Filthy India Photos, Chinese Netizen Reactions

In Varanasi, only those with money get a decent crematorium. Those who are poor are half burnt and thrown in the river. Kids and infants are also not burnt, they are just put into the river. I went there about 8 years ago, in summer and there were quite a few dead bodies floating around. Its really quite bad. i dont know when we will realise the importance of this river and all other rivers and water bodies in India

We are way over populated as a country that just decreases the values of human life or value of a dead body for tht matter so its nothing surprising.... And a dead body is bio degradeable so I dont think it should be a problem... We will just have a river full of dead bodies

Yes, in some caste in India they think that if a person died due to Snake bite & if the body throw in Ganga than there is possibilities that the person might alive again and in some caste they push body in Ganga (I watch same documentary on TV, don't remember the channel & year)

Then there are also Aghori Sadhu's around there who eat away the bits and pieces of human flesh that was not completely destroyed by the fire during the cremation.

Lord Nemesis said:
Then there are also Aghori Sadhu's around there who eat away the bits and pieces of human flesh that was not completely destroyed by the fire during the cremation.
Not leaving a chance for those snake bitten people..

we can have n number of excuses.. but the point is that we have to accept the fact that we Indians are not even a fu**kng 1% concerned about the environment.. and I can bet you.. be it 2050 we would still as filthy as we are today and world will still call us "under developed" Until and unless the mentality of its citizen is not developed.. no country can be called developed.

I wanted to vent out ever since I came to know that we are worse than Pakistan in terms of corruption.. I mean just see who we are competing with.. and then we say Pakistan is this and that.. I feel Pakistan is better than us.. if there is no corruption in a country then its good.. I feel its all made up by Indian Media..

Lord Nemesis said:
Yeah,
Had seen that documentary on zee news some years back and felt quite disturbed then.

kuld33p said:
we can have n number of excuses.. but the point is that we have to accept the fact that we Indians are not even a fu**kng 1% concerned about the environment.. and I can bet you.. be it 2050 we would still as filthy as we are today and world will still call us "under developed" Until and unless the mentality of its citizen is not developed.. no country can be called developed.
With this definition its easy to say no other country is developed :)

Can you define what "developed" means here ?

kuld33p said:
I wanted to vent out ever since I came to know that we are worse than Pakistan in terms of corruption.. I mean just see who we are competing with.. and then we say Pakistan is this and that.. I feel Pakistan is better than us.. if there is no corruption in a country then its good.. I feel its all made up by Indian Media..
Where did you get that information ?

If you look at the table transparency intl uses for 2010
we score 87 and Pakistan is at 143, China is at 78, lower is better.

Main point is indian people will stay like this till the end of earth. we were filthy to begin with and will stay the same even after other countries started making colonies on other planets in the solar system. we won't change our selfish uncaring and irresponsible attitude towards fellow indians and the country.

look at the streets in a city. people throw garbage outside the overflowing garbage bins. people throw scrap from out of their windows.

look at your colleagues. they smoke and throw ciggies here and there on the road. people spit everywhere. heck no one cares if one piece of paper is thrown on the street since the whole street is filthy to begin with.

nothing can change our mentality. i used to get very angry and felt like punching people who littered in front of me. the so called graduates and engineers, managers etc who get paid in lacs are no better than street urchins when it comes to littering the streets. I'm not generalizing, not everyone does it, but majority do. so the minority who do not litter please don't hate me. :|

Fcuk! how can u just throw the bodies in the river damnit! What a horror to see dead bodies floating in rivers, decomposed and smelly..shittt..

This is really stupid..

As for the chinese ppl, well looking at what those idiots eat , i dont think they have a right to point fingers :p

Sad reality of India and Indians. It is true that India is the most dirtiest country in the world. Even our own people will agree to that. Unless we start changing ourselves, the world will continue mocking our country and there is no escaping that.

BTW, have you seen this : Amazing Pictures, Pollution in China | ChinaHush

This was the first link submitted in comment section.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

6pack said:
Main point is indian people will stay like this till the end of earth. we were filthy to begin with and will stay the same even after other countries started making colonies on other planets in the solar system. we won't change our selfish uncaring and irresponsible attitude towards fellow indians and the country.

look at the streets in a city. people throw garbage outside the overflowing garbage bins. people throw scrap from out of their windows.

look at your colleagues. they smoke and throw ciggies here and there on the road. people spit everywhere. heck no one cares if one piece of paper is thrown on the street since the whole street is filthy to begin with.

nothing can change our mentality. i used to get very angry and felt like punching people who littered in front of me. the so called graduates and engineers, managers etc who get paid in lacs are no better than street urchins when it comes to littering the streets. I'm not generalizing, not everyone does it, but majority do. so the minority who do not litter please don't hate me. :|
Every statement of yours is true. I was in NSS and I must say making poor people understand not to litter is easy. Try inducing the same sense to Middle or Rich guys about not littering and see how these idiots retort back. You will find that most people who litter at tourist spots are affluent people.

Party Monger said:
As for the chinese ppl, well looking at what those idiots eat , i dont think they have a right to point fingers :p
That's a point that was not brought up - how we eat.

Like animals as Pai Mei said :eek:hyeah:

blr_p said:
With this definition its easy to say no other country is developed :)

Can you define what "developed" means here ?
Where did you get that information ?

If you look at the table transparency intl uses for 2010
we score 87 and Pakistan is at 143, China is at 78, lower is better.
OK, then this is more fu**ing then what I think. I saw it on AAJ TAK.. and they kept showing it for at least 30 mins.. I could not believe it even.. thanks for the information.. I was somehow wondering at that time that these guys are not able to interpret it properly.. and I am sure this channel would not have apologized with anyone.. thanks anyways..

I think littering is not that serious problem compared floating corpses in Ganges. floating corpses in rivers is creepy,dirty, unimaginable but true! something should be done about it

After seeing these pictures, I am sure about one thing. I am NOT gonna take a dip in that river no-matter how scared it is considered.

Back