FIFA World cup 2010 discussion thread

The Argentina vs. Germany match is the only QF match whose result is difficult to predict.
Brazil vs. Netherlands --winner Brazil
Uruguay vs. Ghana --winner Uruguay
Argentina vs. Germany --winner ??
Paraguay vs. Spain --winner Spain

Semis:
Brazil vs. Uruguay --winner Brazil
Spain vs. Argentina/Germany --winner ??

Final:
Brazil vs. Spain/Argentina/Germany --winner ??

So, Brazil has a relatively easy path to the finals and Argentina and Germany have the toughest one. Brazil has a great chance to take their tally to 6 World Cup wins but I want Argentina to win this one.

^^^ you really think that Netherlands will be a cakewalk for Brazil? :lol: I really don't think so.

People are overrating Argentina and underrating the teams like Netherlands. Does anyone even know how Argentina qualified for the WC? Maradona is an idiotic tactically naive coach. Argentina will get knocked out the day they face a tactically competent team. (Germany)

However, it's football. Anything can happen.

Out of the current teams in the Quarter finals, the country which truly deserves to win a World Cup is Netherlands for pioneering Total Football in 1974. That team was legendary. I'm an eternal Brazil fan, but rooting for Netherlands.

@pinarina: I'm not impressed with the Netherlands showing so far in this World Cup. We'll find out what happens tomorrow.

Going by performances so far, Germany has looked the best team to me...but yeah, it depends on what strategy the teams employ and how they execute it on the given day. Argentina would have seen how lethal the Germans have been on the counter-attack and must have some plan to counter that.

^^ Netherlands have been extremely clinical so far on their approach. With the return of Arjen Robben, you never know what you have in store. Ask Man United fans :rofl:

b_naresh said:
The Argentina vs. Germany match is the only QF match whose result is difficult to predict.

Semis:

Final:
Agreed

b_naresh said:
So, Brazil has a relatively easy path to the finals and Argentina and Germany have the toughest one. Brazil has a great chance to take their tally to 6 World Cup wins but I want Argentina to win this one.
And there lies the rub, Brazil have not really been tested so far, for that matter neither have the Netherlands either. Both had a relatively easy path so far. So their QF will be the first real test for either team. I fancy Brazil because they have a good lineup and their play so far has been impressive.

Argentina, you could say the same wrt to testing as well but they have the best lineup of the lot, and that crazy Maradona factor :D

It's a pity France are not here nor are they as good as in 2006. Do you remember the hype Brazil had for that cup and just how well France took them apart.

Germany & Spain had their test in the 2nd round and got better so they look good.

I think the winner of the Argentina vs. Germany game will lift the cup and hope it will be the former.

b_naresh said:

Semis:

Final:

+1 :eek:hyeah:

The winner of the Argentina vs. Germany game will lift the cup.

Vamos Vamos Argentina!! :p

about argentina, maradona has taken all the pressure away from his team and placed it above himself and reworked the media towards his quotes and interviews .... very very good quality in a coach ,
brazil didnot have a cakewalk , they came out through the group of death , plus they have a 6 man defence ,so much different from the other years
netherlands is at the stage in the cup where they usually have problems within the team , and it is coming up between vanpersie and snjider
but it is going to be cracking finale with all the teams remaining except for paraguay :p

kippu said:
brazil didnot have a cakewalk , they came out through the group of death

Really ?

North Korea
Portugal
Ivory Coast

Portugal was the highest ranked team they played and did not need to win to top the group. The rest are ranked 27 and below. Then they played Chile ranked 18 and thrashed them.

I think its fair to say they have not been tested yet until they play Netherlands ranked 4.

Very tight game between Holland & Brazil.

Can Brazil hold on to their lead and go further ?

They seem to be the dominationg side so far.

Brazil do seem dominating, yet I hope the Neds make the equalizer soon.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

And there comes the equalizer... Go Oranje..Go..!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I'm dancing.... ORanjes take the lead at 2-1.. :)

Back