Finally MNP is here...

@ varkey - what made you switch to BSNL?

also,

anyone here MNP'd from being a postpaid user on Network X to a prepaid on network Y?

any hassles?

babhishek said:

Vodafone used to give 2 GB data pack for Rs 98 and now they reduced it to 1 GB. And with a 2G data pack you cannot even connect to the 3G network even at reduced speeds. Whereas on BSNL you get 3 GB data pack for Rs 98 and even with a 2G data pack you will get upto 256kbps on 3G network! :D

In the process of changing my sis's connection from Reliance to MTNL, mumbai.
Timeline
7 Sept- SMS sent for port request in the morning.
7 Sept- Recieved SMS having the Unique Porting Code within an hour.
7 Sept- Afternoon, Filled the form at Charkop Exchange, recieved the sim, No charges.:eek:hyeah:
8 Sept- Recieved a call from Charkop Exchange saying i have to pay 110 for sim+Voucher, they forgot about it:mad:
Paid it.
Waiting.. Waiting

babhishek said:

also,

anyone here MNP'd from being a postpaid user on Network X to a prepaid on network Y?

any hassles?
There won't be any issues specific from moving from pre to post or vice versa. To a new operator it is just a number which they need to activate in either their prepaid systems or their postpaid systems.

varkey said:
Vodafone used to give 2 GB data pack for Rs 98 and now they reduced it to 1 GB. And with a 2G data pack you cannot even connect to the 3G network even at reduced speeds. Whereas on BSNL you get 3 GB data pack for Rs 98 and even with a 2G data pack you will get upto 256kbps on 3G network! :D

mmm I might switch to BSNL too :p I'm limited to 15KBps on Tata Docomo 3G networks :(

I'm planning to switch from Airtel to Vodafone this weekend would it be done within 3-4 days ? Vodafone since has superior network availability hence switching over how is Pre-paid GPRS on Vodafone ?

Back