FB Marketplace Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
For #2, it could be because of a certain (undocumented) hardware revision of your particular board. The issue is familiar enough with the manufacturer to pinpoint the exact bios version you needed for everything to work correctly. These sort of things happen with review samples, but it is not uncommon with final production boards.

For #1, I'd suggest that you ask for refund instead and buy a new motherboard elsewhere. There's no 5000 X/G series support in the 4.10 bios. Maybe the latest bios doesn't have these problems with a 5000 series processor, you'll need to test and see but that's a lot more hassle than what a consumer is expected to endure.

For #1, I'd suggest that you ask for refund instead and buy a new motherboard elsewhere.
Its an offline retailer and I don't think they have 'refund' in their dictionary. I have already bought replacement - b550 aorus pro. I am looking to sell this one as soon as the issues are sorted.

There's no 5000 X/G series support in the 4.10 bios. Maybe the latest bios doesn't have these problems with a 5000 series processor, you'll need to test and see but that's a lot more hassle than what a consumer is expected to endure.
This is an important point. Though I am not planning to upgrade as of now, but future upgradability shouldn't be hindered.

My query -
1) Should I consider my issues resolved now and forego the demand for replacement? Or still ask for replacement as imo mobo should work normally with all versions.
2) Why is my mobo not able to function properly with latest bios updates which are being provided for my mobo?
1) Not required.
2) Its not your mobo but the entire series affected.

b550 aorus pro

That was an excellent choice. It's a new six layer design with an updated memory layout that allows for 4x 32gb sticks at 4000+ MHz. I have the V2 variant that downgrades the VRM but adds in a front panel USB-C connector.

1) Not required.
2) Its not your mobo but the entire series affected.
You mean that all B450 Pro4 mobos don't function properly with bios versions newer than 4.10??

I am planning to sell this mobo. So will this be fair to the buyer - to not being able to upgrade the bios version since mobo isn't stable with newer bios?
That was an excellent choice. It's a new six layer design with an updated memory layout that allows for 4x 32gb sticks at 4000+ MHz. I have the V2 variant that downgrades the VRM but adds in a front panel USB-C connector.
I got the V2 too.

Since this was my first pc build I didn't know that budget options are so :mad:
Hence, I went all out with the best option I could get in my budget.

Last edited:
You mean that all B450 Pro4 mobos don't function properly with bios versions newer than 4.10??

I am planning to sell this mobo. So will this be fair to the buyer - to not being able to upgrade the bios version since mobo isn't stable with newer bios?

I got the V2 too.

Since this was my first pc build I didn't know that budget options are so shitty. :mad:
Hence, I went all out with the best option I could get in my budget.
I meant from Asrock! And as for b450, gigabyte was the worse sufferer and then msi. Only Asus stood out of the crowd for mostly error free operations.
So this particular batch could be problematic but yes b450 laid some solid platform which was mostly buggy but hugely rectified by all manufactures in b550 series.

It has nothing to do with vfm as even premium ones from these brands failed somewhere.

You can sell it without worries except mention not to update bios etc.

**People usually feel that upgrading OS/Hardware firmware/Bios and drivers are always good but reality bytes when it backfires. So better to first research and only upgrade if its beneficial and not for some upgrade satisfaction and to compete with your neighbor.

