File sharing sites blocked by department of telecom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethan_Hunt said:
Was anyone even planning on watching Shitgham, leave alone downloading it? :p

I would have gone to the screen to watch it. But am traveling out. Nothing beats gritty old style hindi action flicks.

asingh said:
I would have gone to the screen to watch it. But am traveling out. Nothing beats gritty old style hindi action flicks.

So now as a mark of protest, you should DL it and watch :p

FaH33m said:
FileSonic, fast and easy file storage. redirects to FileSonic, fast and easy file storage. and gives error page " This site has been blocked as per instructions from Department of Telecom (DOT) ." :O .

Was not happening yesterday . Rapidshare is still working fine.

ISP : 5net Mumbai.

EDIT : now even isoHunt is not working :( Targeting torrents as well :mad:

Yup... Isohunt is down too.

It seems Reliance is the worst affected. Every site that you guys mention, is blocked for me. :mad:

boogeyman said:
Yup... Isohunt is down too.

It seems Reliance is the worst affected. Every site that you guys mention, is blocked for me. :mad:
^ That's because Reliance is the one releasing the movie :D

I might be too much of an optimist, but I feel the ISPs (barring Reliance) have rolled back the ban due to the bad feedback from the users, specially on the social networking sphere which has a multiplier effect. When I protested to Airtel_Presence on twitter yesterday morning, I was told they are looking into the matter and will resolve it soon. Had everybody taken it in their stride, the ISPs would have been only too glad to continue with this ban even after the movie in the guise of this court order and thus saving on their bandwidth and upgradation costs. Learning from this, the next time they do anything like this we should be even more strident in our protest.

Also, taking this to the next step we should use the social networking spaces of movie concerned and the people (the stars and other prominent people) involved with the movie telling them that this is not acceptable to us. I am sure it will have a positive effect.

boogeyman said:
It's obvious, as they are the ones who are presenting this film. :p

^ they would make sure sure that the file is deleted :p

no point but people should spoilers on reliance or their movie pages instead :p

rajeshjsl said:
which VPN service are you using ??

yea which vpn

btw guys if u just put rapidshare.com instead of the entire url it works and all blocked sites work like this, one more thing, change ur dns to google dns and flush dns, make sure u change them on the router too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back