he is the same guy then its will be an unbelievable shock to me!
I went through the thread though but if tough time is making honest and trustworthy people change their minds and greed is what everyone seeks then nobody is spared...
I hope he is not the one as its hard to find good genuine people

In December, with the Mumbai lockdown, I had to get pc parts by ordering online. thankfully all this present day drama wasnt happening of ordering entire pc only then will you get gfx card , processor etc.
Most online shops like prime and others didnt have parts in stock and it was a risk ordering from different shops.
So i went to these FB forums and asked around the verified sellers. After enquiring from 4 to 5 people, I excluded some of them for simply overcharging the hell out on final quote or not being responsive.
I can understand they are doing business but I will overpay reasonably . Thankfully, I found one seller who had lot of good reviews, sounded genuine on whatsapp and addressed all my queries. Also he stuck to 90 % of what I wanted and only offered a different product or two if he didnt have it and asked me if I was ok with it.

All products came well packed with the bill. He had also sent me a pro forma invoice as well before doing the transaction. I never told him about being on TE or a mod.
I assembled and everything worked. Guess we all have different experiences but its a judgement call dealing with individuals with businesses.

Guess we all have different experiences but its a judgement call dealing with individuals with businesses.
Rightfully said. We have our own experiences based on which we offer our reviews.
Few people having a good exp. with a seller will not necessarily guarantee the exp. he will be dealing with buyers down the line.
Thus, with the positives one will recommend him while with negatives, others will suggest to refrain buying from him.
Ultimate call is with the buyer if he wishes to proceed or to hold on!

Last edited:
In December, with the Mumbai lockdown, I had to get pc parts by ordering online. thankfully all this present day drama wasnt happening of ordering entire pc only then will you get gfx card , processor etc.
Most online shops like prime and others didnt have parts in stock and it was a risk ordering from different shops.
So i went to these FB forums and asked around the verified sellers. After enquiring from 4 to 5 people, I excluded some of them for simply overcharging the hell out on final quote or not being responsive.
I can understand they are doing business but I will overpay reasonably . Thankfully, I found one seller who had lot of good reviews, sounded genuine on whatsapp and addressed all my queries. Also he stuck to 90 % of what I wanted and only offered a different product or two if he didnt have it and asked me if I was ok with it.

All products came well packed with the bill. He had also sent me a pro forma invoice as well before doing the transaction. I never told him about being on TE or a mod.
I assembled and everything worked. Guess we all have different experiences but its a judgement call dealing with individuals with businesses.

If you don’t mind could you share the name? Since there are only few good ones left it would be great if we all knew them.

If you don’t mind could you share the name? Since there are only few good ones left it would be great if we all knew them.

pm'd. dont want to say here. anybody wanting to know, can pm me and I'll share. Considering current scenario, things might have changed in case ordering single products. but the person is nice to deal with.

This is what the problem with those FB groups - if you get the resolution for your problem; they end up deleting the posts and all across the groups we only see positive rep for all the sellers (assume influential ones')
Ya, I think the same seller once wasn't taking responsibility for a product which got damaged in shipping. It was long back though but not able to find the post. I wouldn't buy from anyone who doesn't provide transit insurance!

1) If I keep the RAM in 2nd slot, PC boots up but you can't reboot it again.
2) MoBo isn't supporting XMP comfortably. I have a 3600mhz cl16 Crucial Ballistix ram.
1st or 3rd slot - max 3200mhz
2nd or 4th slot - max 2666mhz
3) Both m.2 slots are running at PCIe 3x2 instead of one slot at PCIe 3x4

So after a month or two of dilly-dallying, seller made me talk to a rep from Asrock today. This guy asked me to downgrade to Bios version 4.10 (Latest is 5.0 and MoBo came with 4.80 out of the box) and now all above issues have been solved - ram XMP and SSD at PCIe 3x4.

My query -
1) Should I consider my issues resolved now and forego the demand for replacement? Or still ask for replacement as imo mobo should work normally with all versions.
2) Why is my mobo not able to function properly with latest bios updates which are being provided for my mobo?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back