Finally MNP is here...

FRC 48 was done. 49p/min for all calls. Got 5gb free gprs and Rs.100 free credit instantly. Also got 2000 sms free. Don't know about the free sms validity.

Sent from Spica on Tapatalk. Ignore any typo :)

My UPC code expired on 4th Feb. In spite of filling the form on 20th itself to port from Docomo to Reliance, they failed to even register the request as I didn't get a single SMS or call and their customer care was useless as expected. Rs 48 and 2 hrs of time for filling the form wasted for nothing. I guess I'll hang on to Docomo for a little while.

techie_007 said:
Same situation for Airtel in Bangalore too :p Not all their towers are 3G yet. Have very poor signal over 3G in my office :(
Same here, my office is near Dairy circle and i dont get 3G signal at office :( Only EGDE, speeds arnd 90-100 kbps

Guys except DOCOMO who has the best internet plans, am on airtel, so should i stick to it or change ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sumatrix said:
REL gsm has some good offers .thinking of shifting from Docomo.hope its a smoothe trasition
What are they ? Can you point to any link or anything ?

sumatrix said:
REL gsm has some good offers .thinking of shifting from Docomo.hope its a smoothe trasition
Seems reliance GSM is not serious about doing any work to process the requests that they get. Read my post above (#142) for my experience in attempting the port to Reliance GSM. :p

raksrules said:
Guys except DOCOMO who has the best internet plans, am on airtel, so should i stick to it or change ?
Docomo has very good plans. They may not work the best for you as here in Mumbai they're pretty pathetic overall, bad speeds and below par network. Reliance GSM has 3GB for Rs 99 AFAIK or 1GB for Rs 51 but in my experience they work really well.

^^ Yes reliance speeds are better for me than airtel. DOCOMO i know is bad and hence not opting for that at all.

But what are calling rates in Reliance to other mobiles and also since it will be maharashtra and goa circle number, will Mumbai be considered as roaming ?

paddydevil said:
even if you are happy with your service provider. request a port id. they will call back and give u insane offers.
for airtel they gave me all airtel nos-10p and others 30p flat.+free sms
for vodafone - 1p/2sec v2v and 1.5p/2sec -v2others.and 70rs free talktime to cancel port request.

:bleh: Ehhh Thats Bliss and are you serious.

raksrules said:
^^ Yes reliance speeds are better for me than airtel. DOCOMO i know is bad and hence not opting for that at all.
But what are calling rates in Reliance to other mobiles and also since it will be maharashtra and goa circle number, will Mumbai be considered as roaming ?
They've 3 basic plans that you can opt for. 1p/sec, 50p/min or 1.2 Rs/3 Min. They have very good on net calling plans and SMS plans too. I think most operators don't consider roaming rates for Mumbai and Mah-Goa circles, not sure though.

arun687 said:
They've 3 basic plans that you can opt for. 1p/sec, 50p/min or 1.2 Rs/3 Min. They have very good on net calling plans and SMS plans too. I think most operators don't consider roaming rates for Mumbai and Mah-Goa circles, not sure though.
best part i find in reliance is no incoming roaming and free sms while on roaming rocks

how good is the network of docomo in mumbai?? i am thinking to shift from loop to docomo.....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Today loop customer care called me and offer me Rs.25 talktime and 40 local min. free for not switching!!

I want to switch from my Reliance GSM to any other network which has the best network in Bangalore. Which is it? I use a lot of GPRS and might as well go in for 3G too once the prices drop (My Samsung Wave will like that :p). So tell me which is a decent future-proof network in Bangalore?

Sent a message to 1900 and got a call from Vodafone customer care within one hour asking me why I am shifting to another operator. They offered 4 gb data plan and STD calls at 30ps, both for 3 months.

So even if you are not planning to shift, request the UPC code for the offers.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Hey guys how about to shift to Videocon, as they offers 25 paisa/ 1 minutes & more talk time with every single recharge, like recharge with Rs.70/- get Rs.70/- now & get additional Rs.10/- on every Sunday for 5 sundays & 70 sms free :)

maddy_in65 said:
I had sent message to 1900 and got delievery message but still no Port number received. Is there any issues going from 1900 service.
Which operator? You should call their service center and ask. 1900 is not a central service, each operator has their own setup.

Renegade said:
Which operator? You should call their service center and ask. 1900 is not a central service, each operator has their own setup.
I just received message, now i am changing my number from airtel to docomo.

creative420 said:
Which is the best network in bangalore? Currently i'm on reliance gsm and i find it unreliable rather. So let me know!
Going simply by the data, maximum number of subscribers are moving to Idea in Karnataka. So you can inquire about their services from friends and colleagues who have a connection.

Back