Car & Bike Formula 1 2012 Thread

@tifosi - Are you 'alo-tifosi'?

Sad we will not see Michael on the grid anymore but wish him luck for his future endeavors. Nice to see him give way to Vettel like that.

Force India almost did it but sad they were not able to. Wish the Hulk had stayed with them. Hopefully FI will take on Kamui.

Hamilton has been seriously unlucky this year and Mercedes a disaster. Hopefully 2 negatives will negate each other next year.

Button - Hope he finds grip next year.

HRT - I wish Arrows makes a comeback or some team that uses livery similar to the 2002 Arrows.

Wonder if Lotus will continue with Romain? Was good at the start of the season but his habit of crashing led to a ban and after that he seemed too cautious.

Maldonado - This guy has got sponsorship and speed. Romain's benefit had some effect on this guy, he avoided taking out other drivers. I look forward to seeing him next year.

The Hulk - Hope Sauber stays up there because FI has been improving and improving. Sauber 2013's fortune could be very different from Sauber 2012's. Hulk's move might be a mistake.

Alonso - The blank shattered stare after getting out of the car spoke volumes. I generally don't like Alonso but even I felt bad for him. Hopefully this year didn't break his spirits and he comes back next year fighting.

Massa - He continues his current form and takes the fight to Alonso at the start of the season or else it will be another year of Alonso and his puppy.

Vettel - Thanks to him Kimi is still the last Ferrari champion. Keep at it mate till Alonso retires or leaves Ferrari.

Kimi - Hope Lotus gives him a good car and they can be competitive in the development race as well so that he can remain the Last Ferrari Champion at the end of next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me wrong but I saw a fellow called alo-tifosi elsewhere and was wondering if it was you.

Oh hehe, no. I thought you were asking me if I were a sub brand of Ferrari fans who were here only because of Alonso. Should've paid attention to the quotes. I'm not alo-tifosi :D

Oh hehe, no. I thought you were asking me if I were a sub brand of Ferrari fans who were here only because of Alonso. Should've paid attention to the quotes. I'm not alo-tifosi :D

No problem mate and I apologize if you thought otherwise I guess I should have elaborated on my part as well while asking you.

[h=5]F1 2012 Title : Drama hasn't ended yet ! Vettel's onboard video from Brazil 2012 GP shows him overtaking Tororosso under yellow flags !
Ferrari has 8 days to appeal against it. If Ferrari appeals and if post race investigation finds Vettel guilty, he will be handed over post race drive through penalty of 20 secs, which will be added to his final race time and that will take him to 9th position and Alonso will be declared world champion for 2012 ! :([/h]:hail:

You can overtake in a Yellow zone if the guy slows down a lot.

I still have to see the replay so I won't comment on it yet.

It looks like the Torro Rosso pulled over and let him through. Not enough juice there to change anything.

Also, it's more important what flag the track marshal's waving. Those usually override the flashing light. We can't see the marshal's flag in the vid.

^Agreed looks like the TR slowed down to let Vettel by.

I heard that the flags that were being waved earlier was Yellow when Button passed by. By the time Vettel & co reached the section green flag was being waved.

A single yellow indicates danger ahead, such as debris from a crash. Drivers must slow down as they pass; no overtaking is permitted, unless it is unavoidable such as a driver retiring in the section, or a driver is lapped[citation needed].
- Source Wikipedia.

Suppose Vettel did overtake under yellow flag he can argue that the TR slowed down and he thought there was a problem with the car so went around it to avoid collision.

Yeah. In any case, I don't see Ferrari appealing. They would've gone over all of that in HD way before it surfaced on the interwebs. If they thought there was something amiss, there would've already been an appeal.

Back