Car & Bike Formula 1 2012 Thread

^^ Nice one. I never saw any driver talking to his tead director like this on radio but Kimi was also right.
Freq Radio is lot of disturbance to drivers and he may be planning his strategy behind the safety car on how to continue after the safety cars exits.

Luck favors the brave couldn't be more correctly proved than yesterday. Both the times Vettel needed a pitstop he had the safety car on tracks. Really lucky but equally determined.
Yday's race was a total paisa wasool race to watch.

After Schumacher, Kimi is the only driver I have supported. I wish he wins the next race and goes on to win the world title next year. Alonso is a cretinous lout hate that f&*&^er to the core.

Last race at AbuDhabi was geat.
Never seen this kind of fun in several recent races. :(
New Team Lotus was totally nervous cos they did not won any race but Kimi got that experience before.
But,I guess Vattel will win this year too.
He is with good pace and good car.
MSC totally out of luck these days.
Sadly he gonna retire after this season.
End of an era.

@sunny27 - I agree MSC did take time to get upto speed but you must remember that the rules and the cars that he raced in were very different to what they are now. His age is also a factor.

Jacques won the championship in 1997 with slick tyres and then the tyres were changed to grooved tyres. He struggled and many associated that with the change of tyres. There was also a small speculation that he was thinking of making a comeback since slick tyres were back.

This year I can honestly say that MSC was very unlucky and was definitely the better of the 2 Mercedes drivers.

Last Race - Was expecting a Bore-Fest but turned out to be an amazing race. Being a Kimi supporter, Alonso at the end of the race nearly gave me a heartattack. His radio messages had me in splits. Webber was sloppy. Sad to see Vettel still being labeled as lucky if it was Alonso people would be singing praises. Romain really needs to be kicked out (the accident was not entirely his fault but the turn to the left was like a nervous kid learning to drive) and hope Eric now knows whom to focus on next year. Pastor - he may be termed as 'Crashnaldo' but he is really doing a good job and improving. I would like to see him continue to improve.

Looking forward to the next race.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Yeah Age is the main factor for Schumi now. He will always be one of the best drivers.
Recently he has just been a little unlucky also. But glad to see him complete the race in Abu Dhabi.
Even after 3 years He will be miles better than Kartiky.

I felt that Hamilton was purposely called back so that Button could finish on the podium. As it is he will be leaving the team next year so why give him that extra mileage.
There was some issue with his brake temp but thr was a possibility he could have carried till the end but his TD asked him to retire.

Check the podium celebration videos. The reactions of Kimi and Alonso after gulping the rose water soda :) It was funny.

I always wanted MSC to make a comeback because I loathe eyebrow man "Alonso" with a passion ever since the scumbag and his playboy of a manager Flavio Briatore ganged up and took advantage of the rules to defeat MSC! I wish MSC didn't make a comeback because to see him lag behind is painful because it dents his image. He is and will be the greatest F1 driver after Senna. @prabs - Jacques Villneuve was a lucky guy who snagged a world title who made stupid comments and acted smart (off course since he's french) all the time.

I loathe eyebrow man "Alonso" with a passion ever since the scumbag and his playboy of a manager Flavio Briatore ganged up and took advantage of the rules to defeat MSC!

m9b0v.jpg

@sunny27 - I read that Frank Williams used to hire drivers from CART series. Jacques and Juan Pablo Montoya were both in CART before joining F1 and both were undeniably good. I don't recall which year but I remember an Austrian A1 GP race where Jacques was making up places like crazy until the Honda engine just gave away.

If we consider Jacques lucky because he had a dominant car what does that make Mansell (1992), Prost(1993), Schumacher(2004) or Vettel (2011)? Lewis has to be the luckiest person to become a champion.

^Yup - Flavio (the scum) was once alongside Schumi. Just like he organized the Singapore crash to give Alonso an advantage the 1994 Benetton too was illegal. The few reasons that it was not made public was some say FIA could not find the way to activate the driver aids that were present on the car and Flavio had said that they were defunct but needed as it would be difficult to redesign the car in the middle of the season. The other reason stated by some is FIA knew about it but didn't want to make it public as it would bring disrepute to the sport as Aryton Senna had died fighting against a car that had unfair advantage.

Talking about Schumacher's comeback. I am glad he did because before he left F1 in 2006 I didn't like him. I remember the season 2004 if by turn 1 of the race he was first then turning off the TV made more sense then watching the race as the winner was decided. In the last 3 years a few things have changed. His impeccable reputation has been tarnished but he still doesn't blame them. The guys who were Schumacher's fan remain but he has earned a few more in these 3 years.

Oddly enough isn't 'Mercedes' - 'BAR' the same team which Jacques joined after winning his 1997 championship where he earned disrepute?

Alonso - @sunny27, I share your dislike for Alonso. I am sure that Ferrari is not as bad as they claim it is. Massa is no yard stick and we know that in 2009 Kimi was hampered to make Massa look good and the moment Massa had an accident Kimi was back in form. Massa this year has been struggling a lot. Vettel gets close to Alonso and then suddenly Massa finds his form. Massa's contract has been in question for a long time and that still didn't make a difference but now with Vettel close at Fernando's heels Massa is back in form? Too much of a coincidence. I honestly feel Alonso is overrated and Santander know about this (proved in 2007 by a rookie) and hence saw to it that Kimi would not be a part of Ferrari should Fernando joined.

All credit for Vettel winning the championship may go to Newey but I would prefer him winning instead of Fernando. Let Kimi be the last Ferrari champion till Alonso retires.

Norman Howell wrote letters to teams to warn them against using abusive language during interviews.

Wish Montoya was still in F1. Wonder what he would have said about this. He would probably read the letter and say, "Oh deer!"

^ well it was cleared by FIA .... recently telling everything with that front flexible nose is legal and all ... :)

Back