File sharing sites blocked by department of telecom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just like FUP. Nothing was officially announced by TRAI, but the operators implemented it on their own. I am about to get a FS account for a year once my MU account expires this August. Hope MTNL is free from this stupidity.

Ethan_Hunt said:
It's just like FUP. Nothing was officially announced by TRAI, but the operators implemented it on their own. I am about to get a FS account for a year once my MU account expires this August. Hope MTNL is free from this stupidity.

Ethan, folks reported here that IDM is working coz u don't have to explicitly open site and initiate download .Can you confirm this from your end??.

Things working fine with Tata Indicom Broadband and Hathaway in Pune (always using Google DNS on Hathway, so can't really confirm for Hathway)

My 2 cents:

1. There is no new notification from DoT or anyone from Gov. It is some private ISPs exploiting some generic clause in Terms of Use.

2. Blocking is here to stay. But will go away if people fight for it (real hard). Still some part of regulation will always be there.

3. File sharing is not always piracy, so technically people can fight against it.

4. Pirates will always find workarounds like VPNs.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk Pro

Hope this is temporary and even if it is not we always have torrents to download stuff..I guess we all can form a group and lease a server and split them into seedboxes so that we can download stuff directly to seedboxes and then download from there...

Metalspree said:
Ethan, folks reported here that IDM is working coz u don't have to explicitly open site and initiate download .Can you confirm this from your end??.
I opened up FS manually to log in the account and then queued up the links from another site into IDM. My MU account is always logged in and so I didn't visit it's site, but the downloads were working fine. I'll confirm it again, once I get home.

surya_neo said:
Hope this is temporary and even if it is not we always have torrents to download stuff..I guess we all can form a group and lease a server and split them into seedboxes so that we can download stuff directly to seedboxes and then download from there...

this is perfect solution.

having our own server and own seedbox will bypass all isp bs.

only thing to worry will be trafic costs.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

count me in this group.

I am ready.

surya_neo said:

I can't keen hope on torrent.

Because many ISPs throttling(Airtel) or blocked(Aircel) torrents already.

What about using a vpn from StrongVPN? Is it worth it? I'm wondering if my 1mbps line will be slower than usual?

Anyone care to shed some light on it.

Thanks!

MTNL is also blocking. It depends on which IP pool you are in right now. If you face issue, reboot the router till you get a open line.

Digital Vampire said:
No blocking observed on Airtel Wireline Broadband (BLR) via OpenDNS

Premium accounts of Rapidshare & Fileserve working fine

Rapidshare and Fileserve work fine for me too, its mediafire, megaupload, megavideo, wupload, filesonic, hotfile and a bunch of others are blocked.

zibalingz said:
Rapidshare and Fileserve work fine for me too, its mediafire, megaupload, megavideo, wupload, filesonic, hotfile and a bunch of others are blocked.

I've checked homepages of MediaFire, HotFile, Filesonic, wupload and they all are resolving fine.

Obviously these f**kers cant block private trackers...and those who have seedboxes will not have any trouble downloading from torrents..

zibalingz said:
What about using a vpn from StrongVPN? Is it worth it? I'm wondering if my 1mbps line will be slower than usual?

Anyone care to shed some light on it.

Thanks!

Try this, I've used in the past and is very good http://www. freevpn.co/

surya_neo said:
Obviously these f**kers cant block private trackers...and those who have seedboxes will not have any trouble downloading from torrents..

Almost anything can be selectively blocked. Torrents can easily be blocked even if you are using private trackers. Read about Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) as employed by many ISP's abroad.

There are some crude ways around DPI as well but its a continuous race which needs deep pockets and at the moment the ISP's seems to be winning.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back