There was someone who said he will share his fb marketplace experience here. I don't know if it was the OP. If no I hope he does too. I've been looking forward to reading it.
Anyway, I want to add some things.
1. Do not fall for the posts like reputed, trusted, vouched etc especially in the zoukart group. The zoukart admins earn commissions from the sales so they hold a lot of power. And like the OP here said, if the seller is one of those authorized by the group admins you can kiss your money goodbye in case of incidents ike this.
2. The members who post positive reps for the said sellers may as well be someone personally related by means of friendship or employees of the said sellers.
3. There is no return/refund policy. Doesn't matter who the seller is. The only intention here is to make the group admins money.
4. In the case of Anang Surve guy who decided to ghost the OP, the fact that he lied or didn't send the proper bill and on time is a big red flag and this feedback is going to stick on him. What a shame really. I thought he was one of the better sellers out there. I guess the opportunity to make money was too tempting.
5. Because the posts in the groups need the approval of the admins, if it's a matter concerning the admin sellers you can be sure that they will never get through.
6. Everything takes place at the conveniences of the sellers.
I've dealt with only Suraj Agarwal, and he has an account here.
I believe you as his prices were higher than what others offered me lol. Also I believe he has a physical store in Kolkata. Clarion Computers something. I haven't talked to him in a long time. Can someone confirm?
Really? How did you verify the guy is an actual MSI employee? MSI has reps on social media, I know there's one on reddit in /indiangaming, but I highly doubt they'd let one of their employees be an admin for these groups.
He is. I've talked to him via the official MSI Gaming FB page. But I doubt that there's a contract which forbids what you said.

Last edited:
Well, it has come to my attention that things have gone bad for this person.
But let me tell you few things from the seller side. I have posted about my refund policy in every groups possible. You can even search it on the fb groups. I'm not gonna seperately keep on spamming my post about my refund policy. As a customer he was supposed to go through everything too as all customer goes to everything before buying.
Secondly I can hand out 100+ cases in my orders of shiprocket the pickup message is delayed by a day. Even the customers would agree to it if I take their name as I've provided them photo of me handing the product to the pickup guys. Once it left I can't help it can't cancel.

Now second a person saying that I sent him faulty ram. Damn that kid was meddling with xmp on his own doing custom profile for oc on his ram. I have proof and I just told him to go to the service centre. It wasn't a case of doa that needed replacement from me rather than customer did spoil his own ram.

Stop being annoying and put out fake story. Once it's left we are done we are not Amazon that takes back parcel and do whatever they want.

Just FYI : I already gave him good price as per my representative he wanted discount I got him that too if he changes mind after the product which left me can't do anything.

Peace out!

Last edited:
Well, it has come to my attention that things have gone bad for this person.
But let me tell you few things from the seller side. I have posted about my refund policy in every groups possible. You can even search it on the fb groups. I'm not gonna seperately keep on spamming my post about my refund policy. As a customer he was supposed to go through everything too as all customer goes to everything before buying.
Maybe you should stay on Facebook :p

As a customer he was supposed to go through everything too as all customer goes to everything before buying.

In an informal setting like FB, you should make your refund policy clear to the customer when you're conversing with them. The only reason why you didn't is because you thought you'd lose out on the sale. You're not an established and well-reputed retailer with a trusted payment processor, you're an individual with a cellphone, bank account and a facebook profile.

Once it left I can't help it can't cancel.

This is a lie. Shiprocket makes it easy to cancel and RTO (return to origin) a shipment at any time after pickup. The truth is that you didn't want to pay RTO charges (which are usually the same or less than the actual courier charges).

that kid was meddling with xmp on his own doing custom profile for oc on his ram

The kid here is you, and this is proof. You can't mess up a motherboard or ram by 'custom oc profiles for ram'. But you lack the technical experience to realize this, making you the kid.

Stop being annoying and put out fake story.

It's clear to see that the only fake thing here is you, pretending to be a reseller that can be trusted.

Once it's left we are done we are not Amazon that takes back parcel and do whatever they want.

And that's why you're struggling to retain customers. No amount of discount would replace peace of mind when making expensive purchases.

I believe you as his prices were higher than what others offered me lol.

I purchased from him back when he was active on the forums, most of this stuff was mining related (RMA'ed PSU's and used GPU's). For items that weren't sealed, he'd make a video showing that it was working before packing the item and sending it. There were even times when GPU's failed furmark so he refunded in full even though he had other GPU's I was interested in. But I haven't dealt with him in over a year, hopefully he hasn't changed.

In fact, this has become common practice with many of the OLX/FB sellers I interact with. They'll also do other tests if you ask them to (check all sata ports are working, turn on xmp, check all fan headers are working) and send videos as proof before accepting payment. But if the product is sealed, then the only way for a resolution is through RMA.

