Flipkart - Feedback Thread

Any startup is great initially as they have VC money to burn and the customer base is small. It is bound to get worse over time, especially in India due to the mentality of the buyers to cheat the retailer if they can. They have to be very specific about what benefits to provide to whom based on purchase history. Amazon still does it as I have been repeatedly able to return or keep non-returnable items till date. Flipkart seems to be least bothered to set up better analytics and they come up with such blanket policies like open-box or banning pin codes, which is quite anti-consumer.

In the western countries, there are 30-day return policies for almost everything and they don't even bother with the condition of the product at the time of the return because people are generally honest and the return costs are quite small compared to general sales. In India, pilfering and duplicate returns would be a good proportion of the retailer's losses because of which they have to be stricter. I have friends in the developed countries who have been reporting fake non-deliveries and returning items after using them for a month on Amazon since they moved there, so I don't suppose the goodwill will last in those countries either.
Exactly my point with Amazon, not that they are saints but they at least check my purchase history and go from there. Flipkart doesn't care about your purchase history and a lot of that has to do with the seeds sown at the beginning; they don't know how retail works or how retail business works in general. Take my example, My spend on amazon has doubled while spends on Flipkart has almost reduced to zero (from 3-4L yearly to almost zero just cuz they gave me a bad taste ragarding a 14k item). I would buy 4-5 smartphones for relatives and family almost every year, that's all gone now (I am more than happy to pay extra on amazon), I also have axis flipkart credit card with 15000 cashback (that's about 3L spends on that card alone). The card is getting closed too. And to people who say that Amazon has a lot of money, you think Walmart is poor??? It's the biggest retailer in the world followed by Amazon.

They are only good for launching mid range smarphones with 1000-1500 discounts and even that seems fake at this point other than that I wouldn't buy sh*t from them.

Not sure why flipkart keeps lying like this. "Lowest price since launch", I saw it going for less than Rs 5100 just yesterday. Should be illegal.
1000212395.jpg

Back