Finally MNP is here...

pepps3484

Disciple
There is an advertisement in almost all news papers that MNP is starting from tomorrow onwards i.e. 25th Nov in Haryana circle :). TOI ad attached.

Emperor said:
so Haryana have lowest mobile user or what :)

what about other States?

I also saw "idea" ad for MNP
The 22 telecom circles in India have been divided into two zones among two technology providers for implementing MNP.

Zone 1, which covers the northern and western regions, is under Syniverse Technologies; while the south and east regions, or Zone 2, are under the purview of MNP Interconnection Telecom Solutions, a joint venture between USA-based Telcordia and Deepak Talwar Consultants.

The first stage of MNP implementation will be carried out by Syniverse Technologies. This stage will be completed by December 20, with trials in Haryana beginning around November 20.

MNP Interconnection Telecom Solutions has operations in Pakistan and the Department of Telecommunications has been contemplating whether to revoke its licence for this reason. Earlier, the Foreign Investment Promotion Board rejected the company’s licence thus adding to the delay in MNP implementation.

where is punjab , in zone 1 or zone 2 ??, when will mnp start here in punjab any idea,

i am desperate to do away with my airtel :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

pepps3484 said:
The 22 telecom circles in India have been divided into two zones among two technology providers for implementing MNP.

Zone 1, which covers the northern and western regions, is under Syniverse Technologies; while the south and east regions, or Zone 2, are under the purview of MNP Interconnection Telecom Solutions, a joint venture between USA-based Telcordia and Deepak Talwar Consultants.

The first stage of MNP implementation will be carried out by Syniverse Technologies. This stage will be completed by December 20, with trials in Haryana beginning around November 20.

MNP Interconnection Telecom Solutions has operations in Pakistan and the Department of Telecommunications has been contemplating whether to revoke its licence for this reason. Earlier, the Foreign Investment Promotion Board rejected the company’s licence thus adding to the delay in MNP implementation.
any source for the above info!!

yes airtel works very good here in punjab , no doubt , but for their stupid plans and policies

and call rates are more than docomo, will shift to tata docomo need cheap local +std calling which airtel will never provide :p

MohitPreet said:
yes airtel works very good here in punjab , no doubt , but for their stupid plans and policies

and call rates are more than docomo, will shift to tata docomo need cheap local +std calling which airtel will never provide :p
i dont know abt plans or rates but just know that been to punjab many times and find airtel network much better than ncr

^ ok , need to get rid of my 400 plus balance in my airtel prepaid till then :p . coz balance is not carried over when u port to the other operator :bleh:

Back