For new sellers, I insist on a photo of their ID, and I give them mine in exchange. This is enough of a hurdle that it'll weed out the disreputable sellers.

Last edited:
Reactions: y2s
Dealing with buyer's remorse is something which a company as big as Amazon has stopped doing, so I wouldn't hold it against a small seller to not cancel an order once it's placed. Having said that, lying about the reason is just as bad. I wouldn't have mind losing a repeat customer, but I would have told the truth that sorry, I can't cancel the order or I can only return the money once the SSD has been sold at my end. I see even big reputed shops these days only order stuff once the customer places the order and they keep no or very little stock themselves. So I wouldn't fault the guy for not being able to cancel the order but yeah, the reasons provided need to be genuine and not fake.
As for the point about sealed stuff and RMA, local shops used to do it for you and that was the only difference. Or if it was a common enough item, they would change it for you on the spot because they knew they would get a replacement easily, but they also had good margins to allow them to spend money/manpower on it. Again, I wouldn't expect a small shop owner selling online at cut-throat rates to be able to give that service.

By the way, doesn't Shiprocket email and intimate the buyer once the 'order is packed and ready to be shipped'? This was my experience last week, even though the pickup happened the next day (2). And was intimated again of the successful pickup by 6pm that day (2) - though it might have happened earlier in the day - and not the next day (3).
In the OP's case if he received tracking only on Day 2 then clearly nothing happened on Day 1 for it to even be cancelled. But yeah, it can be cancelled even after it has shipped, and the buyer also has an option to do so on the website I think but I've not used it. Even if such an option is available it is understandable to first approach to seller. If only the seller was open to it and agreed to the cancellation terms, maybe the OP could've cancelled it from his end.

Lol about the RAM. That RAM is built to be OC'd. Where did the OP say the RAM was faulty, what's this guy even talking about?

Last edited:
So I looked at the so called "deals" on these FB groups from the last few months & cross referenced them with pcpricecompare.in / Keepa and have been unable to find a single deal that that I would call a deal.
Every product had a better price from a reputable/established vendor at the time the deal was marketed in these groups. All one needs to do is put in a little effort to search.

A lot of listings are PM for price & maybe they are offering some good deals privately - Unfortunately though, I suspect they want to deal over PM so they can price gauge customers based on how knowledgeable or desperate they sound.

I'm sure there are some honest and good sellers in the mix but overall it is just not worth the hassle IMO. There is zero transparency or accountability in most groups. The admins & sellers are clearly in cahoots with each other. Reminds me of MLM schemes like Amway but for tech.

As a customer he was supposed to go through everything too as all customer goes to everything before buying.
You certainly won't go far in life with that attitude.
You will get repeat customers, free marketing, goodwill and ultimately long term success based on how well you deal with things when they go wrong. No one remembers an uneventful transaction. Your USP is that your customers believe they are getting a better price - do you think that is sustainable at your relatively low volumes in the long run?

Additionally from a legal standpoint you are wrong. If I see an ad of yours and contact you to close a deal - only the ad and our conversation is pertinent. If you have not mentioned or linked to additional terms & conditions then they can not be enforced and it is definitely not the buyers responsibility to find this hidden information.

Having said that - why don't you provide a proforma invoice to customers with all your terms & conditions before accepting payment? Seems easy enough no?
Once it's left we are done we are not Amazon that takes back parcel and do whatever they want.
No you are not Amazon. But you should aspire to be better or you may end up working for them.

Last edited:
T
So I looked at the so called "deals" on these FB groups from the last few months & cross referenced them with pcpricecompare.in / Keepa and have been unable to find a single deal that that I would call a deal.
Every product had a better price from a reputable/established vendor at the time the deal was marketed in these groups. All one needs to do is put in a little effort to search.

A lot of listings are PM for price & maybe they are offering some good deals privately - Unfortunately though, I suspect they want to deal over PM so they can price gauge customers based on how knowledgeable or desperate they sound.

I'm sure there are some honest and good sellers in the mix but overall it is just not worth the hassle IMO. There is zero transparency or accountability in most groups. The admins & sellers are clearly in cahoots with each other. Reminds me of MLM schemes like Amway but for tech.

