Car & Bike Formula 1 2014 Discussion thread.

@Revolution - You might be able to watch a repeat telecast of skysports feed on Vipbox but beware of the ads last time I accidentally clicked on a popup ad that nearly infected my PC. Stupid useless Avira.

Even post match short summery will do.
P2P is way too late and that's why I'm LF free streaming option(even 360p will work for me).

@Revolution check PM.

It is good to see another Kimi fan. Yup it is sad for us Kimi supporters but Ferrari doesn't seem far off atm but that engine is lacking. I don't how that can be fixed with engines being frozen. This means Ferrari will be nowhere till the engines change again.

If you are a Kimi fan prepare for a horrible weekend.

I am prepared rather used to since 2008.

I think Ferrari brought downgrades for Kimi's car instead of upgrades. Whoever couriered the wrong box should face Ice Man's explicits on Team Radio during the race publicly :p

A not so horrible saturday for Kimi after all :D

As usual a 1-2 lockout for Merc. But a damned impressive performance from Riccardio (although he's dropping 10 spots), Perez and Bottas.

Impressive performance by Perez and Bottas. Late surge by Kimi ensures that I will watch this race with some interest now. Now that we know this season is going to be a one sided affair as far as the titles are concerned my next target for the year is to beat Alonso. Don't understand whats ailing Kimi.

This may well turn out to be one of the worst season of F1 ever, worse than when Schumacher was dominating through guile. Even he did not have a car that was faster by a second to the rest of the field.

PS: I think I need to diversify my interests and Nico is the next best choice among the front runners. Cool head and great personality.[DOUBLEPOST=1396796815][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright then. I am done with Kimi now. All it took was the first lap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite Mercedes's domination at front the race was pretty exciting.

Like I said before be prepared to be disappointed if you are a Kimi fan. The Ferrari engine is the worse engine in the grid. If the engines remain frozen Kimi might as well retire from F1 at the end of this year. Ferrari doesn't make the best aerodynamic package or chassis and now don't even have the power.

@Pseudo Admin - I hope you mean Hulkenberg and not Rosberg because I don't think he is that good. In 2012 in incident free races or mechanical failures Michael did better the points might not reflect that, 2011 the veteran wasn't far off.

I root for Daniel & Bottas. Daniel - He is quick and consistent. Bottas - He is quick, level headed and good in varying conditions.

Good result by Sahara Force India. Too bad Sahara owner in Jail. Atleast the Kingfisher owner had a gala time.

P.S.: Special thanks to Pastor for making the last few laps even more exciting than they were going to be.

Fantastic race. awesome dogfighting all the way up and down.

How surreal was it to see the Williams (who deserved better places but were screwed over by Maldonado) and FI continually overtaking Ferraris and Red Bulls. :D

What were lotus smoking when they decided to hire both grojean and maldonado.... specially maldonado.....
What an idiot he is..... Bloody unfit to drive even an auto rickshaw.....
On the widest track like Bahrain he flips a car .... how insane...
If Riccardo was given a 10sec drive through PLUS a 10place grid penalty for unsafe release then maldonado should be banned from F1 racing.....
Infact that idiot should be banned from even watching F1.
hrrrrrrrr.....
Coming back to the race... for most of the part it was a driver v/s other driver of the same team... loved it.
Though the silver stars were the clear leaders the race was no where boring and was even more interesting after the safety car pipped in.
Vettel gained good positions but Riccardo was outstanding.... I am already a fan of his never die spirit and how he consistently (yet silently) keeps showing his talent.
Vettel has some tough days ahead....
Dont know when the Renault engines / power units will shape up to their full potential.... It might be that by the time they wake up the mercs might have created a huge lead that is very difficult to narrow down or scale to.
For quite some part of the race it was looking as if the merc engines will be dominant in this race too. and they were too.
Good driving from both williams drivers. massa needs no introduction but with the new car finally Bottas can show his potential. Quite a delight to watch I say.

Till sepang I was not even sure that the season has started. At Bahrain it looked like the starters have been served... now lets see what in the main course.... :)

Not an extremely exciting race today (bar the start). Merc are basically untouchable, easy win for Lewis, nice working up the grid from Rosberg, and Alonso putting that Ferrari where it has no real right to be. Vettel outperformed by Riccardio again :). Massa had a demon of a start, but the pitstop screwed him up.

He didnt get track time in the practice sessions. Basically only one session out of the 3. And then he admitted that his driving style is causing problems as he is not able to warm the tyres enough.

@Renegade - Thanks for the info. Story of Kimi's life when he is in a good team he has awful luck. If it wasn't for the squabbling duo at McLaren in his former team I doubt he would be a champion. Hope he does better in Fred's backyard.

such a boring race .... not because it was predictable but there was no action... nothing happening at all....
Mercs have built a great car.... Its amazing to see that noone has come so near to them that it could threaten them....
I am simply impressed by Daniel Riccardo. He has proved himself better than Vettel so far.
Anyways.... Last 4 years the title was with a German driver now it will be with a German team but still in Germany only :)
The season has not yet kicked off for me... dont know what am I missing..... Is it the wild roars of the engine of the action that was there happening in the mid ranks that kept the fun alive last season.

Ferrari should call it quits on the current year and work on the next. I was thinking at least Kimi is better placed than he was at Lotus but look at Grosjean. Really 1.7 seconds off the pole!

Ferrari should call it quits on the current year and work on the next. I was thinking at least Kimi is better placed than he was at Lotus but look at Grosjean. Really 1.7 seconds off the pole!

Ferrari has been doing that for years and it has worked out beautifully for them hasn't it. They can change everything but not the biggest problem the engine. I wonder if it is allowed to bring an entirely new power unit without incurring a penalty considering the current engine is frozen.

Kimi is better placed at Ferrari considering he gets paid for his work. If they can get the car sorted then I think he can challenge Fernando.

This year is going to be disappointing in the terms of Driver's and Constructors Championship. The only thing that can make it a bit better is if Nico can step up to the challenge. Constructor's trophy might as well be handed to Mercedes now than later.

I hope to see battles between team mates heat up especially Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari. It will be fun to see how Lewis, Fernando and Sebastien respond when challenged. Sebastien might be getting beaten by Daniel at the moment but I am not sure if it is just Daniel's skills or Vettel's dumb luck or a combination of both. So a fair fight between them should be entertaining. Nico is already looking flustered.

the Q3 statistic was very telling, the Mercs are a clear second or two away from everyone, and cars 3-15 are separated by ~0.5s.

Maldonado is starting at the back of the grid, with a car that is capable of P5 - that should be very interesting.

FI going backwards a bit. Their race end position will be decided by the slingshot start(if possible). Hulk has made up quite a lot of positions in previous races at the start.

Maldonado is starting at the back of the grid, with a car that is capable of P5 - that should be very interesting.
Lord of the crash lands .... P5??? I am surprised why his super license is not revoked yet :p[DOUBLEPOST=1399795078][/DOUBLEPOST]
Too soon to call off quits. A lot to happen in the season yet.
For starters there are rumors/news that Ross Brawn was recently seen the the Ferrari campus......

Back