Flipkart's Big Billion App only sale does $300M Business & Why its still a flop sale

all are just 10% - 20% PROPER discount... excluding the inflated price deals... this is not a sale for people who are well aware of the online communities.... it just for the mass public.. was expecting some nice deals.. :(

Its warning bells for Flipkart, Amazon... Snapdeal is the cheapest online store!

It seems etailers such as Flipkart, Amazon need to pull up their socks. If findings of a survey are to be believed, Snapdeal has become the cheapest online store of mobile phones this year.

According to the study conducted by Pricebaba, a location based product search engine, Snapdeal offered the lowest price on 51 products, of the nearly 100 mobile phones surveyed by the firm. On the other hand, Flipkart and Amazon offered lowest rates on only 23 and 20 products only.

"On the day of creating this report, the Apple iPhone 6 Plus 16GB is cheaper online with a price tag of Rs 50,900 listed on Snapdeal whereas the lowest price for the phone offline is Rs 54,000 in Mumbai. The difference between this is Rs. 3,100 which is a considerable saving," said Ruchika Mahimkar, market associate with Pricebaba.

http://www.businessinsider.in/Its-w...heapest-online-store/articleshow/49289719.cms

------------------------------------------------

Snapdeal, which conducted a sale of electronic goods on October 12, also announced that the sale had exceeded its expectation with an overwhelming response from customers across the country. The company recorded an increase of 17 times in revenue and was set to cross $100 million (about Rs 651 crore) in sales by the end of the day, it said.
http://www.businessinsider.in/Some-...day-for-Amazon-India/articleshow/49351546.cms

----------------------------------------------

Snapdeal has witnessed 350% increase in new users compared to last year. 70,000+ units of large products (sofas, beds, furniture) were shipped in 3 days. The company has sold over Rs. 500 crore worth of smartphones on Monday.

Given that Snapdeal has focused a lot on logistics, the company claims to have shipped over 5 million+ orders so far! 98.9% orders were shipped within 24 hours of order placement.

The app received over 5M downloads, just during the first day of the festive season
http://www.nextbigwhat.com/snapdeal-sales-297/

-----------------------------------------

END OF THE DAY....

TXWZDIq.jpg

Last edited:
^"For" 3 days or "From"?
I won't be surprised if Snapdeal gets the most sales this time/year. Flipkart flopped with the "only app" logic. Their bosses must be scratching their head right now thinking "how are our sales so low with our imb4 ads and marketing and our survey of most sales coming from smartphone apps??". And amazon also didn't perform too well in terms of quantity imo, at least with the genuinely good deals. I was constantly checking the deals on Amazon. And snapdeal seems to have the largest quantity of products on sales. Just some things which i noticed in the last few days. If snapdeal has services like Amazon or atleast on par, then it'll be one of the best things to happen for the customers. But i guess that will take some time.

Flipkart PR team is busy sending out big articles to publications claiming to have sold lakhs of products each day.

I'm confident.. Snapdeal and Amazon have done pretty good business than these guys.

Last edited:
Well even if they send out mass reports and clarifications the fact is it would still be a loss for them even if they fake the numbers to the media. Not sure how that can be good for them haha.
And more genuine deals/competitions=good for the customers so in the end its still a win for us. :D

I ordered the VU 40" today. Seems like a good deal for 20k. Also ordered the Bosch Drill kit Avi had posted earlier. Didn't check out deals from Amazon or Snapdeal much and both of these were bought despite me promising myself that I won't check out any deals during these sales. Thankfully both purchases weren't impulsive as we actually needed both these items at home.

Edit - The SBI offer had come back so cancelled my original order and replaced the order for 18240. Will also be getting a promo code for Airtel HD+ Recorder STB (for 799) which I would have also bought once the TV had been installed.

Last edited:
I ordered the VU 40" today. Seems like a good deal for 20k. Also ordered the Bosch Drill kit Avi had posted earlier. Didn't check out deals from Amazon or Snapdeal much and both of these were bought despite me promising myself that I won't check out any deals during these sales. Thankfully both purchases weren't impulsive as we actually needed both these items at home.
please post a review of the vu 40" i'm tempted to buy it but want a honest review of the same. Grats for the purchase!

i cannot say about flipkart but snapdeal sold 1 lakh approx shipments ysday , maybe more. We deal with them and know it so it has been a success. let me see how figures continue.

Back