You certainly won't go far in life with that attitude.
You will get repeat customers, free marketing, goodwill and ultimately long term success based on how well you deal with things when they go wrong. No one remembers an uneventful transaction. Your USP is that your customers believe they are getting a better price - do you think that is sustainable at your relatively low volumes in the long run?

Additionally from a legal standpoint you are wrong. If I see an ad of yours and contact you to close a deal - only the ad and our conversation is pertinent. If you have not mentioned or linked to additional terms & conditions then they can not be enforced and it is definitely not the buyers responsibility to find this hidden information.

Having said that - why don't you provide a proforma invoice to customers with all your terms & conditions before accepting payment? Seems easy enough no?

No you are not Amazon. But you should aspire to be better or you may end up working for them.
Thank you for pointing out but we dont have performa invoice and we do not cancel thats our policy. He should've thought about everything before placing the order. Once order placed and left my place we do not cancel hell there are sellers who makes invoice and doesnt cancel out the product. Atleast i dont do that. If the product didnt leave me i would have cancelled it and given him his refund but it did and then doing RR on some different forum is not gonna help.
Ask him if he didnt get my office bill and everything its as simple as that my work was done if he changes his mind any point thats his mistake.
Also dont worry of me being working with amazon or something. I can provide enough of stock to the whole market for a year because thats the kind of stocks i keep :)

Calling me a reseller without knowing me is crap. You guys should visit my office once
Also if you are active I've never posted a single product on dm for price i only and only post out with prices.

My biggest gripe with fb marketplace as an individual seller who just wants to offload some stuff is that people do not read the entire post. Inspite of providing many pics, they will ask for more pics and ask if I will ship when I have clearly mentioned it is pickup only and even location is mentioned.

Also people not knowing what is being sold and asking dumb questions. I had kept a router for sale and a person asks me if monthly recharge is needed and when I asked if he read the ad, he says no.

I block many people who really act like this.

By the way, doesn't Shiprocket email and intimate the buyer once the 'order is packed and ready to be shipped'? This was my experience last week, even though the pickup happened the next day (2). And was intimated again of the successful pickup by 6pm that day (2) - though it might have happened earlier in the day - and not the next day (3).
In the OP's case if he received tracking only on Day 2 then clearly nothing happened on Day 1 for it to even be cancelled. But yeah, it can be cancelled even after it has shipped, and the buyer also has an option to do so on the website I think but I've not used it. Even if such an option is available it is understandable to first approach to seller. If only the seller was open to it and agreed to the cancellation terms, maybe the OP could've cancelled it from his end.

Lol about the RAM. That RAM is built to be OC'd. Where did the OP say the RAM was faulty, what's this guy even talking about?
The ram can be overclocked for sure. Ive done that enough with mine but overclocking on low grade mobo is stupid. He was trying to overclock on a a320 not some brilliant board idk what he did it went dead. Once that they take it to the customer i even guided and help that guy for a replacement. I even told him to send me the ram and i will get it replaced for him and send it back to him but the lockdown was on and told him to simply wait. If I didn't provide him support i dont think that makes me a bad seller. Also as you guys are stating that should be made visible about the cancellation policy. Even my profile has the same post pinned my ig page and fb both have them pinned and i think thats some bullshit thing. Let me tell you what a friend seller of mine told me the same guy saw a deal somewhere which had 100rs less than what i quoted so he wanted to cancel it because of it. So please stop that sellers are wrong. Adios im done with this forum. I had to speak my thing i did now whatever you guys want to think you can. My product are gonna sell wether you buy or not if he felt bad im sorry for it. Thank you and bye bye!
Also for the people saying im some reseller with a bank account please do visit classic computer once they are in mumbai. Ill be there to give you a full tour of my office and my warehouse feel free to criticize me qs much as you want. Things were between me and buyer once gone cant do anything and i try to provide as much solution and support i can and I'm glad im doing that for alot of my clients who are glad to by from me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back