Finally MNP is here...

raksrules said:
Where will we get the form to be filled and provided to the new service provider ?? In my case..Airtel gallery ??

Also is it confirmed that the balance will be null and void after the porting, incase of prepaid ??

My wife has a vodafone number and about 350 rupees+ balance. Dont want to loose that. Any way to transfer the balance to another vodafone number ?
Don't know if you get forms at all shops or only at galleries. Though you'll surely lose your balance, that's clearly mentioned in the instructions.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Got one question, now i have a vodafone prepaid connection if i switch to other operator will i have exactly the same no.
Say now my no is 97064xxxxx will it be 97064xxxxx or XXXXXxxxxx

My dad has got a Mumbai Dolphin postpaid connection and because of the pathetic network, especially inside my home, we need to change it to airtel. But i want it to be prepaid. So directly Dolphin postpaid to Airtel prepaid possible or i have to first convert to airtel postpaid and then switch to prepaid ??

Also how about the paying of outstanding bill will happen ? To Mtnl right ?

Its possible from post paid to prepaid.You need to pay the outstanding bill then apply for porting.

Balances and bills will not be forwarded to the new provider.

delguy19 said:
lol when i asked airtel cc that i want to shift from airtel they said we hv no info yet lol
he he why they guide you when you wish to shift from them to OTHERS :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

CA50 said:
Got one question, now i have a vodafone prepaid connection if i switch to other operator will i have exactly the same no.
Say now my no is 97064xxxxx will it be 97064xxxxx or XXXXXxxxxx
Your existing Number will NOT change but only service provider :)

Lol just got call from Docomo representative asking for reason for requesting UPC code. When told about EDGE speeds and non availability of 3G, he's asking me to take Tata Photon to use high speed internet. :mad:

arun687 said:
Lol just got call from Docomo representative asking for reason for requesting UPC code. When told about EDGE speeds and non availability of 3G, he's asking me to take Tata Photon to use high speed internet. :mad:
Tell him to go jump in a well.Looks like providers are giving wrong info to customers who want to port.

arun687 said:

Hey Arun, the data speeds of Docomo aren't good? What about the network? I was actually thinking of switching to Docomo from Vodafone because I'm paying 500 bucks for 500mb here.

Metalspree said:
Tell him to go jump in a well.Looks like providers are giving wrong info to customers who want to port.
He called me twice and tried all tricks in the book to convince me otherwise. I told him that I've high speed broadband at home and just need reliable net on mobile. He says, wait for 15 days, probably we'll launch 3G in Mumbai. When asked about license, he says it's not sure. :p

Then he says, we have Video Darshan (Whatever that is) in 3G and no other operator has this on 3G. Then he goes on to say, it will be inconvenient to go submit the docs to the new operator and will take a LONG time to get settled with the new one, whereas their network is the best and hence please don't go. :rofl:

laemo said:
Hey Arun, the data speeds of Docomo aren't good? What about the network? I was actually thinking of switching to Docomo from Vodafone because I'm paying 500 bucks for 500mb here.
It was good initially mate, but now I wouldn't recommend moving to them for Data. The main reason I'm moving away is Data. In peak hours, its a pain to even open a webpage or just to check email. Network has improved a lot since last few months, but still not on par with others, no network inside buildings in some areas.

arun687 said:
He called me twice and tried all tricks in the book to convince me otherwise. I told him that I've high speed broadband at home and just need reliable net on mobile. He says, wait for 15 days, probably we'll launch 3G in Mumbai. When asked about license, he says it's not sure. :p

Then he says, we have Video Darshan (Whatever that is) in 3G and no other operator has this on 3G. Then he goes on to say, it will be inconvenient to go submit the docs to the new operator and will take a LONG time to get settled with the new one, whereas their network is the best and hence please don't go. :rofl:.
:rofl: :rofl:.Tell him pay my 1 years bill then i will stay :p

arun687 said:

Then he says, we have Video Darshan (Whatever that is) in 3G and no other operator has this on 3G. Then he goes on to say, it will be inconvenient to go submit the docs to the new operator and will take a LONG time to get settled with the new one, whereas their network is the best and hence please don't go. :rofl:

you might have been dealing with their retention department. ask them for special plans, if they want to keep you. up the ente :p

I am also planning to switch to BSNL. So can we migrate to BSNL 3G too via MNP ? Do they have the option?

Following this thread. Will take the plunge next week :D

Metalspree said:
:rofl: :rofl:.Tell him pay my 1 years bill then i will stay :p

Gaurish said:
you might have been dealing with their retention department. ask them for special plans, if they want to keep you. up the ente :p

Yes, I think it was the retention department. Anyway now convinced to move to Reliance GSM, no not worried about the special plans. :p
DarkAngel said:
I am also planning to switch to BSNL. So can we migrate to BSNL 3G too via MNP ? Do they have the option?

Following this thread. Will take the plunge next week :D
Yes surely you can. The procedure is the same for all operators.

Strange issue with with me i sent sms to 1900 and its pending staus in report and no reply. looks Idea is blocking mnp sms as i send and tried many time its pending. is there any other way to do ??

Bah BSNL buffers say MNP not here in Bangalore yet, gonna take 15 more days :mad: stupid buggers. Will try other office tomorrow and try calling some BSNL numbers to see if its implemented yet

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

another issue when tried sending port 1900 from airtel reply was mnp not in ur area. is mnp nt yet in delhi ncr

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

delguy19 said:
Strange issue with with me i sent sms to 1900 and its pending staus in report and no reply. looks Idea is blocking mnp sms as i send and tried many time its pending. is there any other way to do ??
msg reached and got reply got unique code but stange thing idea number getting ported but why airtel said nt in ur area

delguy19 said:
Same was here but I had sent the porting sms on 13th jan just for testing and bingo witihin seconds I got the porting code of expiry till 28th jan just then went to vodafone store and filled the form.

lol just got call from idea that lady tell that "Sir we will refund you all the amount of past three months that had been deducted from your amount due to our mistake and ready to give you which all service which you want.
I said " As Idea is not having these facilities I am not interested in Idea.

1. 99/-rs gprs pack does not have roaming facility.
2. If any service activated no sms before 1 day of its expiry(which make me loss of more than 500rs)
3. No trained cc.
4. Many times failed recharge online which led to no balance in mobile no. and that too money deducted from bank.
5. Numerous times downtime(Once idea was shut down for days here in gujarat)
6. No notification in Auto renewal services which led to many unwanted situations.

she was like "Sirrrr :ashamed: I will get back to you"

Back