FIFA World cup 2010 discussion thread

Go Brazil! But, what a dissapointing perfomance by Chile. They had the potential to challenge Brazil but just went to pieces the moment the first goal was scored.

blr_p said:
Hah, where did you read that ?

Unless you've confused it with the argentina game where their first was an offside.

Agreed

It could have been 2-2 at half-time but it ended up 2-1

2-1 & 2-2 isn't too much difference. England could still easily have played for a draw and gone into extra time. But what explains the extra two goals Germany scored then ?

As much as i hate to admit it, Germany were the better team.

Sorry, My Apologize, I started watching match just after 1 goal and someone told me first goal was offside but it was not.. I saw whole match yesterday again. Even though England got bitten by poor referring, Germany was still dominating them.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

So Today is Spain Vs. Portugal. Must see match. I hope Portugal will win.

Big Update Done:
LAST 16 ALL GOALS UPLOADED
Uruguay vs South Korea
USA vs Ghana
England vs Germany
Argentina vs Mexico
Netherlands vs Slovakia
Brazil vs Chile

Japs & Paraguay

Who will score and enter the QF for the first time ?

Spain & Portugal I think will end up in penalties, will be a boring 2hrs of play.

Spain win, they completely outplayed portugal in midfield after the first goal. Ronaldo was getting absolutely no service, the Portugese midfield seemed non existent especially on the right half, too bad. Spain was the better team in the second half they deserved to win. They way they controlled the posession after scoring was really amazing

malhotraraul said:
Euro Champs !!!!!!!!!!

Final Probable Four

GHANA vs BRAZIL & GERMANY vs SPAIN

Viva La Espana !!!!

Pfft, nah, my final four is

Uruguay vs Brazil & Argentina vs Spain

Suarez + Forlan >>> Gyan + Boateng

S.American final with Argies to win against Brazil.

This is all assuming we do not get any penalties and the games are won within match time.

of course they are cheats , fall over if someone touches them , busquets , puyol , torres ?? and yesterday capevilla? , and so what if they are european champs :p ,anyway onwards and upwards

Did you notice how lenient the argie ref was tho ? He just told anyyone that fell to get up and no free kicks dished out at all :D

I guess this was a good natured line-up as many of the opposing players know each other or even play on the same teams in the leagues.

Best player till now in the World Cup.

Mesut Özil

__zil-1234173806_zoom88_crop_500x375_500x375+0+28.jpg

followed by

Thomas Müller

IN30_TM_136761e.jpg

Back