File sharing sites blocked by department of telecom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah lets do this.

nice idea.

see guys its win win for those guys.

they done have to get blamed for FUP.

they dont have to invest for near future to enhance their infrastructure and its enough capacity to get more customers and

media guys are also in win win situation.

unless and untill their revenue suffers,they wont budge.

their was one great article how media providers and ISP trying to work together and how isp needs to work to get away from just being dumbpipe.

this is totally workin on that line.

cant seem to find link.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

xtremevicky said:
That would be LOL :D .

Somethings in this Country are just SAD !

dude you should thank that you are in country where till now no one has got notice for stuff.

I doubt we will be able to do much. FUP came and was implemented. Same with this. Telecom lobby is too strong, and consumers do not have so much time to chase these issues. ISP have another weapon to limit/control bandwidth usage. "As per DoT..."

The sad part is, we pay so much for our BB plans, and without notification and/or prior warning we are hit with generic implementation as such. Show the level of transparency and how much vendors actually care for their consumers.

But this could be some "testing" phase, and we might see the end of it soon. :)

changing DNS wont help the cause. use a VPN or ssl connection if the sites support that. rapidshare supports ssl.

asingh said:
I doubt we will be able to do much. FUP came and was implemented. Same with this. Telecom lobby is too strong, and consumers do not have so much time to chase these issues. ISP have another weapon to limit/control bandwidth usage. "As per DoT..."

The sad part is, we pay so much for our BB plans, and without notification and/or prior warning we are hit with generic implementation as such. Show the level of transparency and how much vendors actually care for their consumers.

But this could be some "testing" phase, and we might see the end of it soon. :)

What we can do is form a big lobby or organisation which can fight against FUP and this new crap.

we must unite .

As long as i can cache links and download via IDM i have no issues they blocking as i don't open fileserve at all .

I just renewed my plan with fileserve ( 1 year )

raksrules said:
IF DOT gave this guideline then i am guessing it should have been the Government ISPs

Yea.
But,Government ISPs are not afraid of Government.
Private ISPs are all afraid of DOT.

i suggest a fast unto death approach , ....

now whos the fattest one of our lot?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i suggest a fast unto death approach , ....
now whos the fattest one of our lot?

for me in surat
Mediafire and rapidshare are blocked.

while rest of others are opening.

I am on hathway operated softworld isp.

i can confirm rapidshare , and media fire are not working . mediafire works partially . i havent tried the other sites but this is bullshit..

my isp provider is reliance .

Striker10 said:
Mediafire is blocked on my Airtel connection :( but rs/mu are all fine

yeah its blocked looks they are blocking everything from torrent to fire sharing sites on http. means why we need 4 mbps or 40 gb of fup make it back to 256 as max speed. this is what we called touching real low failtel rocks

premiumseller said:
its only with the airtel,relaince ,tata and other private operators there is nothing blocked by bsnl and mtnl

India starts blocking file storage websites in a move against piracy | ZDNet
As of now there is no official word from the DoT but still private opertaors are using the name of dot that the site has been block it seems that private operators are having there mind set on FUP that is the main reason for now

means its just these operators are doing just like that and saying dot has asked them to do it.

The ramifications can be huge.
With the unregulated laws, we can even beat China if such monitoring (God forbid) gains any momentum.
DOT shdnt be behind this as file sharing != Piracy always.
i dont think anybody should be that dumb. Also if govt order had been passed, the govt owned ISP would have been the first to follow suit.

Has to be the good for nothing ISPs. Cant they be sued for using DOT's name like this ??

I just got call from airtel presence about the DTH issue i had.
So i diverted the topic to this blocking and they guy there told me they have NOT BLOCKED anything.
I told him to try and open rapidshare and mediafire and he told he is able to open.
So i suggest all people here to bombard their airtepresence page and twitter account with their email ids with queries as why it is blocked.

Bharti Airtel India (Airtel_Presence) on Twitter

Airtel Presence | Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back