Flipkart… lesson learnt or just damage control

Flipkart refunded an order without even attempting to deliver. I had ordered a Amazfit T rex Pro watch on Flipkart during the sale. It was supposed to be delivered on 6th Oct but received a message that the delivery attempt was unsuccessful and cancelled the order. When I checked with the Flipkart CS I was told that due to 'other reasons' the product could not be delivered and that 'other reason' was never divulged. The CS simply asked me to place another order. I always go with Amazon but after 3 years this was my first purchase with Flipkart and it seems that they have gone worse now with customer care. Hopefully should receive my refund to my credit card.

Flipkart refunded an order without even attempting to deliver. I had ordered a Amazfit T rex Pro watch on Flipkart during the sale. It was supposed to be delivered on 6th Oct but received a message that the delivery attempt was unsuccessful and cancelled the order. When I checked with the Flipkart CS I was told that due to 'other reasons' the product could not be delivered and that 'other reason' was never divulged. The CS simply asked me to place another order. I always go with Amazon but after 3 years this was my first purchase with Flipkart and it seems that they have gone worse now with customer care. Hopefully should receive my refund to my credit card.
This thing happened with me in last Diwali sale but with Amazon. They returned my 10k+ order consisting 10 different products. No reason was given. I lost quite a bit in discounts.

This is like the oversubscribe thing. First come, first served and if they run out of supply then refund.

Things move so quick they have no time to do any inventory control.

This is like the oversubscribe thing. First come, first served and if they run out of supply then refund.

Things move so quick they have no time to do any inventory control.
It is not rocket science. Every seller updates their inventory on the platform with the price. That sellers are allowed to not respect the price reflects poorly on Flipkart's general lack of control on the sellers.

It is not rocket science. Every seller updates their inventory on the platform with the price. That sellers are allowed to not respect the price reflects poorly on Flipkart's general lack of control on the sellers.
Sure, but people are just waiting to snap up deals on these special days. I think their system can't cope with the volume. Needs more investment.

I'm finding Amazon becoming worse. It's full of sellers giving fake description, inflated mrp, all sorts of dirty tricks, and Amazon offering only replacment, no refund which doesn't help.

Fk at least the descriptions are correct
Yes, I've bought some table legs for a desk i had made, the product was a desi knock off of a highly rated Chinese product sold on amazon.com, the seller just copied and pasted from amazon.com. It was supposed to come with levelling feet, of course there was no provision for this. My critical 1 star review with evidence hasn't been posted a month later!

When I checked back the refund status it has been scheduled to Oct 14 to my CC. If flipkart has cancelled the order don't they need to refund it immediately, instead why are they scheduling the refund to a week away?

When I checked back the refund status it has been scheduled to Oct 14 to my CC. If flipkart has cancelled the order don't they need to refund it immediately, instead why are they scheduling the refund to a week away?
May be they are out of funds and they are relying on few personal loans and applied for few...when the loan gets credited and so your refund..

Sure, but people are just waiting to snap up deals on these special days. I think their system can't cope with the volume. Needs more investment.
I think, for advertisments/clicks/visitors they selling very few numbers of prodcut at very low rate and create hype in online market and offline market

I haven't shopped from flipkart in last 5 years or so due to their way of business :/ amazon, no issue till date. don't have idea on future :( even fb group purchases are more reliable :p

How much can we conclude from google trends? Most of the product searches I do are on the Amazon or Flipkart sites. On google, it is just the product name. How often have you typed 'Amazon xyz' or 'Flipkart xyz' in google search bar?

Unless Amazon and Flipkart searches are feeding into the trend, this is useless data.

How often have you typed 'Amazon xyz' or 'Flipkart xyz' in google search bar?
Many, many, many times as google search is much better than amazon search. It will find things that are no longer available too.

I don't know how reliable the data is or whether it can be definitively used to make the statements but I thought it was an interesting find.

Many, many, many times as google search is much better than amazon search. It will find things that are no longer available too.

I don't know how reliable the data is or whether it can be definitively used to make the statements but I thought it was an interesting find.
Fully agreed , many many times i will not find specific Spigen or Nilkin cases on directly searching on Amazon or Flipakrt , whereas Google will find the item link of Amazon anf FK and show it in search.

How much can we conclude from google trends? Most of the product searches I do are on the Amazon or Flipkart sites. On google, it is just the product name. How often have you typed 'Amazon xyz' or 'Flipkart xyz' in google search bar?
Majority of people don't search like that. They enter Amazon, Flipkart in the address bar and click the first link. That's what counted here.

A lot of people enter Google in the address bar. Click Google dot com and search what they want on that website. It's like that.

Flipkart is still ahead but see how the split works between states :oops:
Flipkart must be killing in terms of revenue. People usually buy high value items from Flipkart. Amazon is heaven for cheap, generic, grocery, copy items.

Flipkart must be killing in terms of revenue. People usually buy high value items from Flipkart. Amazon is heaven for cheap, generic, grocery, copy items.
It is not clear which portal makes more in terms of the total value of sales

One could speculate FK gets more lower-end sales whereas amazon seems to get the higher ticket items. In the main metros anyway.

Back