Finally MNP is here...

anyone switch to docomo here? they are asking for charges 19 + 49(sim charges)..... i just wanted to confirm with someone. also i called idea cc they told only rs.19 applicable.

does anyone have any link to a report which depicts the number of users shifted from which all networks..
And after MNP which network is being chosen the most & least in each area..

ashu said:
how good is the network of docomo in mumbai?? i am thinking to shift from loop to docomo.....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Today loop customer care called me and offer me Rs.25 talktime and 40 local min. free for not switching!!
they told me that for Rs 16 you will get 2gb wap for 3 months and call rates @ 30 p/min

Got the porting ID on 29 Jan, submitted application on 5 Feb, got call from new operator's CC on 7 Feb. Since then nothing. Tata Indicom to MTNL. Both parties suck with their CC, but MTNL offers amazing call rates and very good 3G plans. Hoping for the best.

All thanks to varkey, i made a request for porting my airtel number.

I got the code in 1 hour.

After 1 day, airtel gave me a call and asked me the reason.

I said i am joining Videocon. (would never do that in reality)

Airtel has now offered me 1paisa for 6 sec (Airtel to Airtel)

1paisa for 2 sec (Airtel to other mobile/landline)

I am shocked that airtel could actually drop their rates to this extent

^ :) :)

Most of my friends in college are the doing the same after I told them I got free offers from Vodafone.

A friend on Airtel got the following offer - 10ps A2A, 20ps A2M and 50ps STD plus free SMS for 6 months. :)

Man! MTNL sucks! Tata sucks! In fact I am not sure which one between them sucks more.

Applied for MNP on 29 Jan, got porting code on 4th, got call from MTNL CC confirming the port on 8th, got porting confirmation message on 15th.

Your number will be ported on 15th Feb at 2200 HRS. The number is not working anymore alright, but 18 hours hence, the number still has not been ported. Idiot government undertaking. :(

Two days back i had asked porting code on my airtel number and yesterday i got a call from airtel cc asking me why i wanted to shift. I told them that their GPRS plan is expensive and i am moving to docomo. The lady told me to send a message "CPR <phone number>" to 51619 and they will give me 10 days free internet. Today i got message that mobile office has been activated on my number and to confirm i checked internet and balance did not get cut.

In above message CPR stands for Cancel Porting Request.

rocker123 said:
I said i am joining Videocon. (would never do that in reality)
Do we have actually have Videocon in Delhi ?

I am on Vodafone Delhi, what service provider should I tell them is cheaper and reliable to take special offer? :p

Ha! A quick call to MTNL CC netted me instant activation of my new ported number and Rs. 100/- free talktime. Turns out, that is exactly what the wanted, that I should call MTNL hotline as soon as I saw the signal strength bars appear on my phone. That is how MTNL activates all new ported numbers, as a final step. Sheesh!

phoenix844884 said:
Ha! A quick call to MTNL CC netted me instant activation of my new ported number and Rs. 100/- free talktime. Turns out, that is exactly what the wanted, that I should call MTNL hotline as soon as I saw the signal strength bars appear on my phone. That is how MTNL activates all new ported numbers, as a final step. Sheesh!
How much time did it took to connect to MTNL CC?

@^^ Once I saw MTNL signal bars on my phone I called 1500 immediately. Got connected instantly, received Rs. 100/- free balance @ 1p/s rates. Finally my iPhone is being used as its supposed to be (activated 3G as well), and not just as a glorified iPod Touch.

phoenix844884 said:
@^^ Once I saw MTNL signal bars on my phone I called 1500 immediately. Got connected instantly, received Rs. 100/- free balance @ 1p/s rates. Finally my iPhone is being used as its supposed to be (activated 3G as well), and not just as a glorified iPod Touch.
:D I feel you bro!

Reliance 3G gives me that on my IPHONE 3GS , finally......

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

phoenix844884 said:
:D I feel you bro!

Reliance 3G gives me that on my IPHONE 3GS , finally......

phoenix844884 said:
can FaceTime be activated? can you post 3G speedtest screenshot? MTNL Mumbai 3G speeds are capped to 512kbps/0.5mbps.

FaceTime would be a waste as its a 3GS and not iPhone 4 :(

However I will try out MTNL 3G in various parts of the city soon and post the results.

Back