Flipkart deals

My current pair of speakers is a pair of circle arko 80 which are effectively microlab solo 5c which I got for 3.5k from this deal thread here . That's the bang for buck standard for me.
I am using the same set for the last many years....

I see you are surely at audiophile level(even though you are humble by denying) based on your technical parameters and educated arguments you are able to present. I am a casual listener in comparison and can't probably realize the issues you point out.
Is there a chance for the issues you faced could be because of a bad factory QA on your device and not widespread across this model as a whole?

No way man, even the guys in this thread itself know way more than me. I'm no audiophile. I just appreciate good quality sound and am very sensitive to bad. I know pretty well what all's wrong with my atp3 but can tolerate it.

Yes, it's very possible this is from a bad batch and i got a lemon. But others online have said the same too. I should have returned it to FK as soon as i didn't like it. Maybe the replacement would have been better. But it took me a few days after getting delivery to even open and set it up lol.

I remember when i was younger, i used to set up my audio in a very V-shape. Bass maybe 7 out of 10 and treble 7 or 8 out of 10. Mid at 5 or 4. Now it's like bass 6-8, treble 4 and mid 5-6.

A simple tube pre amp from aliexpress with treble control is the solution for you specifically for more warmer sound. From what I read from your posts you will go mad if you hear titanium tweeters :D I have the Taga 6.5 bookshelves and use the said pre amp to control treble. High treble doesn't mean the speakers are bad and these are the professionally tuned to be flat? Though it may be possible that your unit may have had issue also sometimes a break in time is required to judge the speakers.

Also, I got them for 4.5k, just the class D amp and pre amp costs more than these for those into DIY.
I haven't used a dsp or pre-amp with them but the EQ of my x-fi 5.1 usb, and of the asus 5z. But the speakers themselves seem to be tuned for extrememly excess treble. like intolerable level bad. Not flat. Other reviews have said so too, so i'm probably not imagining things. Burn-in can mellow treble? Didn't consider that actually. So no Adam / ribbon tweeters for me?

Aliexpress... :-(

You're right about the equipment. Like i said earlier, if i could reign in the treble even with eq, they would even be worth the retail 8k.

My current pair of speakers is a pair of circle arko 80 which are effectively microlab solo 5c which I got for 3.5k from this deal thread here . That's the bang for buck standard for me.

I am using the same set for the last many years....

Wow, i thought circle was some crappy brand like iball, like 100 times worse than edifier etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't used a dsp or pre-amp with them but the EQ of my x-fi 5.1 usb, and of the asus 5z. But the speakers themselves seem to be tuned for extrememly excess treble. like intolerable level bad. Not flat. Other reviews have said so too, so i'm probably not imagining things. Burn-in can mellow treble? Didn't consider that actually.

Aliexpress... :-(

You're right about the equipment. Like i said earlier, if i could reign in the treble even with eq, they would even be worth the retail 8k.

Wow, i thought circle was some crappy brand like iball, like 100 times worse than edifier etc.
Try installing peace apo and apply a parametric eq to compensate for the frequency response. The curves are there in the asr review.

I've packed it away, used the creative EQ and didn't think there was any hope. not really keen on digging it OOB. Will a para eq be all that different from a graphic one?

Significantly if you do it right.
Man. I didn't think there could be a better eq than the usual eq lol. now i gotta dig it out. packed it back to perfection. i really liked the box though. retail box is inside a brown shipping box. and all that inside a flipkart box.

Man. I didn't think there could be a better eq than the usual eq lol. now i gotta dig it out. packed it back to perfection. i really liked the box though. retail box is inside a brown shipping box. and all that inside a flipkart box.
On the other hand, don't get them out just yet. I can't find anyone who has tried to calibrate it and come up with any recommendations on parametric eq settings. Without them it's pointless

On the other hand, don't get them out just yet. I can't find anyone who has tried to calibrate it and come up with any recommendations on parametric eq settings. Without them it's pointless
Aah, ok now i think i remember seeing something about para eq settings for the dt770 some time ago.

Ok, update: gave the 104bt to a friend who said he has an interested party, will try and sell it for me. I hope to not lose too much money on it.

Update 2: he was unable to test via BT because he didn't RTFM about pairing :banghead: but via RCA he said though it's quite clear but not as loud as he expected lol. I listen at low volume and when i had set it up in the hall i would listen in the bedroom where the pc is and i thought it was plenty loud in another room at not even 50% volume. He also didn't test it long enough to ask him about the treble etc.

SAMSUNG 980 500 GB Laptop, Desktop Internal Solid State Drive (MZ-V8V500BW) 5399/5999
Use SBI CC to get 10% Off

I want to get 2gb DDR3 and the Amazon one seems it will take around 2 weeks to be delivered. The flipkart ones seem way to cheap at 550rs plus there seem to be bad reviews though they may be from people who don't know what they're doing. Who knows with Fk.

not allowed
I want to get 2gb DDR3 and the Amazon one seems it will take around 2 weeks to be delivered. The flipkart ones seem way to cheap at 550rs plus there seem to be bad reviews though they may be from people who don't know what they're doing. Who knows with Fk.

If you buy from Flipkart, make sure to buy only from "Flipkart Assured" listing.

Back