FIFA World cup 2010 discussion thread

dark.lord.rules said:
Its gonna be Argentina for this world cup ... go Argentina go !!

One thing is for sure Netherlands will be in the final.

Euro's have never won a cup outside their continent.

Zomg, Netherlands upset Brazil...just reached home and was shocked to see the result:O
My prediction went wrong:(
Netherlands will almost surely reach the finals and have a great chance to win their first World Cup.

so netherlands will be in the final for sure , they will be beat either of ghana or urguay

2nd s/f f will be cracker either of arg/germ and spain/

i m guessing arg vs spain either one is going to meet netherlands in the final

kippu said:
argentina have it good now if they can clear germany :| but its a strange world cup
Why ?

France knocked Brazil (world cup holders at the time) out at the same stage in the last cup and did it in a much more convincing fashion even tho the score was only 1-0

Hmm, i would not say bad luck brazil lost, they lost because they did not try to win it.

The commentators in the studio were explaining how the Dutch were playing mind games in trying to furstrate them, so they lose their concentration.

Why did Felipe Melo stamp on Robben, that was certainly a sending off offence. Dutch pissed them off and they fell for it. Cannot play one man down and expect to win.

Its going to get more sneaky, dives, fouls, you name it, if the ref did not see it then it did not happen.

Argies are the dirtiest when it comes to this sort of stuff ;)

phuchungbhutia said:
worst result. nethers were pathetic but still managed to win. bad luck brazil.
^^ there was no luck in second half. Netherlands sucked at scoring more goals, but then they managed 1 more than brazil. That is what matters.

Tomorrow's match is going to be a cracker. Go Germany.....

Heh, would like to wish the german team a safe trip back home after tomorrow's match :p

Those kids have a bright future ahead, next world cup maybe.

the dutch were on the attacking mood rather than defend ... the brazillians played easily after they scored the first goal... they thought they gonna win it and played loose... the dutch were trying for the thrid goal even after they scored two.....

Brazil got a spectacular chance in a corner, the ball went thru the goal keepers hands and none was seen behind him and i shud say, tht moment decided brazil's result ! ! !

Brazil's fate was decided when they went one man down. I mean just imagine the way things go, Dunga pulls off Michel Bastos because he looks like he's gonna get sent off for tackling Robben too much, and then Felipe Melo goes and does it !!!

What a roller coaster of a match it has been for him !!
Assists Robinho to score the first, then helps the dutch do the same and finally gets sent off and sinks the boat :huh:

Time's up and still 1-1. Now penalty shooutout will decide the winner.
Suarez (Uruguay) gets the Red Card in the final minute.

Back