Finally MNP is here...

@rocker - I have personally tried MTNL 3G services. Their best part - Data is being charged at GPRS rates and I have been using the same 130MB pack for the last 20 days, with more than 70MB still remaining.

That above connection was my secondary number, and I am definitely going to shift my primary number to MTNL as well, solely for their 3G. It is fast, I have never dropped a call, 3G signal is present almost everywhere in Delhi, even in underground sections of the Metro.

phoenix844884 said:
@rocker - I have personally tried MTNL 3G services. Their best part - Data is being charged at GPRS rates and I have been using the same 130MB pack for the last 20 days, with more than 70MB still remaining.
That above connection was my secondary number, and I am definitely going to shift my primary number to MTNL as well, solely for their 3G. It is fast, I have never dropped a call, 3G signal is present almost everywhere in Delhi, even in underground sections of the Metro.

@phoenix : Thanks for ur feedback .. I'll think of changing my secondary no to MTNL and try their network. But as per the feedback of the rest of the ppl in my locality, people say that the network of MTNL is very poor in South Delhi. Also while talking, the voice keeps breaking and eventually they call back using their landline...

No voda offers after MNP ?

How do we know if the porting request is rejected or not?? I've got no messages or calls yet updating me on the status.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

I am sure many people have applied for it, and as per the method detailed in various posts and threads, the number is actually ported after about 7 days. Let a week go by and see if there was any success.

pepps3484 said:
^ I am also looking for a feedback... need to shift to Airtel from Idea (Gurgaon location)
already ported from stupid crappy Idea to Airtel (6 no's in total including all family nos). Idea cc was calling me like 2-3 times a day to retain me..lol

If you're going for Airtel +1, fillup the details on the Airtel website to get some surprises. If you opt for postpaid, the representative will directly visit to your home..no need to go anywhere. lol

but if opting for prepaid, need to visit the Airtel and remember to mention that you rec'd email regarding Airtel surprise.

^ Oh cool. So how long were the numbers down and did you get the SMS informing you the time? Also, when did you request for UPC code from 1900?

neerajvohra said:
already ported from stupid crappy Idea to Airtel (6 no's in total including all family nos). Idea cc was calling me like 2-3 times a day to retain me..lol

If you're going for Airtel +1, fillup the details on the Airtel website to get some surprises. If you opt for postpaid, the representative will directly visit to your home..no need to go anywhere. lol

but if opting for prepaid, need to visit the Airtel and remember to mention that you rec'd email regarding Airtel surprise.
Me too got call from the CC.... I have no issue with Idea except at my current work place n/w coverage is very bad. I was using this no as prepaid for more than 2 years and now switched to Postpaid 2 months back. Now they are saying you can not port out untill 3 months :(

neerajvohra said:

What was the downtime..?

Emperor said:
How they can, as you are not with them using MNP before, so don't care & go ahead :)
He changed his service plan, pre to post. He has to complete 3 months before he can port out.

Guys those who have ported successfully please post about the downtime duration and timing please. Planning to port to BSNL this weekend but i cant afford to have downtime

Start time will always be between 10PM to 5AM. End time is 2 hours from start time provided your SIM/Number doesn't end up in a complication.

arun687 said:
^ Oh cool. So how long were the numbers down and did you get the SMS informing you the time? Also, when did you request for UPC code from 1900?

I was sleeping when the no was down (2.30-4.30am ), :p yes I rec'd 3-4 sms regarding confirmation of porting request, then request under process, downtime etc. I requested code on 20th Jan :p.
asingh said:
What was the downtime..?

^^

After portout when I changed the new SIM, rec'd sms from Airtel that I will get full TT on all recharges of rs50+ for next 1 month, 340local sms and 500mb data for 1 week. It was the surprise gift.

for postpaid nos, you get 100rs adjustment and 200sms/1gb for 1 month :)

^ Great. I've filled the form on 20th, however till today I received no update whatsoever on what's going on. Called up Reliance CC today and they said you won't get any confirmation and the change will happen on the 7th day automatically. Let's see, today is the 7th day.

arun687 said:
^ Great. I've filled the form on 20th, however till today I received no update whatsoever on what's going on. Called up Reliance CC today and they said you won't get any confirmation and the change will happen on the 7th day automatically. Let's see, today is the 7th day.
few of my friends moved to Vodaphone from Airtel within 3 days. One of the dealer told me that Airtel and Reliance are the worst in mnp process.

Back