Finally MNP is here...

MohitPreet said:
^ ok , need to get rid of my 400 plus balance in my airtel prepaid till then :p . coz balance is not carried over when u port to the other operator :bleh:

its because some operators like mtnl give extra TT

I am very happy to read this:hap2:

Q. Will there be any disconnection of services in this process?

A. Your number will be functional throughout this process. The switchover will happen between 10 pm to 5 am to ensure your connectivity is not disrupted. However there will be a 2 hour span between 10 pm to 5 am when your services may be disrupted, this exact time would be communicated to you in advance.

what are the charges guys?????

Airtel executive said they will charge Rs.300 but according to TRAI charges should be Rs.19 max.....

One of the steps suggests

SMS that unique port number to your preferred service provider to port your number to that service provider and let me tell you that unique number is valid for few days.

Say one needs to switch from vodafone to airtel then my preferred service provider is airtel and i need to SMS the unique code to airtel now using my existing vodafone number but my main query is how to communicate to my preferred new operator ?SMS to be sent to which airtel number ? :S

Also i guess from what it looks, there is not paper work involved and i need not visit any place for the porting. Asking this because i need to get this thing done on a Mumbai vodafone number while i am in Pune.

agantuk said:
Can some one throw light on what happens to the existing balance in the account? Does it get migrated too?

Your existing balance goes poof in case you're on prepaid. If postpaid, the old provider will give you a hot bill with charges upto today. Pay it and you can transfer to the new operator.

raksrules said:
One of the steps suggests

Say one needs to switch from vodafone to airtel then my preferred service provider is airtel and i need to SMS the unique code to airtel now using my existing vodafone number but my main query is how to communicate to my preferred new operator ?SMS to be sent to which airtel number ? :S

Also i guess from what it looks, there is not paper work involved and i need not visit any place for the porting. Asking this because i need to get this thing done on a Mumbai vodafone number while i am in Pune.
You've to fill a form for buying the new SIM from Airtel and you've to mention that code in the form. The new operator (Airtel in your case) will take care of the rest of the things.

Metalspree said:
Isnt it 19INR ??
Exactly my question. Maybe the charge is for new sim + porting charges.

I messaged 'Port {my number}' to 1900 and I get message that this facility is not available in your circle. Will have to wait for tomorrow.

Finally got the unique code for porting. :hap2:

Will have to go buy reliance gsm tomorrow. Is it necessary to goto webworld or any other retail shop will also have the form?

Where will we get the form to be filled and provided to the new service provider ?? In my case..Airtel gallery ??

Also is it confirmed that the balance will be null and void after the porting, incase of prepaid ??

My wife has a vodafone number and about 350 rupees+ balance. Dont want to loose that. Any way to transfer the balance to another vodafone number ?

Back