Finally MNP is here...

Sent a sms to 1900. Got my porting id. Will be moving to BSNL.

As soon as i sent the sms i got a call form airtel asking me what was the issue. I get no GPRS/EDGE connectivity near my house. She told me that this is due to Metro construction:huh:. I told her that there is no metro construction near my house. She blabbered something about how metro construction in Chord road is affecting my signals. I live close to 20kms away from Chord road. The operators should look to improve their service rather than giving such lame excuses. Bye Bye Airtel

quick question: most of the responses here point to moving to bsnl

1. what call rates can we get compared to other providers?

is it cheap in terms of calls - std and isd, roaming , sms?

i am wondering what is driving ppl to BSNL : is it just 3g?

babhishek said:
quick question: most of the responses here point to moving to bsnl

1. what call rates can we get compared to other providers?

is it cheap in terms of calls - std and isd, roaming , sms?
i am wondering what is driving ppl to BSNL : is it just 3g?
Yes with a Rs.47 booster u will get 20p per minute to all local and STD BSNL nos. ( I guess it includes landline nos as well) Plus they also have a general all @ 49p. Any call u make to any mobile/landline/ roaming(incoming/outgoing) is just 49p :)

I am also moving to BSNL. They have good coverage during travel too.

More packs

Rs 11/- Pack gives you 1paisa SMS National and Local

Rs 61/- 30paisa calling local

Rs501/- gives unlimited called on BSNL mobiles,Landlines Pan India.

In 3G there are no good packs for STD.

Go here for more details: BSNL Prepaid Rates

I know it might sound stupid. But here goes.

Does BSNL 3G SIM have any issues working with 2G handsets? :ashamed: (normal calls & GPRS of course :p)

lol Idea people does not want to me switch to vodafone. My porting request was rejected stating that upc code was wrong. I was afraid that operators might do this for not loosing their customers. Idea Real Sh*t bad way to hide.

rahul2003 said:
lol Idea people does not want to me switch to vodafone. My porting request was rejected stating that upc code was wrong. I was afraid that operators might do this for not loosing their customers. Idea Real Sh*t bad way to hide.
Are you sure that UPC code was correct, maybe its an error. Try again?

this how you can check is UPC code is correct or not:

a Unique Porting Code consisting of 8 characters of which the first two

shall be alphabets that denote the service provider code and service area code which have been specified by the Authority in the Annexure A and

Annexure B attached to this Direction (for example: TD for Tata

Teleservices Ltd in Delhi service area) and the remaining 6 characters

shall contain 1 to 9, A-N & P-Z only, and small letters and the alphabet

‘O’ shall not be allowed.

I am going to switch from Docomo to MTNL just because of the offer of Rs10 for Rs91/- talktime, 200mb (3g) data , 100 mins free local call. I have got extra old connection, this way I can use the offer for 3 months and if needed can get back to docomo, with their offer :) MNP is going to cause HUGE hole in MTNL's Pocket :D

All operators are rejecting due to wrong UPC for any UPC that was generated before 5PM on 20th Jan.

Also there is now a new regulation to change the UPC code last 6 digits to numeric only excluding 0, i.e. 1 to 9 only. This will avoid any confusion while entering the request.

Anyway my suggestion is that you all wait for around 2 weeks before porting. Right now there will be too much chaos and confusion as things have just started. Who knows you might end up without a network connection for few days. Let the processes and systems settle down and then go for porting.

^ Fantastic. Just what my worry was. I had generated UPC code at 2 AM on 20th Jan, so its pretty sure mine wouldn't be ported then.

arun687 said:
^ Fantastic. Just what my worry was. I had generated UPC code at 2 AM on 20th Jan, so its pretty sure mine wouldn't be ported then.
Umm.. it will be. All you have to do is generate the UPC again now.

swordfish123 said:
I got the same UPC again. I had initially got it at 10 am on 20th Jan. There expiry date has been changed though. Its 2nd Feb, earlier it was April
Yeah the expiry period is 15 days for all circle except Jammu, North East and Assam where it is 30 days. SO basically the earlier date was wrong by a fat margin and the new date is also wrong, only 14 days. :p

So till 2nd Feb you will get the same UPC.

^
If it is of any consolation to me, then the UPC code that I received has the last 6 digits only numeric and an expiry date of 4th Feb. :p I had tried several times before, even at 11PM on 19th, where I got the message that it's not available in my circle. Only after 12AM did I get the code.

After going through this thread, guess most of the guys are opting for BSNL..
What about the Delhi people ??
Im currently with Airtel, so network at residence ..
Which one should i opt for ?
Any good offers with Voda/MTNL ?

Back