Flipkart… lesson learnt or just damage control

It is not clear which portal makes more in terms of the total value of sales

One could speculate FK gets more lower-end sales whereas amazon seems to get the higher ticket items. In the main metros anyway.
Flipkart claims it's having the biggest revenue every diwali and Amazon never argues.

For sellers it's not easy to sell to cheap, generic, copy items on flipkart like Amazon. For buyers too, the search on flipkart is too organic to find such items. Amazon search is highly inorganic and that helps in this matter.

If they are having the largest revenue why are they forcing people to buy add-ons that are useless?

This is happening for lot of items.

fk.jpg

That is a Moto 5.1 sound bar.

Also forced on some mobiles, ladders, furniture, sound bar, some other items like clothes drying stand. Got fed up of their bs and closed the browser. Saved me my money and peace of mind I guess.

hat is a Moto 5.1 sound bar.

Also forced on some mobiles, ladders, furniture, sound bar, some other items like clothes drying stand. Got fed up of their bs and closed the browser. Saved me my money and peace of mind I guess.
You are using 'Add to cart' button for add-ons. Of course it would want you to select at least one add-on.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Use this 'add to cart' button if you don't want any add-ons.

Last edited:
Flipkart s*cks so bad. I wish phone companies switch to amazon or their own shops entirely.

They accused me of reselling their products and proceeded to ban me without any proof around 4 years ago. I bought like 3 usb cables.

I ordered a phone from them, they delivered it while i was away. They opened the seals and everything so I didn't even get to see it sealed.

Their e-kart also s*cks in general.

Back