Finally MNP is here...

the caller was in real hurry....before i could ask anything back they said thank you and kept...lol

EDIT: Had sent a request to port my other airtel number...got a call today...same offer, plan validity is 1 year. Seems like new pricing war has begun :D

WTH !!! PORT sms is not getting delivered. I am trying to PORT from vodafone to BSNL.

Is vodafone blocking 1900 number intentionally ??? They cant block.

archish said:
the caller was in real hurry....before i could ask anything back they said thank you and kept...lol

EDIT: Had sent a request to port my other airtel number...got a call today...same offer, plan validity is 1 year. Seems like new pricing war has begun :D
thats nice, i thought they will offer such crazy plans only for 1-3 months validity, time to send one sms :p

Not for CUG Users working in a Co. I tried hard to switch from Airtel to Vodafone but couldn't do it due to Contractual Obligations.

arnov said:
Not for CUG Users working in a Co. I tried hard to switch from Airtel to Vodafone but couldn't do it due to Contractual Obligations.
in the same boat heading the opposite way

you can port, but they are not direct with alternative packages

archish said:
got this offer on airtel prepaid for not porting: 10p/min for A2A and 30p/min for A2M
me too had got the same offer 10 days back , yup guys try that on airtel , just get the portng code from airtel , after that u will get a call for airtel retention deptt and they will offer u this , plus i also got free missed call alerts for a year as well coz i specfically told them i am getting free MCA on docomo , they gave me that as well for 1 year :bleh:

Well submitted docs and requested to port my number from Docomo to Reliance GSM on Saturday. This is my second attempt to try and port into Reliance GSM. I did request to port into Reliance GSM the very first day MNP was launched, but nothing happened till date.

This time though, the sales executive clearly told me that he can't give me any guarantee that when will the number be ported or if everything would go smoothly, as there are cases where old sim deactivated without activation of new sim for several days etc. He said more than half of the cases of port ins to Reliance GSM have failed or have encountered lots of problems. :(

Has anyone successfully ported in to Reliance GSM in Mumbai? If this doesn't go through this time around, I'm thinking of discarding my Docomo number and buy a new Reliance GSM Sim.

There is nothing to much with the one whom ur porting to but issue is from whom ur porting. mostly they denied port request on some any fake reason and for which port denied as no current operator like to see customer going to others

delguy19 said:
There is nothing to much with the one whom ur porting to but issue is from whom ur porting. mostly they denied port request on some any fake reason and for which port denied as no current operator like to see customer going to others
But here I'm not even getting any SMS like 'We have received your port request' or 'Port request rejected', nothing at all, the first time in Jan and also now since I gave docs on Saturday, no updates no nothing. I doubt if they are even registering the port request, because AFAIK you do get SMS once port request is registered.

Had shifted one of my number from Airtel to Docomo. Stupid docomo disconnected the connection after a week time saying I didnt submit the documents....I was like how the hell did i get sim n all without proper documentation? So much for KISS by docomo, they can kiss their a*s

Just sent an email to RGSM nodal officer also to follow up the port in request. Hoping that it works out at least this time.

archish said:
Had shifted one of my number from Airtel to Docomo. Stupid docomo disconnected the connection after a week time saying I didnt submit the documents....I was like how the hell did i get sim n all without proper documentation? So much for KISS by docomo, they can kiss their a*s
This can be solved easily by visiting any of their official galleries and submitting docs. What happens here is, usually the docs go from the retailer to the officials, but sometimes it doesn't happen and there's a week's time for submitting the docs after activating a Sim, hence the number gets deactivated automatically when the docs are not updated in their system. Has happened to me and my friends several times with Loop mobile.

Submitted the necessary docs and details for porting from Vodafone to BSNL at Chromepet CSC, Chennai and within 1 hour got an SMS from Vodafone saying they have received the porting request.

Hello! We have received your Porting Request XXXXXX dated 08Sep11. We will validate your request and will revert on confirmation by 96hrs TAT from the time we received the request from MCH

But my friend who submitted the request at the same time also got a call from Vodafone asking why he is switching and said they will reject the porting request as he has availed some special MNP offer earlier which has a validity of 3 months and only after that 3 months he can port out of Vodafone! :mad: I messaged them on twitter and they said will check and get back to me.

At the time they gave the special offer, they never mentioned any condition like this at all! :mad: Have to wait and see how it goes.

Update

Got a message from Vodafone saying the porting request has been approved. Immediately got another message from BSNL saying the same and also that the number will be ported out today 11 PM! :D

I had mailed the Vodafone Nodal officer as well and got a reply saying there are no issues and number would be ported out soon, not sure whether it helped.

8 September, 1 PM - Submitted porting request at BSNL CSC

8 September, 2:30 PM - Received acknowledgement from Vodafone

12 September, 5 PM - Porting request accepted by Vodafone

12 September, 11:47 PM - Scheduled time for porting

:D

^ that was fast varkey. I mean one of my friend tried to Port from Vodafone to BSNL. And BSNL took almost 24 Days to activate the connection. :S

Ya pretty fast! :)

Exactly at 11.47 PM, Vodafone dropped the number from their system, no outgoing calls. Restarted the phone and it didn't even register to the network. Just now put the BSNL SIM, showing no service.

My friend who submitted the application with me, had got the port out time as 11:29 PM. For him, the BSNL SIM was up and running within half hour ie 12 AM.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Metalspree said:
^^14 september: No incoming or outgoing due to documents not submitted(Reason given by BSNL). MNP is a farce in India.

Lol. Lets hope, that doesn't happen! Anyway till now it has been a pleasant experience and every step going smoothly.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BSNL finally UP! :p Total downtime just 30 min! :D

Back