Finally MNP is here...

arun687 said:
^ Still no porting done, no updates as well. Will try and visit Reliance gallery to see what's going on.
What he told you is bullshit. As per the regulation you are supposed to get a notification SMS of tentative porting time. So I don't think they even submitted your request as of now.

Finally my docomo no has been successfully ported to BSNL.
Downtime: around 16Hrs :no:
The bright side i have the 3G working and getting very good download speeds. Time to get a usb modem :eek:hyeah:

Faraz said:
Finally my docomo no has been successfully ported to BSNL.
Downtime: around 16Hrs :no:
The bright side i have the 3G working and getting very good download speeds. Time to get a usb modem :eek:hyeah:
:O This was what i was worried about :(

What was the timing of your downtime. How many days after request was your no. ported.
I was also planning a move from Docomo to BSNL.

DarkAngel said:
:O This was what i was worried about :(

What was the timing of your downtime. How many days after request was your no. ported.
I was also planning a move from Docomo to BSNL.

Downtime was from 7:30PM to 11:30AM (approx)
It took them 7 days for the process.

this indeed is a great option, planning to switch from Vodafone to Airtel because of 3G

i heard all the service providers are willing give huge discounts on existing bills & also cheap monthly rental....

subscribers will now take them for ride :)

Who has the Cheapest Blackberry plan and Talk plan for Postpaid :p

Currently on Vodafone 599 BIS and Talk 299 Hello Plan.

Wish Docomo was for Delhi & NCR :(

I got my BSNL prepaid SIM. BSNL aunty was quite confused on how this works. She asked me to switch to the BSNL sim immediately.

I am currently on Airtel. Should i still use the Airtel sim until i get a sms to switch to BSNL, which i believe will take 6-7 days. Is this right?

swordfish123 said:
I got my BSNL prepaid SIM. BSNL aunty was quite confused on how this works. She asked me to switch to the BSNL sim immediately.

I am currently on Airtel. Should i still use the Airtel sim until i get a sms to switch to BSNL, which i believe will take 6-7 days. Is this right?
Yes use the airtel sim till you receive a sms from them telling you to switch. :)

Since you are from Bangalore can you tell us how and which CSC u did the porting from ?

And how much did u pay in total (sim charges ? how much FRC ?)

You should put the BSNL sim once u get an sms from ur current Airtel Sim that porting is done or something

Supra said:
Since you are from Bangalore can you tell us how and which CSC u did the porting from ?

And how much did u pay in total (sim charges ? how much FRC ?)

You should put the BSNL sim once u get an sms from ur current Airtel Sim that porting is done or something
Got it done from Yelahanka New Town CSC which is closest to my house. I guess all CSCs would do it. The lady there told me that BSNL is giving separate sims for MNP. They had not got the 3g sim yet. So got 2G sim for free of charge. Once i get the sim activated i have to do a FRC and can also apply for a 3G sim.

Vodafone To Aircel. Delhi NCR. 7 Days . Downtime 1Hr. 2230-2330 Hrs. Excellent support provided @ Aircel Store.

But i have a cause for concern, i always recharge online. When i entered the no. on Aircel's site itself, it refused that the no. belonged to Aircel :p Seems to me databases will take much longer to get synchronised. Even the online recharge portals refuse to make recharges for MNP no.s. Finally got the recharge done from the ppl at Aircel store.

even if you are happy with your service provider. request a port id. they will call back and give u insane offers.

for airtel they gave me all airtel nos-10p and others 30p flat.+free sms

for vodafone - 1p/2sec v2v and 1.5p/2sec -v2others.and 70rs free talktime to cancel port request.

Lol successfully ported from Idea to Vodafone but now one more problem, from some provider it says please check the number and still Idea has been not cancelled as I can dial number from both Idea and vodafone. I think not completely ported.

paddydevil said:
even if you are happy with your service provider. request a port id. they will call back and give u insane offers.
for airtel they gave me all airtel nos-10p and others 30p flat.+free sms
for vodafone - 1p/2sec v2v and 1.5p/2sec -v2others.and 70rs free talktime to cancel port request.
LOL.. i had done this with my airtel number. They called me back asking why i wanted to switch. I told them i need to be a crorepati to subscribe their 3G plans :p

If anyone is looking to change to BSNL for 3g in Bangalore, check the signals in your area first. I got mine ported from Airtel to BSNL. I was told that the sim was 2G, but i was registered to UMTS network on my Spica. The signal strength was pretty bad. It was fluctuating from no signal to 50%-60% signal inside my house and work place. Signals outside is pretty decent. After forcing to connect to 2g network( EDGE network) i am getting full signals.

swordfish123 said:
If anyone is looking to change to BSNL for 3g in Bangalore, check the signals in your area first. I got mine ported from Airtel to BSNL. I was told that the sim was 2G, but i was registered to UMTS network on my Spica. The signal strength was pretty bad. It was fluctuating from no signal to 50%-60% signal inside my house and work place. Signals outside is pretty decent. After forcing to connect to 2g network( EDGE network) i am getting full signals.
Same situation for Airtel in Bangalore too :p Not all their towers are 3G yet. Have very poor signal over 3G in my office :(

Back